Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: See thread.
Nope, it was good publicity. 20 48.78%
They wish they never left parts of it in. 11 26.83%
OMG WHERE?! 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th May 2009, 06:11 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The banjonater View Post
If they added one more egg to the gold, silver, and bronze, I would want them to add an extra world in the next B-K game like the cameo in ghoulies.

The chalk board that had a picture of four eggs, a key(?), and then "Egg,egg,egg,egg,key= Achieve secret level?" or something like that... but then again...
why would they make an entire level for that...
Don't worry...SNS II will be dropped because next Banjo will release on 720 so there won't be way to transfer data from BT XBLA. There will be tons of SNS II references in Rare future games.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th May 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Old 4th May 2009, 03:35 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
Basic Forum Rules 
...And this is exactly what Rare wants us to do, discuss SNS II in the same way that we discussed SNS I. Oh, and BanjoPL, it's more than likely that Microsoft will make 360 hard drives work on 720s, otherwise they're going to get a lot of lip from people who have 120GB hard drives, and most things in this day and age are backwards compatible, I wouldn't be surprised if 720s could run 360 games in the same way as a 360 can run Xbox Original games.

Old 4th May 2009, 05:44 PM
Clanker

RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
I think sns II is really a way to give us the better rewards that we wish the original would've given us. I mean, they wouldn't of done such things and pretended it was the original for tooie, cuz that's too much work for a port. But a brand new game could quite easily possess quite extravagent prizes.

Old 5th May 2009, 12:48 PM
Grunty's Reject

i think they where quit happy because there comback will get em richer

Old 5th May 2009, 11:56 PM
Bunnycomb

Random Award INFECTED - B1K1 
I feel they like to use it as a publicity...but at the same time they do it for us...

think about it, besides the franchise itself, Stop N Swop has got millions of banjo fans tougether just for the fact to reveal the secrets that this feature once hold (or never hold...depending on your own opinions) so now that it's finally over...that there's nothing else to say about it....maybe rare wanted to let a bit of that "mystery2 still alive...even if not as strong....

Old 6th May 2009, 05:13 AM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
sns2 was just them saying "hmm, lets give them bs rewards, giving us more time to think and code the better rewards, and make them even harder to get, while causing more speculation and make people freak out again". youre all playing right into their hands lol.

on a second question, whats this orange egg?

Old 9th May 2009, 05:53 PM
Glowbo

publicity is always good. I think Rare get's a laugh at how we go on about SnS. On that note, I think it has been a headache for the Rare Staff, and most of all the Banjo Team. SnS 2 has possibilities, but Rare needs to use this chance to make up for the weak idea's that we have seen already(Although some were cool) But like the extra vehicle parts in NaB with BKXBL SnS, uhg, a little disappointing.

Old 9th May 2009, 09:21 PM
Jinjo

What is all of this hype about it, i really don't get it.

Old 9th May 2009, 11:11 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Liquid Squid View Post
What is all of this hype about it, i really don't get it.
It's just something that the fans used to make the older games seem better than they actually are, I think. I really don't understand why people were upset with the rewards in Tooie XBLA, Stop n' Swap was never meant to be anything huge, just a reward for buying both Kazooie & Tooie and collecting items in Kazooie. People eventually blew it all out of preportion because.... I don't know.