Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd July 2008, 10:34 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
GREAT WORK RUNE...AGAIN!
GREAT DISCOVERY!

Old 23rd July 2008, 11:55 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta-knight View Post
and to all the people who thought we had found everything about sns
We've already said numerous times about the DK64 Ice Key. We said there was nothing left to find in BK and BT, not DK.

Also, rune, this is fantastic.

Old 23rd July 2008, 11:56 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Can someone please convert the code to PAL?

Id like to test it on my actual n64

good job rune

Last edited by ssj; 23rd July 2008 at 12:46 PM.

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:18 PM
Clanker

Oh wow really cool stuff rune!

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:36 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Great work! Finally someone uncovered some more proof of DK64. I'm going to investigate this more tonight. I also relied on the "All Items" code, which I can't seem to find right now (can you post an unlock everything/all levels unlocked code for DK64), and that never included an ice key. I always maintained DK64 was the true ice key SNS in Crystal Caverns (see my DK64 <> BK special).

Now, Nemu64 DOES run Donkey Kong 64, albeit poorly. Put on this code as soon as you start: 817444E6 00AB, keep hitting start and it will start you in Kong's house eventually, then turn it off once you get there. It plays very poorly, but it is enough to do some ASM hacking (that's how I hacked the moonjump).

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:55 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
excellent job, i've been saying for a while on here that we should keep looking through dk64, only to have cbm drop the hate-hammer on me.

nice to see a thread with some actual sluething and information in it, great job.

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:55 PM
Brash Breegull

the code works fine on project too

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:58 PM
Jinjo

Random Award 
Awesome stuff runehero123!! I hope you can find out more.

Old 23rd July 2008, 02:09 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Brilliant, Rune!!!!

I am so excited now we can find out what's left of SNS in DK64, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta-knight View Post
and to all the people who thought we had found everything about sns
...In the Banjo games...
But it's a shame so few people know about the DK64 SNS remnants, even though it may have been intended to be the real SNS in the first place.

Anyway, awesome, runehero123!

Old 23rd July 2008, 08:29 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
Now, Nemu64 DOES run Donkey Kong 64, albeit poorly. Put on this code as soon as you start: 817444E6 00AB, keep hitting start and it will start you in Kong's house eventually, then turn it off once you get there. It plays very poorly, but it is enough to do some ASM hacking (that's how I hacked the moonjump).
Wow, thats great! Looks like there is some hope for fully activating the ice-key with it's respective image after all . I had always wondered how you hacked out the moonjump. Thought you used the actual N64 with a gameshark that was capable of connecting to your computer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
Great work! Finally someone uncovered some more proof of DK64. I'm going to investigate this more tonight. I also relied on the "All Items" code, which I can't seem to find right now (can you post an unlock everything/all levels unlocked code for DK64), and that never included an ice key. I always maintained DK64 was the true ice key SNS in Crystal Caverns (see my DK64 <> BK special).
I noticed, from your "dk special" it mentioned that the Ice-key was found in the totals menu. Decided to find a menu modifier using renegade64 with project64. I found that, but it didn't let me select the ice-key item(cuz it hadn't been activated). Therefore, I just started changing random values at addresses nearby. I finally came across one that changed the "Battle Crown" item into the Blueprints. Tried out the value 0x08 and noticed that I had the Ice-key in my inventory .

Finding the value that changes the amount of Ice-keys you have was just a coincidence. I started playing around with the values nearby when I noticed I had over 9000 / 1 icekeys! .

Old 23rd July 2008, 09:12 PM
Brash Breegull

Is it possible that in order to get it working, you dont just need the Icekey which we now have, but another set of coldswapped data from bk?

Old 23rd July 2008, 09:20 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj
Is it possible that in order to get it working, you dont just need the Icekey which we now have, but another set of coldswapped data from bk?
Can't really say how the cold-swap data from BK would have worked during the testing stages between BK - DK64. For one, their may have only been one flag for the ice-key. Assuming the eggs were not present in BK at that time. It's possible that the flag data was different then it is now. Hopefully looking further into dk64's ice-key code will reveal more information about how it worked on the recieving end .

[Edit] Well, we already know how it worked in theory (and fact) but finding it in DK64 would be pretty amazing.

Last edited by runehero123; 23rd July 2008 at 09:22 PM.

Old 24th July 2008, 08:08 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
There is just one thing bothering me: the image for the ice key is the same as the boss key image. Just to settle my mind, could you possibly get a screenshot of the ice key and the boss keys in the same image please?

Old 24th July 2008, 11:21 AM
Brash Breegull

The great thing is that if you manage to 100% get to the bottom of this then the unaxplanable part of sns which rare will never explain will be realised. The other part will more than likely be revealed in kazooie and tooie arcade

also has anyone tried looking at the mystery option with the ice key activated? Does anything change?

Last edited by ssj; 24th July 2008 at 11:26 AM.

Old 24th July 2008, 11:44 AM
Bunnycomb

Viva PiƱata Mastery INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strandomguy View Post
There is just one thing bothering me: the image for the ice key is the same as the boss key image. Just to settle my mind, could you possibly get a screenshot of the ice key and the boss keys in the same image please?

Read the topic; the actual image hasn't been found yet. :/

@SSJ: It's extremely unlikely that Rare will reveal anything to do with the original SnS in the new arcade releases; if there is some form of SnS between the BK and BT XBLA versions, then it's not likely to resemble what it would have originally. The new releases won't solve anything in terms of SnS's original intentions.

Tags
beta, dk64, ice-key, sns