Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 18th May 2009, 02:39 PM
Glowbo

Rare has ripped us off again...

We have recently been givin Banjo-Tooie for the XBLA, which was supposed to have S'N'S as it was originally intended. But, Rare has again left us wondering.

First, before I begin, this theory is a fution of many theories made by youtubers and put together by me.

Lets start from the very beggining: The ending of Banjo-Kazooie. In the ending of Banjo-Kazooie, as we all know, was the first time someone had ever heard of S'N'S. When Mumbo shows Banjo the picture's, Banjo asks when he would be able to get these items. Mumbo answers by saying you have to find out in Banjo-Tooie (this part of the theory by dan0ms).

Wait a minute. What did Mumbo say? You would find out in Banjo-Tooie!

What if Rare stopped S'N'S for one reason and one reason only: We spoiled it for ourselves. Not because of how the hard drive worked, as some people think, but because we didn't listen. Just think about it for a second: They told us to wait untill Bajo-Tooie, and we don't listen. I think we have faced the wrath of Rare.

Now, for the next part: How S'N'S worked.

This is something I came up with (Spartan R89). What I think would have happened would be, you would play Banjo-Tooie and somehow find the codes (mabe someone whould tell you them). Then you would go to Banjo-Kazooie, enter them in, and get the items (the six eggs and ice key). Then you would go back to Banjo-Tooie, and somehow get items for the eggs and key.

The only question is, how do you use the items? Well, before I anwser this question, I just want to state one thing:

Why the ice key was probably not used to get the mega globo or dragon kazooie.

In the 134 issue of Nentendo Power, there was a preview for Banjo-Tooie. Inside it, there was a picture of beta Humba Wumba using mumbo tokens, not globos. No globos mean no mega globo. If you didn't get Dragon Kazooie from the mega globo, where did you get him from? Well, mabe from one of the eggs (this part of the theory by ThumbsUpMaster).

Now to anwser the question I left for a while:
How do you use the items?

Well, this is what I think. I think when you had the eggs and ice key, you would find Heggy's egg shed, but it was locked. You would use the ice key to unlock it, then enter and hatch the eggs.

The next part of my theory is:
What items you unlocked.

First off, I think that the items you unlocked in Banjo-Tooie for the fake Stop'N'Swop was in the real Stop'N'Swop (homing eggs, breegul bash and jinjo as multiplayer). Also, I think that Dragon Kazooie was an egg unlockable.
I also think another egg would be the Devil Bottles, because when RWP found out about them, Rare said they were closer to S'N'S. The final egg, though, is a mistery to me.

Finally, I have one thing to say about:
Blackeye!

Blackeye as we all know, was going to be the main bad guy, but was replaced by Grutny. Then when he came back to Tooie, he was drunk with pictures of S'N'S all over. I think he might be the one who told you the codes. Mabe when he was saying a bear stole his pride, he meant the people who put in the codes early. At least, thats what I think.

So, in conclution, I think you would talk to Blackeye, who would tell you the codes you would enter. When you came back with the eggs and key, Blackeye would tell you to go to Heggy's. When you got there, it would be locked and you would use the key to unlock it. Then Heggy would hatch the eggs.

Old 18th May 2009, 03:56 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I think you're over analyzing this.

Listen,
SNS is in BT the way it was supposed to be.
Rare told us what SNS was and how it worked LONG ago.
Yes I'm also a little peed off that we got a gamerpic and a premium theme, because obviously thats not what they originally intended.

Rare left SNS behind because it didn't work with the machine, period.

Captain Blackeye was in Project Dream, and he upset because Banjo stole the show along with Grunty.
C'est tout.

Tada!

Old 18th May 2009, 04:24 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
I think Rare probably implemented the Stop 'N' Swop rewards in Banjo-Tooie in one way or another-I.E. in game features that were already in the finalized version as non Stop 'N' Swop items-and they just didn't come in the form of Stop 'N' Swop because Rare never informed anyone of the other Stop 'N' Swop rewards in Banjo-Kazooie at it's 100% ending, and were just trying to play it off.

Aside for a few details, I honestly think that's all Stop 'N' Swop was.

Old 18th May 2009, 04:30 PM
Most Helpful Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B2K1 Game On RWP Donator Viva Piñata TiP Mastery Viva Piñata Mastery 
Nice theories, though is don't agree with them myself.

But, 'otch!'; that reply from Kahuna is a little harsh.

Old 18th May 2009, 05:52 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, because EVERYTHING beta has to do with Stop N Swop now, doesn't it. :rolleye:

Old 18th May 2009, 06:10 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Alright, let's see how much of this I can explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan R89 View Post
What if Rare stopped S'N'S for one reason and one reason only: We spoiled it for ourselves. Not because of how the hard drive worked, as some people think, but because we didn't listen. Just think about it for a second: They told us to wait untill Bajo-Tooie, and we don't listen. I think we have faced the wrath of Rare.
But we pretty much know why it was scrapped...

The whole RAM memory problem. Your "one reason and one reason only" thing doesn't make sense if we already know there was another reason that made it impossible...

Plus, didn't the RWP come into existence after Tooie was released?

Quote:

In the 134 issue of Nentendo Power, there was a preview for Banjo-Tooie. Inside it, there was a picture of beta Humba Wumba using mumbo tokens, not globos. No globos mean no mega globo. If you didn't get Dragon Kazooie from the mega globo, where did you get him from? Well, mabe from one of the eggs (this part of the theory by ThumbsUpMaster).
There's a key word in there. Beta.

Mumbo Tokens were likely in the screenshot simply because the Glowbo icon hadn't been created yet...

Quote:
Well, this is what I think. I think when you had the eggs and ice key, you would find Heggy's egg shed, but it was locked. You would use the ice key to unlock it, then enter and hatch the eggs.
Yes, an ice key to open a large egg...

Makes perfect sense...

Quote:
Blackeye as we all know, was going to be the main bad guy, but was replaced by Grutny.
Wrong...

He was the villain in Project Dream, which was the precursor to Banjo-Kazooie...

This project was scrapped in favor of BK, which had a giant as the original villain...

Quote:
Then when he came back to Tooie, he was drunk with pictures of S'N'S all over. I think he might be the one who told you the codes. Mabe when he was saying a bear stole his pride, he meant the people who put in the codes early. At least, thats what I think.
Although it's possible he did give you the codes, I highly doubt it...

By "A bear stole me glory" he simply meant the game he was to star in...

I am the Cl :eek: nemaster!!!!

Old 18th May 2009, 06:11 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Laurence View Post
Yeah, because EVERYTHING beta has to do with Stop N Swop now, doesn't it. :rolleye:
I only talk about beta once, and thats for the globos. No where else is there anything beta.

Old 18th May 2009, 06:18 PM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
We have recently been givin Banjo-Tooie for the XBLA, which was supposed to have S'N'S as it was originally intended. But, Rare has again left us wondering. And that's a problem?

First, before I begin, this theory is a fution of many theories made by youtubers and put together by me.

Lets start from the very beggining: The ending of Banjo-Kazooie. In the ending of Banjo-Kazooie, as we all know, was the first time someone had ever heard of S'N'S. When Mumbo shows Banjo the picture's, Banjo asks when he would be able to get these items. Mumbo answers by saying you have to find out in Banjo-Tooie (this part of the theory by dan0ms).

Wait a minute. What did Mumbo say? You would find out in Banjo-Tooie!

What if Rare stopped S'N'S for one reason and one reason only: We spoiled it for ourselves. Not because of how the hard drive worked, as some people think, but because we didn't listen. Just think about it for a second: They told us to wait untill Bajo-Tooie, and we don't listen. I think we have faced the wrath of Rare. ....... What?

Now, for the next part: How S'N'S worked.

This is something I came up with (Spartan R89). What I think would have happened would be, you would play Banjo-Tooie and somehow find the codes (mabe someone whould tell you them). Then you would go to Banjo-Kazooie, enter them in, and get the items (the six eggs and ice key). Then you would go back to Banjo-Tooie, and somehow get items for the eggs and key. No, the original plan is what we saw in the XBLA versions, just with two X360 prizes.

The only question is, how do you use the items? Well, before I anwser this question, I just want to state one thing:

In the 134 issue of Nentendo Power, there was a preview for Banjo-Tooie. Inside it, there was a picture of beta Humba Wumba using mumbo tokens, not globos. No globos mean no mega globo. If you didn't get Dragon Kazooie from the mega globo, where did you get him from? Well, mabe from one of the eggs (this part of the theory by ThumbsUpMaster).Mega Mumbo Token, or the Ice Key unlocked Dragon Kazooie altogether. Problem solved.

Now to anwser the question I left for a while:
How do you use the items?

Well, this is what I think. I think when you had the eggs and ice key, you would find Heggy's egg shed, but it was locked. You would use the ice key to unlock it, then enter and hatch the eggs. And we're "ripped off" because it isn't your definition of SNS?

The next part of my theory is:
What items you unlocked.

First off, I think that the items you unlocked in Banjo-Tooie for the fake Stop'N'Swop was in the real Stop'N'Swop (homing eggs, breegul bash and jinjo as multiplayer). Also, I think that Dragon Kazooie was an egg unlockable.
I also think another egg would be the Devil Bottles, because when RWP found out about them, Rare said they were closer to S'N'S. The final egg, though, is a mistery to me. Too many things in here and I'm too lazy to point them all out. I'll just put a big fat Lex Luthor "WRONG" here.

Finally, I have one thing to say about:
Blackeye!

Blackeye as we all know, was going to be the main bad guy, but was replaced by Grutny. Then when he came back to Tooie, he was drunk with pictures of S'N'S all over. I think he might be the one who told you the codes. Mabe when he was saying a bear stole his pride, he meant the people who put in the codes early. At least, thats what I think. Blackeye's a drunk pirate in the back of a gay bar. Everything else about him is speculation. He is not your egg-holding secret boss-Superman.

So, in conclution, I think you would talk to Blackeye, who would tell you the codes you would enter. When you came back with the eggs and key, Blackeye would tell you to go to Heggy's. When you got there, it would be locked and you would use the key to unlock it. Then Heggy would hatch the eggs. lolwut
TooieTorch'd.

Old 18th May 2009, 06:25 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna360 View Post

Listen,
Yes I'm also a little peed off that we got a gamerpic and a premium theme, because obviously thats not what they originally intended.

Captain Blackeye was in Project Dream, and he upset because Banjo stole the show along with Grunty.
C'est tout.

Tada!
Now you listen,
Your first sentence and last sentence say that S'N'S is the way it's supposed to be, but obviously it's not what they originally intended.
Rare told us that S'N'S was a way to connect both games and that you would switch for one cartrage to another. They didn't tell us anything other then that.

Saying that he's upset because of Banjo and Grunty is your theory on what he said. Never did Rare say that he was upset because of them. Arguing one theory with another is pretty lame.

Old 18th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
I only talk about beta once, and thats for the globos. No where else is there anything beta.
Actually, no offense buddy, but basically by saying any past tense words in your post, you are pretty much already clarifying that you mean beta...I mean, you're talking about things that could have been, were, was, had been, and may have been...that's enough for me to assume you meant Beta.

Lol...

Anyways, I think it is unfair for us to accuse Rare of ripping us off, by far! Hell, the Rare Witch Project wasn't even around when SnS was first discovered!!! If anything NINTENDO ripped us off, because if it hadn't been for their change in design for the N64, we would have had the original SnS. But had that happened, there wouldn't have been the same mystery as what we have now...Stop and Swop was some minor, *neat* feature that would have given players incentive to play both games...Sure it has some mystery to it, and we've discovered some cool things, but it most ideally was never going to be anywhere near as epic as our imaginations have allowed it to evolve into.

Great post, though! You organized your thoughts well, and it was a pleasing sight to for once not see a wall of text!
I just still think some people are being too hard on Rare, especially with this new revived SnS for XBLA...

Old 18th May 2009, 08:06 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Now you listen,
Your first sentence and last sentence say that S'N'S is the way it's supposed to be, but obviously it's not what they originally intended.
Rare told us that S'N'S was a way to connect both games and that you would switch for one cartrage to another. They didn't tell us anything other then that.
You cannot say that it is obviously not what they intended.

What you said after that pretty much confirmed that you aren't sure on what they originally intended, so please do not speculate and state incredulous opinions that you claim as facts. They never told us what it was going to be, so you can't say that the SnS that is in this game was never going to be it.

In fact, what we were given right now is more than what it was going to be.

Rare had stated that Stop 'n' Swop would be fully implimented the way it was supposed to be in the XBLA port.

This is true, however, they added the extra, left-over, eggs as additional rewards. These left-over eggs were to never be used in the game.

Remember how Mumbo only showed you a few of the Stop 'n' Swop eggs at the end of B-K, the rest of the eggs had to be hacked to be discovered. This was most likely because Rare wasn't certain on how many eggs they wanted to use in B-T, and only hinted at a few. If they decided to use them all, they would reveal them on B-T's release.

How can you be so sure that Stop 'n' Swop II wasn't the original plan for Tooie? Going by Rare's rather humerous track record, this is certainly up their alley. You cannot state that it was, and I quote "obviously not what they intended."

Please, while opinions here are welcomed, do not confuse fact with opinion, or speculation for truth.

Please and thank you.

Old 18th May 2009, 11:08 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Now that I think of it... they did finish stop'n'swop. Original rewards or not, they had intended it to be extras for playing both games. We got them.

Old 20th May 2009, 12:34 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna360 View Post

Listen,

C'est tout.

Tada!
When? link? i just want to know....

Old 20th May 2009, 09:29 AM
Grunty's Reject

well you know how in B-K it says find out SNS in B-T & B-T didnt have it & N&B said BK360 & it said the end to stop & swop will Be BT360 well they have just started SNS all over again & i don't give a crap for SNS2

Old 20th May 2009, 11:28 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AM SODAH View Post
When? link? i just want to know....
The SNS patent? That was discovered a few years ago and told us how it would of been done from a technical stand point. Lots of people didn't read/care because it didn't mention any secrets. Just a lever

But yeah, that is how SNS would of happened