Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27th August 2007, 02:17 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Because the extra ordinary discovery that rune found a while back is going to be revealed soon. It might be RSA related

Old 27th August 2007, 03:28 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
What I'm trying to say is: perhaps this image is a beta screen that got picked up someplace, and someone decided they wanted to take the credit for it? It'd make sense, seeing as I distinctly recall the piece of information stating that the worlds could be revisited ... if I could find the magazine article I swear I'd scan and upload it, but I'm almost certain those magazines are years gone as I've remodeled and rearranged so many times since then and thrown out most of that old stuff ... :( I can mine my magazine collection for something though.
Ooo, what an awesome theory. And yeah I remember the re-visiting thing too. To be honest when I was really young I just thought B-T was gonna be about re-visiting the old levels. Anything new suprised me, lol. And obviously I figured I was wrong when I actually got the game. You could be right about the beta pic though (the only thing I don't get about it is why it's so blurred), seeing as Grunty's Lair obviously has/had alot to do with good ol' SNS before it was dropped and stuffs. I'm still dissapointed you were never able to walk further into the lair. :(

Last edited by Qwazin; 27th August 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Old 27th August 2007, 06:20 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
The lack of a shadow under the bridge seems to be a recurring objection that the image is fake. My thought on this is: If the image is a PhotoShopped B-K image, wouldn't the bridge's shadow be present, since it is there in B-K? Why edit that out?
Another thing I notice is the significantly muddier texture around the base of the Grunty pedestal. It looks almost like that plant stuff found growing in the swampier rooms of the lair, such as over near the BGS pipe in the room with the huge Grunty statue with the Jiggy behind the grille. It also radiates much farther out than the stuff in B-K did ...
I'm Glad i've got another person on my side. =D You have a good theory going ther aswell P_L. I don't really recall seeing anywhere that you could visit old levels, but then again, my memory doesn't go back 7-8 years ago.

I'm about 75% with this. You'd have to be a master at photoshop and have a very keen eye for details if you were to photoshop something like this. If it is photoshopped, i'd be pissed.

Last edited by BanjoFreak12; 27th August 2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: putting in tongue smilies

Old 27th August 2007, 06:53 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Just by comparing the entrance of the lair from BK to BT would explain whether this is real or fake. I doubt it needs further explanation.

Old 27th August 2007, 08:30 PM
Dingpot

we seem to be lacking beta footage of banjo-tooie, hmmm

i wonder if unseen64 will ever have info.

Old 28th August 2007, 05:29 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
If the image is a PhotoShopped B-K image, wouldn't the bridge's shadow be present, since it is there in B-K? Why edit that out?
Another thing I notice is the significantly muddier texture around the base of the Grunty pedestal. It looks almost like that plant stuff found growing in the swampier rooms of the lair, such as over near the BGS pipe in the room with the huge Grunty statue with the Jiggy behind the grille. It also radiates much farther out than the stuff in B-K did ...
Is it possible to change things like that using a Gameshark?

If it was real (read: created by Rare), a lot of things would be different. They wouldn't have kept the TTC pic there, for one. They would've put a pile of boulders in front of it or something judging by what they did to the lair entrance.

Old 28th August 2007, 06:13 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriJr
Is it possible to change things like that using a Gameshark?
I don't think it's possible to make changes quite that drastic with a GameShark, as it would require editing the actual 3D area model itself to exclude part of the bridge (which I would assume does not have that segment programmed as a removable model), and some way to put the boulders in there ... too complicated for my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriJr
If it was real (read: created by Rare), a lot of things would be different. They wouldn't have kept the TTC pic there, for one. They would've put a pile of boulders in front of it or something judging by what they did to the lair entrance.
I don't usually get into the "This and that must be related to Sns" jumble, but I think with enough surety to suggest it that it was possible that since TTC was so directly tied in with the SnS items in the first game (sandcastle password area to enter codes to open items, pink egg shown in the ending movie), it was possibly vital in the 2nd one as well (perhaps it opened the rest of the levels? Just making this part up as I go) so they left the portrait there as a subtle hint to direct you to go there ...?

They might also have thought that blocking EVERYTHING off with boulders might have seemed like a cheap trick and just left it there so as not to seem lazy like that. I dunno. It sorta adds to the realism of it to have it still there, I think ...

Another possibility I came up with is that the image is beta, but the room never served any purpose other than just to demonstrate the damage to the lair and was thus removed to ease the already jam-packed cartridge. I could see them quite easily wanting to allow you access that far into the lair simply to see the destruction, then deciding to cut it down to just the lobby due to space ...

P_L for Registered User

Last edited by P_L; 28th August 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Old 28th August 2007, 06:16 PM
Dingpot

And notice the pic is ripped, it dosent have to be blocked

Old 28th August 2007, 08:13 PM
Dingpot

i belive its real, it deffinitly wasnt photoshopped

it could have been made with blender3d though

Old 28th August 2007, 08:13 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
it was possibly vital in the 2nd one as well (perhaps it opened the rest of the levels?
It could've been directing you to go to TTC in BK. Maybe Rare planned for you to get the codes for the eggs in BT, then use them in BK. The TTC pic in BT could've just directed you there.

This is all assuming that pic is real, of course.

Old 28th August 2007, 09:00 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
I'm still saying it's Fake, But I want to be proved wrong.

Old 29th August 2007, 04:02 AM
Jinjo

I'm going to go with this picture being real, but as P_L said it's probably a BETA. The skill you'd need to photoshop this would be incredible...

On the other hand, can anyone think of a reason we'd actually want to revisit the BT levels or lair? Rare aren't the kind of people who add in a massive area just so you can explore it when your bored, they'd be too consciencous about using up the game's memory.

- - Blood

Old 30th August 2007, 01:14 AM
Dingpot

visit the RSA to collect something you left there two years ago XD

Old 30th August 2007, 01:24 AM
Glowbo

heh..... i betcha Tooty has been hiding in the RSA all this time!

Old 30th August 2007, 01:28 AM
Dingpot

theres a code to hear tooty though.

find it at
naw 4get it

Last edited by StevethemasterX; 30th August 2007 at 01:36 AM.