Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th September 2005, 03:23 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
MISSINGNO killed my Red game. I had like 4 in my party and while I did, music kept glitching up and the game froze.

Old 10th September 2005, 03:25 AM
Clanker

MISSINGNO scared me. Wasn't it just an L-shaped jumble of letters and numbers?

Either way, free items galore, can't complain.

Now I dislike Pokemon. But it's nice to reminisce. As to the topic, I doubt SnS will be revealed any time soon, if ever.

Old 10th September 2005, 04:35 AM
Jinjo

Ah yes, Missingno.

attacks:
water gun
water gun
Sky attack.

evolves into Kangaskhan at ??? level.

Old 10th September 2005, 05:03 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I loved missingno, thanks to him I had an UNGODLY amount of Rare Candy on me at all times. As per the topic if the hackers here are dilligent I believe they will find something in BK. BT however I highly doubt.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 10th September 2005, 06:02 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewChan
No, M was the tetris block, MISSINGNO was the ghost looking one...
I do recall the tetris block. It duplicated all my items. It was so long ago I can't remember a ghost-looking one....

Old 10th September 2005, 06:59 AM
Jinjo

Yeah, the Missingno I caught was a Tetris block. Of course, he had several forms... sometimes his name can be a jumble of shapes and the letter "M". I've never seen a ghost Missingno though. I don't remember him screwing with my game that badly; the battle animations got screwy but that was it.

One fake code that still gets me is in Super Mario 64... you walked along the wall by the Cool Cool Mountain painting to make the ghost laugh (and move to behind the wall in that hallway), and you were supposed to jump over the door somehow, and the ghost would tell you how to get Luigi. After about six years, I finally managed to get into the black void with the ghost, and it really pissed me off that he didn't talk to me! (And by the way, you can't jump over the door... it takes a bit of cleverness to get back with that ghost.)

However, I invented the *legitimate* "pseudo-first-person Mario 64" code. So, if anyone wants me to share...

1949-2005

Last edited by AlmostJinkies; 10th September 2005 at 07:02 AM.

Old 10th September 2005, 03:23 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
He was great for catching those damn Abras, which would teleport after one move. All you had to do was clone off the master ball a few hundred times >_>

Wasnt so great if you caught him, though... I seem to remember I had massive problems trying to do anything which involved linking with another GB, after I got Missingno. The trading place was always locked, and in the end I had to buy another copy of the game.

I bought it about 2 weeks before the craze came to it's abrupt halt. How unlucky is that?

Old 10th September 2005, 03:29 PM
Glowbo

Ugh...Missingno. He completeley fried me and vaticandrummer's Red game...

And if you looked at your Pokemon that you had,(after catching at least two Missingno) the icons were people...

And I once found Blane (a gym leader)...underwater, on my Blue game, and the only Pokemon he had were different-shaped Missingnos. It was weird.

Old 10th September 2005, 06:52 PM
Clanker

Heh, am I the only one whose game wasn't messed with by finding MISSINGNO?

Old 10th September 2005, 07:15 PM
Glowbo

Only thing that went weird with my Blue game was that my Hall of Fame would be different everytime I looked at it. I remember it said once I had a lv 16 Dodrio, I think...funny stuff.

Though I was the only stupid boy in my 4th grade class to waste all his Rare Candy before doing the infinite item trick....oh well...gone are those days...

Old 10th September 2005, 07:27 PM
Dingpot

This is getting obscenely off-topic, and I strongly suggest that the conversation gets shifted back to SnS.

I am suprised this topic wasn't closed after the first few post's actually. Anyway, this SnS "code" is obviousally a hoax.

Old 10th September 2005, 08:27 PM
Jinjo

Well, in that case, no one gets to hear the "first person Mario 64" code then... too bad!

1949-2005

Old 10th September 2005, 08:58 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostJinkies
Well, in that case, no one gets to hear the "first person Mario 64" code then... too bad!
I wanna know!!!
plz?

And screw that BK cheat, it's so fake, it isn't even funny.

Oh, I once captured a Charmeleon lvl 137 thanks to missingno. on my blue version... I had all three versions plus crystal. yellow was my first and the only I beat without cheating.

aah memories...

Last edited by LaorBR; 10th September 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Old 11th September 2005, 02:49 AM
Jinjo

My favorite Pokemon games are the pirate duo, Pokemon Diamond & Jade. They're not even Pokemon games... actually, they're cooler. I think they're officially called "Telefang".

OK, OK, as for first person Mario 64... I discovered this when screwing around with GameShark. First, you need to activate the "Press L to Levitate" code. Go somewhere with a cannon; I recommend the castle grounds, because you have a lot of enemy-free testing space. Jump into the cannon. When the crosshairs come up, levitate. You'll float out of the cannon, and be able to control Mario, but the controls will be reversed. Land yourself on safe ground, and try to shoot. The crosshairs will disappear, and you'll have normal control. Switch to Mario Cam and zoom in as far as possible, and voila; pseudo first person Mario 64! What's really happening here is that Mario is for some reason invisible, and the camera is stuck about halfway through him, so you have the illusion that you're seeing right through Mario's head. The only catches to this trick are that you get stuck if you climb a tree, you lose it when you go to another area, and you can only do it where there's a cannon. Otherwise, you can interact with enemies, jump, flip, whatever, just like normal. Enjoy!

1949-2005

Old 11th September 2005, 09:28 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Not exactly what I expected, but still a very cool glitch
It's really weird, you don't see him neither hear his walking, and many fun things to do.
Like climbing the waterfall by taping L or hiting your head on the walls with the close-up camera. Yeah, fun in the Brazilian way =)
Too bad you can't fly or leave that area. Wish I could beat Bowser that way =(

first person free falls are the besthttp://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4350/nuss3er.jpg

Now, as form of gratitude, please accept my bloody screenshots*evil laughs*

This is gonna hurt!http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2...nnahurt0bh.jpg
OUCH! painful...http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4158/ouch5af.jpg
HA! And you thought Mario was for all ages! ESRB can't stop me being homicidal baby! BWhaHAhaHAhaHAahA

Now this went really off-topic. Better lock this before it gets worse.
*ready to try the trick in Shifting Sand Land*