Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 29th August 2007, 11:29 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
You're telling me. Don't know the format codes, don't know how the bank system works (offsets point outside of the model file - no doubt about that) and I don't have enough time to do a bunch of guesswork at this particular moment.

Last edited by cooliscool; 29th August 2007 at 11:31 PM.

Old 30th August 2007, 12:47 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
They're all in the model file, I think. I know I've seen with my own eyes some inside the model file.

Old 30th August 2007, 01:08 AM
Dingpot

They are indeed, but the references say otherwise. Something's going on, I'll look into it further.

Also, an update: I spent some time on the formats, got I/IA/RGBA (all bpp) textures decoded.

Old 30th August 2007, 03:23 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I think those might be editor models. Like that camera model could show, in a level, where a cut scene might be triggered, so the level designer knows where it is.

Old 30th August 2007, 07:37 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Every nice hope you keep it up.

Old 30th August 2007, 09:53 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo
I think those might be editor models. Like that camera model could show, in a level, where a cut scene might be triggered, so the level designer knows where it is.
I agree:

Camera = Cut-Scene Event

Exclamation mark = Trigger Event

Eject Button = Warp Event?

What if these models are in game, but they are just hidden when you are playing?

Old 1st September 2007, 10:51 AM
Dingpot

Doubt it, though the debuggers idea does make sense, and that's what was originally thought by Jani and myself upon discovery.

SubDrag: I haven't had much more time to work on the program, but I got the offset issue figured out. The offsets were correct, but they looked like they were pointing to the middle of textures, which is correct. It seems the textures are one master texture, which is split up upon processing of the display list (by reading parts of the master texture).. why, not really sure. Should be pretty easy to implement though.

With that, I hope to have some shots and a release with textures in the near future (might be interesting to know that none of the aformentioned "Debug" models don't have textures or special combiner commands - so what you see is what you get here ).

Last edited by cooliscool; 1st September 2007 at 11:04 AM.

Old 1st September 2007, 01:41 PM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
I wish I had the time to complete the one I started. It was a subset of the bigger, never released, BK Modifier project.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/imag...n/bkmv0001.gif
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/imag...n/bkmv0002.gif

Good luck with yours.

Old 1st September 2007, 08:27 PM
Dingpot

Mabey we will find some sort of comand center unused or somthing lets just home we find atleast ONE TIHNG MORE

EDIT:I may have found the base egg in the models. load model 1E4CA8

Last edited by BK-SNS-BT?; 1st September 2007 at 08:30 PM.

Old 1st September 2007, 08:35 PM
Dingpot

264B38 Some knid block
281510 A drum?
348840 a button, mabey the BETA hunny comb switch

Old 1st September 2007, 09:43 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK-SNS-BT?
264B38 Some knid block
281510 A drum?
348840 a button, mabey the BETA hunny comb switch
pics?

Old 1st September 2007, 09:51 PM
Dingpot

sry having some problems with pictures. just load the models

Old 1st September 2007, 10:41 PM
Jinjo

One large master texture is a fairly common occurance, not just in N64 games but in general. Depends on what the developer prefers, I suppose. The N64 Custom Robo games do that as well, and surprisingly use a very similar model block structure. Different, but the concept is the same. You'll probably find out the same or similar dev enviroment was being used, or some such nonsense.

Those models are undoubtedly used only for debug purposes, but probably were intended to be toggled in-game by the dev tools. Why on hardware? Quite honestly, the N64's dedicated hardware is just a whole lot faster at rendering this stuff, and they'd want to know exactly where this stuff was and where they are moving it to.
This isn't the only game to use them. There are a few obscure japanese carts that have similar stuff, and if I remember correctly so did mission impossible.
In fact, I'd go so far as to say there is probably a toggle someplace that will make the 'debug' objects visible. Why? Rare's keyboards were so caked with spilt coffee they couldn't use the delete keys any longer. Besides, it would likely be easier to just leave most of the handles in the game than try to backtrack and erase it all. GE's a pretty good case. There are toggles to deactivate pretty much everything, including inhibiting objects from loading. Just found that one a few days ago. Not make them invisible, mind you - just not load them...

So, hackers, try and find the toggle.

Neat object, by the way. The GE editor could use it ;*)

Old 3rd September 2007, 12:20 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
^So you agree with me then? That these models are in the game but just not visible. That's cool, and it gives me a little side thing to look into.

@CoolisCool: I was wondering if I could host your program up on the TB's site. Of course I would give you full credit. It would be a helpful tool for our hackers to use. Thanks.

Old 3rd September 2007, 02:26 AM
Dingpot

I dont even like the banjo games, but even i like where this is going, now i gotta find where i put the game

User Tag List