Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 1st May 2009, 10:35 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Viva Piñata Mastery 
Banjo-Threeie on XBLA

Ok I have put some thought into this and I think that the next banjo game is going to be on XBLA. The reason I think this is because
1) there is probably unused Banjo-threeie data for the gamecube in rares database (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2Z442Tajc)
2) I think that if it were to have the same graphics as NAB, then it wouldn't have the same feel since the graphics for BK and BT are 64-bit and NAB is 360-bit graphics
plus it would seem more original to have SNS II between all 3 being on arcade

Old 1st May 2009, 10:37 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I would like too see Banjo-Threeie and SNS II would be used there...

Old 1st May 2009, 10:46 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony111ster
1) there is probably unused Banjo-threeie data for the gamecube in rares database (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2Z442Tajc)
That wasn't an actual game though. It was a tech demo.

Old 1st May 2009, 10:52 PM
Brash Breegull

Viva Piñata Mastery 
still though, i bet they have some beta data in the database

Old 1st May 2009, 10:54 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
It's actually quite possible, especially considering the high sales for Kazooie (And probably Tooie), I don't see why Rare wouldn't do it. Banjo sells to XBLA fans, why wouldn't they buy a new game styled like the old ones? I definitely would.

Old 1st May 2009, 10:57 PM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Hmm look on SNS II items...medals, chameleon, sword and crown...Banjo-Threeie as RPG?

Old 1st May 2009, 11:08 PM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
The items were eggs though, the medals were only symbols.

When i first saw the title for Banjo-Tooie i thought it was banjo-tootie, as in his sister and kazooie replaced, Even after seeing "banjo-kazooie-tooie" as kazooie puts it .. i felt kinda dumb months later when i found out the actual name.

Threeie sounds kinda lame =\ the name needs work should be called like BK3;___ of __ or somethng..

Last edited by Riot; 1st May 2009 at 11:12 PM.

Old 1st May 2009, 11:19 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The items were eggs though, the medals were only symbols.

When i first saw the title for Banjo-Tooie i thought it was banjo-tootie, as in his sister and kazooie replaced, Even after seeing "banjo-kazooie-tooie" as kazooie puts it .. i felt kinda dumb months later when i found out the actual name.

Threeie sounds kinda lame =\ the name needs work should be called like BK3;___ of __ or somethng..
Seeing as Grunty told us Banjo Threeie was comign back in BT, I think they owe it us ^^

Also, BK3; __ of __ would be godly shit. I would murder someone if that happened.

Old 1st May 2009, 11:48 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony111ster View Post
still though, i bet they have some beta data in the database
You'd bet wrong, people don't have beta data for tech demos.

I think this would be a horrible idea. Platformers were abundant back in the early 3d days. If I wanna play an n64 style platformer, I'll get my n64 and psx back out, I want to play a next gen platformer, and when it comes down to it, they have more assets available to use from Nuts and Bolts for a next gen platformer than they would from an old tech demo.

Condoning this route just seems like asking a developer to take the lazy way out, I don't want to see new games with 10 year old technology, I think Rare needs to sit down and make a next gen platformer that takes advantage of recent innovations and technology, while expanding on the genre, and it wouldn't hurt for it to look pretty either. There's to many exciting innovations and new technology that could be implemented into a platformer to just ask them to step back ten years.

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:05 AM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
Hmm look on SNS II items...medals, chameleon, sword and crown...Banjo-Threeie as RPG?
Gtfo that's my job.

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:13 AM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
No.

It wouldn't happen.

but hai anyway :3

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:36 AM
Mecha-Grunty

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Hey, if SnS II will be used for some future installment, wouldn't that installment have to be for the Xbox 360? Whether it's a game or for the XBLA.

If the next generation is expected to be out in the coming years, this would mean that the next Banjo game would be released before then?

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:39 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
I wouldn't mind, but I definitely want to see the NaB banjo and kazooie do the platforming.

Old 2nd May 2009, 12:58 AM
Jinjo

hmmm. nice idea, i generally love the idea of making new-yet-retro downloadable games in the sytle of mega man 9...it would be amazing for franchises like sonic, but when it comes to banjo...i'd much rather have a new platformer for 360 (not xbla) with the N&B bnajo and kazooie. although both would be awesome (assuming that they'd be platformers)

and yes lets hope that they have a new banjo game out within...what, the next 3 years? that seems pretty reasonable

Eekumbokum

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:25 AM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
You'd bet wrong, people don't have beta data for tech demos.

I think this would be a horrible idea. Platformers were abundant back in the early 3d days. If I wanna play an n64 style platformer, I'll get my n64 and psx back out, I want to play a next gen platformer, and when it comes down to it, they have more assets available to use from Nuts and Bolts for a next gen platformer than they would from an old tech demo.

Condoning this route just seems like asking a developer to take the lazy way out, I don't want to see new games with 10 year old technology, I think Rare needs to sit down and make a next gen platformer that takes advantage of recent innovations and technology, while expanding on the genre, and it wouldn't hurt for it to look pretty either. There's to many exciting innovations and new technology that could be implemented into a platformer to just ask them to step back ten years.

Right, because Megaman 9 sucked, hmm? At least 'they' had the guts to release a game in the old style in todays gaming environment, and it worked. Oh hell yeah did it work. And it can also work for Banjo, with N64 style.

Joesus, you don't even think before you post.