Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th May 2009, 05:34 AM
Glowbo

Smile Small Sns theory

The one thing that I don't get is why people say that the sns item's never wouldve been found if noone hacked the game. According to that, rare was just being lazy and didn't take the items out after dropping the feature.

I don't know if this hasbeen posted or not before, forgive my noobness if it has .

My theory is that rare intentions were to have certain area's in banjo tooie tell you the sand castle codes for the sns items. But they ended up not using them due to the specs of the new n64 model, and just hoped they wouldn't be found.

Old 4th May 2009, 05:36 AM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
That sounds about right, but nintendo power posted the sandcastle codes in a magazine issue.

Old 4th May 2009, 06:03 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafwen View Post
The one thing that I don't get is why people say that the sns item's never wouldve been found if noone hacked the game. According to that, rare was just being lazy and didn't take the items out after dropping the feature.

I don't know if this hasbeen posted or not before, forgive my noobness if it has .

My theory is that rare intentions were to have certain area's in banjo tooie tell you the sand castle codes for the sns items. But they ended up not using them due to the specs of the new n64 model, and just hoped they wouldn't be found.
Wait, what? You just answered your own question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That sounds about right, but nintendo power posted the sandcastle codes in a magazine issue.
Wait, what issue was that..?

Last edited by Banjo-Korezooie; 4th May 2009 at 06:22 AM.

Old 4th May 2009, 06:22 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie View Post
Wait, what? You just answered your own question
Bleh, your logic is irrelevent >: (

Old 4th May 2009, 06:27 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafwen View Post
Bleh, your logic is irrelevent >: (
..How so? You said you didn't understand why people say the SnS items wouldn't have been found without hacking, and it's because RARE never released the sandcastle codes. I really don't understand your theories' point, considering it's been (technically unofficial) common knowledge for years, and it answered what you didn't understand..

Old 4th May 2009, 06:28 AM

issue # uhm... holy christ... like ...36? lol i had the subscription when i was SEVEN YEARS OLD dude...

Old 4th May 2009, 06:30 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
..How so? You said you didn't understand why people say the SnS items wouldn't have been found without hacking, and it's because RARE never released the sandcastle codes. I really don't understand your theories' point, considering it's been (technically unofficial) common knowledge for years, and it answered what you didn't understand..
Bleh, the first sentence is what I didn't understand and the second is my theory of what I think would explain it.

Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I think that you would see cutscenes in BT then you would be able come back to BK and collect items then used them in BT or maybe it would work like in 360 version...

Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
issue # uhm... holy christ... like ...36? lol i had the subscription when i was SEVEN YEARS OLD dude...
I thought the RWP found the codes and all Nintendo Power would have done was vaguely explain the SnS process

Glowbo

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery Viva Piñata Mastery 
Quote:
Wait, what issue was that..?
I'd like to know also what issue was it?

Old 4th May 2009, 06:35 AM

No the older magazine issues had like these 2 sections, one that would pick 3 games (on the n64 at the time, such as zelda) and give in depth look at some secret, like how to totally rape some boss, and the other would be straight up cheats on any 8 games, and one issue was special for banjo kazooie with 2 full pages of cheats (how to open EACH NOTE DOOR, how to raise the platforms in clinkers cavern, theres seriously a cheat for just about everything in the freakin game lol..). The codes for the eggs and key were in the issue. Ill rummage through my old mags (i have ~100) and get the number if its that important.

Old 4th May 2009, 06:35 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
I think that you would see cutscenes in BT then you would be able come back to BK and collect items then used them in BT or maybe it would work like in 360 version...
Well that couldn't be how the original SnS worked, considering Banjo-Kazooie's part in SnS was obviously finished and all the original SnS items were, were codes that would activate prizes in Tooie (otherwise prizes would have been found in Banjo-Kazooie, or at least a sequence where it would show you going to Tooie, which wasn't in the game).

RARE must have planned to have swapped the codes from Banjo-Kazooie to Banjo-Tooie by making the swapping process compatible with Banjo-Kazooie later on(?)

Old 4th May 2009, 06:36 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Ill rummage through my old mags (i have ~100) and get the number if its that important.
IT IS!

Old 4th May 2009, 06:37 AM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
SNS Patent mentioned cutscenes method...

Old 4th May 2009, 06:37 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
I thought the RWP found the codes and all Nintendo Power would have done was vaguely explain the SnS process
Just because nintendo power prints something, doesn't mean it's official. At the bottom line, they are a magazine. Magazines print new genarly as soon as they find it. I doubt they wouldve stopped to check in with rare before making the article and say "is this actually going to be implemented?".