Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 15th May 2009, 07:40 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Small theory.

I think Grunty's Furnace of Fun entrance was the original Witchy World entrance (when it was supposed to be in Banjo-Kazooie) and the Furnace of Fun was supposed to be part of it.

It makes sense, considering RARE put the same texture design that was around the pad that teleported you to the Furnace of Fun all over Witchy World, and it would also explain the Tower Room text found in the game (if the Furnace of Fun was part of Witchy World, then the entrance to the tower room where the entrance to the final battle with Gruntilda is, would have been a different area).

I think that's a reasonable theory, and the fact that Gruntilda sort of makes an appearance in Witchy World in the fortune telling tent makes me think it's more realistic that she would show in Witchy World before the final battle, even though that is, um, what's the word, anticlimactic?.

This has probably all been stated before because, well, it's obvious (though not necessarily true), but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Old 16th May 2009, 06:34 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Didn't Rare say that Witchyworld never made it past the planning stages in Kazooie?

I'm pretty sure they said all it had been was an idea for a fairground level that never made into the game...

Edit: Oh, and the text data for the Tower Room was in Tooie, so I don't see how that ahs anything to do with the entrance being somewhere else in Kazooie...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 16th May 2009, 06:42 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemega32 View Post
Didn't Rare say that Witchyworld never made it past the planning stages in Kazooie?

I'm pretty sure they said all it had been was an idea for a fairground level that never made into the game...

Edit: Oh, and the text data for the Tower Room was in Tooie, so I don't see how that ahs anything to do with the entrance being somewhere else in Kazooie...
I don't recall them saying such a thing, but if you have a link I'd be interested

*Facepalm* DUH! I don't know how I got the Tower Room in Kazooie, my bad.

Old 17th May 2009, 09:05 AM
Glowbo

Well,but nice Theory,the Atmosphere and Texture whould fit.
But i must say that pokemega32 has a point,it never pass the planning Stages, but yeah nice try

Old 17th May 2009, 08:15 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
It's odd, I can't see to find the article where the fairground level was mentioned...

Does anyone here know where it was?

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 17th May 2009, 11:01 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemega32 View Post
It's odd, I can't see to find the article where the fairground level was mentioned...

Does anyone here know where it was?
Wasn't the fact that Witchy World was in Banjo-Kazooie announced in N&B? If so, then I doubt there would be any official talk about it, unless it was asked in a somewhat recent edition of Scribes.

Old 17th May 2009, 11:27 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie
Wasn't the fact that Witchy World was in Banjo-Kazooie announced in N&B? If so, then I doubt there would be any official talk about it, unless it was asked in a somewhat recent edition of Scribes.
No. It was only an idea. They never actually started working on the level.

Old 17th May 2009, 11:32 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
No. It was only an idea. They never actually started working on the level.
How do you know that? *no rudeness intended, actually asking*

Old 18th May 2009, 11:00 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie View Post
Not that I know of. Only Gliter Glutch mine was stated to be planned for Kazooie, so the carnival could still be a lost idea.

Old 20th May 2009, 09:32 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I never even thought of that. That's quite an analytical mind you've got there. Although Witchyworld didn't make it past the planning stages, that doesn't mean that the area that was meant to house the level was never created beforehand. And yes, the Furnace Fun would have been a perfect place for the entrance.

Old 21st May 2009, 08:13 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
I never even thought of that. That's quite an analytical mind you've got there. Although Witchyworld didn't make it past the planning stages, that doesn't mean that the area that was meant to house the level was never created beforehand. And yes, the Furnace Fun would have been a perfect place for the entrance.
Thanks