Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:26 AM
Glowbo

I hope they don't make "Threeie" styled as N64, because, they should really leave the old style alone as its the past. It our memories, if they made a retro remake it wouldn't feel the same, it'll feel new but graphically and techanically outdated.

If they do design to make a sequel (please name it Banjo-Threeie or Fourie he he he) then I would like to see the vehicles back, but used for actual platforming puzzle, not just constant challenge after challenge. I mean, Showdown Town was so fun to play, because it combined elements and puzzles from the past two games, and featured running around as well as using your vehicle. It provided varity and challenge, and it didn't feel repetitive. Anyway, thats my take on Threeie/Fourie.

But to be honest, they wouldn't make Threeie, because Nuts and Bolts is Threeie, and secondly, Threeie wouldn't fit as it would have to take place after Nuts and Bolts.

Edit: If they we're to remake something into N64 style graphics, then why not update and N64ize Grunty's Revenge and add some more levels into it. That might work...Be interesting to see the result.

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:29 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldar-Kazooie View Post
Hey, if SnS II will be used for some future installment, wouldn't that installment have to be for the Xbox 360? Whether it's a game or for the XBLA.

If the next generation is expected to be out in the coming years, this would mean that the next Banjo game would be released before then?
Why? The 8th generation Xbox could just as easily have the compatibility required to make a new game connect with these...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:34 AM
Jinjo

It would be better on disc, with N&B artwork.

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:39 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesuki View Post
Nuts and Bolts is Threeie
Take that back or you will be shot.

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:48 AM
Glowbo

It's the truth! Nuts and Bolts is Threeie, just it's sounds totally stupid to call a game threeie in current video game market, doesn't really have an impact and secondly no-one would really get why it's called Threeie unless you are fans of the franchise.

I seriously don't understand all this haterd for Nuts and Bolts, granted it wasn't classic Banjo Kazooie, but seriously in today's market it would just be suicidal to produce a big budget game basing it on ten year old concepts, unless the franchise itself is iconic. (Mario for example) For what it was, Nuts and Bolts was fun he he he. (Although I rather it be called Banjo Buildie, cause it sounds more correct to the game, seriously...where was Kazooie in NaB?

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:51 AM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Why do you say NaB is threeie?

And by your logic, why wasn't Grunty's Revenge or Banjo Pilot "Threeie"? They were both Banjo games, but they're known as Spinoffs. How is NaB any different?

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:57 AM
Glowbo

It's a big game, it's a re-launch of Banjo 'n' Kazooie and its more polished (if you get me.) Granted GR and BT we're spin offs but they didn't carry the story where it was left. So I believe that Nuts and Bolts is "Threeie", because it's a continuation of the story. Although I could be completely wrong, and it is a spin-off, but it's my theory that sadly it isnt.

Old 2nd May 2009, 02:20 AM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesuki View Post
So I believe that Nuts and Bolts is "Threeie",
You believe it's Threeie?

Before you were claiming it as fact.

And Grunty's Revenge was a full on adventure, nothing on Banjo Kazooie or Tooie, but NaB had nothing on Kazooie or Tooie either.

Old 2nd May 2009, 02:23 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy View Post
Right, because Megaman 9 sucked, hmm? At least 'they' had the guts to release a game in the old style in todays gaming environment, and it worked. Oh hell yeah did it work. And it can also work for Banjo, with N64 style.

Joesus, you don't even think before you post.
He does, but this post not so much. I think it'd be a great idea, there's nothing wrong with Rare releasing an older style Banjo for the Live Arcade, especially after the great sales Kazooie XBLA brought. I liked N&B, but I'd be all for an XBLA release for a classic style Banjo game.

Old 2nd May 2009, 02:23 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Rare said in scribes, I believe, that they put too much time and effort to call NaB a spinoff. It is not "Threeie" it is the 3rd game in the main franchise, excluding GR. So the next game will be the fourth one in the series, even if at the end of Tooie XBLA grunty says "threeie", I find it extremely hard to believe that it will be called that.

Old 2nd May 2009, 04:06 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
Why do you say NaB is threeie?

And by your logic, why wasn't Grunty's Revenge or Banjo Pilot "Threeie"? They were both Banjo games, but they're known as Spinoffs. How is NaB any different?

Because Nuts and Bolts, whether you like it or not, is a sequel to Banjo-Tooie.

The fans do not get to decide what is and isn't a "true" sequel.

Old 2nd May 2009, 05:06 AM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Right, because Megaman 9 sucked, hmm? At least 'they' had the guts to release a game in the old style in todays gaming environment, and it worked. Oh hell yeah did it work. And it can also work for Banjo, with N64 style.

Megaman was a dick move from capcom, along with the many remakes, sequels and ports they made last year.

I'll feel disappointed if they made it with the old style, I mean I love Nuts and Bolts more than any banjo game before and if they go back to platforming I'd love to see those gorgeous graphics.

And NaB is threeie... all your logic and crazy ideas are stupid when Rare says "Well we changed the title at last minute".

Old 2nd May 2009, 05:35 AM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:

Yeah, because me disagreeing with you obviously means I don't think.

I enjoyed Mega Man 9, and I would enjoy another n64 style Banjo, but I'd much rather see something new, i've seen plenty of games made on 10 year old technology, it's not something I really want to see again, and, face it, besides the hardcore old banjo fans, nobody else is going to buy it either.

Mega Man 9 didn't sell to the masses, it sold to nostalgic mega man fans, and thats all an n64 style banjo would do. Just because i'm not blinded by nostalgia doesn't mean i'm not thinking. Maybe you should think a little bit yourself about differing opinions before you post.

Old 2nd May 2009, 05:41 AM
Brash Breegull

Viva Piñata Mastery 
People from the next generation of gaming don't realize that graphics arnt everything, if a game has super amazing graphics but is no fun at all then its not a game that i would play, but if a game has poor graphics but is really fun then that would be a game i would play. Graphics just add to the fun of gaming, they aren't everything but they do contribute

Old 2nd May 2009, 01:44 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenghost View Post
Because Nuts and Bolts, whether you like it or not, is a sequel to Banjo-Tooie.

The fans do not get to decide what is and isn't a "true" sequel.
You worded it much better than I lol.