Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 14th May 2009, 01:44 AM
Glowbo

Say Rare releases Banjo-Threeie on XBLA

Anyone think it'd be pretty cool for Rare to release Fungus Forest as a level? I'm sure they still have the original idea for it.

MFE would be impossible because we already saw H-P. However unplanned levels could be some sort of tribute to the fans if they would be developed for the XBLA.

I also realize FF was "made" into Fungi Forest in DK64. I believe it was partially made, if at all, being that Fungi Forest was too big to properly fit in Banjo-Kazooie. We've never seen the true FF.

Hammerhead Beach perhaps too, but I'm pretty sure that was just made into TTC.

Old 14th May 2009, 01:48 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
When will people realize that Fungus Forest was put into DK 64? That WAS their idea for it. There wasn't enough time to implement it, so it was swatched out.

Why do people obsess over a level? It doesn't exist anymore, and never will.

Old 14th May 2009, 01:58 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox260 View Post
When will people realize that Fungus Forest was put into DK 64? That WAS their idea for it. There wasn't enough time to implement it, so it was swatched out.

Why do people obsess over a level? It doesn't exist anymore, and never will.
I do realize this. Trust me, I know the history of the level. I had a big theory about it last year where we discussed for a few pages about the level's origins.

I'm saying to implement the idea in Threeie. It has nothing to do whether the level existed or not. Perhaps taking the idea again and creating the level. You can't say it will never happen because we don't even know if Threeie will exist.

Old 14th May 2009, 02:06 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm pretty sure there won't be any BK beta levels in Banjo-Threeie.
There's no difference of playing in a new level. The only thing is we know what are the beta levels....

Anyway, this leads to nothing at all.

Old 14th May 2009, 02:06 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Fungi Forest was an improved version of what Fungus Forest was supposed to be, so I don't want to see a crappier version of a level we've already seen before anyway.

Old 14th May 2009, 02:10 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiSpY View Post
Fungi Forest was an improved version of what Fungus Forest was supposed to be, so I don't want to see a crappier version of a level we've already seen before anyway.
I disagree. Fungus Forest must have been a basis of Fungi Forest. Fungi Forest was way to huge to be part of B-K.

There's no way to know. But I'm pretty sure if Rare remade FF, it would look completely different than it's DK64 counter-part and I wouldn't think we'd be able to tell that it was the same level.

Old 14th May 2009, 02:25 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447 View Post
I disagree. Fungus Forest must have been a basis of Fungi Forest. Fungi Forest was way to huge to be part of B-K.

There's no way to know. But I'm pretty sure if Rare remade FF, it would look completely different than it's DK64 counter-part and I wouldn't think we'd be able to tell that it was the same level.
Well, you were talking about if Rare released the original FF for BK, not a remake. If they made a remake, then yes, I'd love to see it. But I'm sure when they designed Fungi Forest for DK64, they took everything in the original Fungus Forest's design and improved everything. I think seeing the original Fungus Forest would be pretty underwhelming now, considering what a masterpiece Fungi Forest was in DK64.
EDIT: And when I say "remake" I mean a fully recreated level, like Spiral Mountain in BK: N&B. It was essentially the same level, but got a new coat of paint and a few changes. Opposite of remake would be just a straight-up port, like BK XBLA.

Last edited by ChRiSpY; 14th May 2009 at 02:28 AM.

Old 14th May 2009, 02:38 AM
Glowbo

Hmm...I think I made the mistake of describing Banjo Threeie.

I would figure it'd be N64 or similar graphics released for the Arcade as it's own game. I think that's where the confusion lies when I said to "put the level in Banjo Threeie".

I think people were thinking porting the level, as opposed to remaking the level from scratch using the old ideas for it.

Old 14th May 2009, 12:29 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well then yes, the Banjo Threeie that you described would be pretty rad...

Old 15th May 2009, 06:14 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
I think RARE implemented 95% of their original Fungus Forest ideas into other levels.

Click Clock Woods, Clanker's Cavern, and of course, Fungi Forest.

Old 18th May 2009, 12:27 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
What if...

Banjo threeie was Banjo Kazooie with All Beta Levels included?

Yes, I know most have been already used else where, but Fungus forest can't be the same. Mount fire eyes is just fire right? and the carnival and Gliter Glutch mine would be way diffrent.