Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 16th October 2006, 03:35 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Theories.

'Ello, I'm not very smart in the SnS mystery but I have some theories. SnS has been worked on ever since late 1998, the release of Banjo-Tooie was in 2000, thus more work must be done some fellow Banjo gamers said! In 2003 they released a new Banjo game in the seris, dissapointed it was not a sequel to Banjo-Tooie but another sequel to Banjo-Kazooie! In 2005 another game on the Game boy advanced came out, once again dissapointed it was not even a sequel! Only a mini-game called "Banjo-Pilot". By the year 2004 lots of Banjo gamers has given up on the mystery called "SnS". Only a few stood guard to try to discover....SNS!

Let me start off to the great beginning of the game!

Banjo-Kazooie had three supposed secret worlds, Fungus Forest, Hammerhead Beach and Mount fire eyes. Fungus Forest people beleive is now a world in Donkey Kong 64, there is a picture of Banjo in a forest beleived to be the "Fungus Forest". Hammerhead Beach is considered the unfinished world but in the end scene it is only used. Mount Fire Eyes was suppose to be where Gobi's Valley puzzle is, now it's just effects! People say no that these are false statments, are they or are they not!? You decide what you want to beleive. As a classic title, the hero (Banjo) saves the damsel in destress (Tooie) from the bad guy (Gruntilda). But in a game called "Grabbed By the Ghoulies" there are so many Kameos it's hard to tell! Acourse the writing on the chalk board is fake though it's still neat! Okay for SNS lets start of with the myth of "SNS machine!" Some people think there is a special SNS machine what joins Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie simply by switching catridges. Acourse I can prove them wrong: Switching it without exiting will lose all unsaved proggres, secound Banjo-Tooie was never intanded but because of SNS they sort of had no choice, so how do they link if Banjo-Tooie is two years older and in 1998 them not even knowing of Banjo-Kazooie?
The old story of Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Kazooie! Now, Donkey Kong 64 was released in 1999 Banjo-Kazooie was released in 1998. How does SNS go togther when it was unfinished in Banjo-Kazooie?

Another habit people keep doing is bringing up Captain Blackeye argh! People say he was supposed to be the main character in the game "Dream" but than canceled, they think that he has a connection between SNS because of his fair amount of Treasure Trove Cove pictures and the Pink Egg placing. Let's say SNS slowly....Stop....and...Swop! Well just because it says Stop and Swop doesn't mean we actualy do that? If SNS is just Rare's mean plan for a laugh than who are we to blame in beleiving? Will anserws be released in the next game or in the next confrence? It's for you to beleive and for you to follow!

Old 16th October 2006, 03:44 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Well, I must say that I don't fully agree with everything you've said, but you obviously thought it out well, and knew where you were going with it. Since you mentioned BK-DK64 Connections, you might enjoy reading this article by SubDrag, which covers that entire topic. Perhaps you've already read it, but if not, I believe you will truly enjoy it.

Old 16th October 2006, 04:22 AM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Actually, Hammerhead Beach was just the beta name for TTC...I think.

Old 16th October 2006, 04:23 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
1) There were suppose to be 16 levels, but only 9 were released. This leaves seven or eight* that we don't know about. Those three were just the only three documented.

FF - This making its way to DK64 is highly likely. There is absolutely no proof (as in direct Rare confirmation) on it though, so as probable as it seems it could be entirely wrong.

MFE - Any speculation on this is entirely wrong. Everything said regarding it has been randomly interpreted, and has no factual basing.

HHB - Many believe that this is was turned in to Treasure Trove Cove. It makes more sense than having two beach levels in one game. I suppose the ending scene could be leftover from it, but again, wouldn't those textures and such being re-used become overkill?

* 16 - 9 = 7, but if Hammerhead Beach became Treasure Trove Cove, then there are in fact EIGHT designs we never knew about.

Old 16th October 2006, 11:47 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
If you read Rare SNS patent from 1999 then you should know that SNS idea was/is possible on N64.

Old 16th October 2006, 01:43 PM
Brash Breegull

Grey Jinjo I never beleived in the levels they were true, just put them there.

Old 17th October 2006, 12:45 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
I know, but you said it like it was true. Later, someone will go "LOL ITS 4CRTIN I KNOW B/C BANJO NERD SAID SO SO IT MUST BE TRUE". I just made that post to avoid that.

Old 17th October 2006, 01:20 AM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo
MFE - Any speculation on this is entirely wrong. Everything said regarding it has been randomly interpreted, and has no factual basing.
Everything was randomly interpreted , about this level , but we know for a fact that it was planned to be a level ,but we aren't sure if it was ever made

In my opinion it was never even made beta in the game.
here's a little proof that it was planned
if you have good eyes and you can read of course

But no the pic in the bottom isn't MFE , it could be but 97% chance it isn't.

probly just giants castel or something of the sort.

Old 17th October 2006, 01:50 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Patch

But no the pic in the bottom isn't MFE , it could be but 97% chance it isn't.

probly just giants castel or something of the sort.

I don't really understand what you just said?

Old 17th October 2006, 08:09 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo nerd
I don't really understand what you just said?
Well in the picture I posted ,there one with Banjo in a unknow place ,and many think that it's mount fire eyes.

But ,to me it doesn't look like it at all.

Old 17th October 2006, 10:03 PM
Brash Breegull

It looks more like the beta path to MMM, I don't see how it could look like MFE even though we never seen it.

Old 17th October 2006, 10:19 PM
Dingpot

Random Award 
Maybe if Rare release both of the original games on a single disc with the X360 game, they will be able to swop without stopping!

Old 18th October 2006, 04:25 AM
Dingpot

what if BK's SNS had something to do with Conker and the Twelve tails it was being developed at the same time and was remade because it was a lot like BK........

Old 18th October 2006, 01:46 PM
Brash Breegull

Proably not, I'm trying to discover some more stuff about this....?

Old 21st October 2006, 09:55 AM
Glowbo

Random Award 
Well they do name donkey kong and conkers quest in the text and mario 64.

(yes futuristic graphics)