Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 7th April 2008, 09:41 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy View Post
Who the hell ever said they were supposed to be in BK in first place anyway? Gimme proof!
There was a Rare interview from awhile back, and they said they reused scrapped levels from B-K to make Hailfire Peaks, Witchyworld, and GGM.

Old 8th April 2008, 12:09 AM
Bunnycomb

maybe the levels linked like they do in BT, so they aren't the same level, but you can go from one level into another(eg, from mayahem temple into terrydactal land, so from fungus forest into clankers cavern, possibly even from mount fire eyes into gobi vally like you said...)

Old 8th April 2008, 03:13 AM
Jinjo

Hmmm... This is just a possability, but what if witchyworld was a hub of sorts for the game? If this is possible then the entrance would be the same, but mt. fireeyes could have been where the lava ride (can't remember the name) is now, and the space area could have been retooled from a mad monster mansion themed area.

Though this is just a wild guess, would it make sense?

Old 8th April 2008, 08:36 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by collecter View Post
Hmmm... This is just a possability, but what if witchyworld was a hub of sorts for the game? If this is possible then the entrance would be the same, but mt. fireeyes could have been where the lava ride (can't remember the name) is now, and the space area could have been retooled from a mad monster mansion themed area.

Though this is just a wild guess, would it make sense?
It sounds very possible. That sounds similar to the setup in Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Old 9th April 2008, 12:25 AM
Bunnycomb

but i dont really think that was what it was like...

i have a feeling it was always spiral mountain and then a lair (giants, witches, whatever)

not a carnival...

Old 9th April 2008, 07:20 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by collector
Hmmm... This is just a possability, but what if witchyworld was a hub of sorts for the game? If this is possible then the entrance would be the same, but mt. fireeyes could have been where the lava ride (can't remember the name) is now, and the space area could have been retooled from a mad monster mansion themed area. Though this is just a wild guess, would it make sense?
No, because Rare mentioned it was a "level" in that retro-gamer magazine, that would rule out the fact it was a hub world.

I would speculate that the hub-world was shown in those beta pic's claimed to be from "MFE" and "FF".

But we are getting way off topic here. This thread isn't about Witchy world, it's about Fungus Forest somehow being hidden in DK64.

Ok, I'd just like to end this by saying YES Fungus Forest exist's in Donkey Kong64. Alas, only certain element's of it exist in DK64, not the level itself.

Old 9th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Glowbo

Certain elements?

Explanation please? I'm curious.

Old 9th April 2008, 08:03 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Definition of Element:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
a component or constituent of a whole or one of the parts into which a whole may be resolved by analysis: Bricks and mortar are elements of every masonry wall.
So certain "thing's" from Fungus Forest made it into Donkey Kong 64, not the level itself.

Posibble elements:
Night/Day (similar to CCW seasons)
Most likely that Cukoo Clock area was part of the original Fungus forest concept.

Old 9th April 2008, 08:21 PM
Glowbo

Oh. What I was trying to say in the original post is that it might still be in the game left uncovered. We still find beta test maps to this day from DK64, so maybe we can stumble upon something related to the original Fungus Forest?

Old 11th April 2008, 01:13 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Hhm. Interesting. This lookes like a good reason to dig up my copy of DK64 and take another look. Who knows? We might find Hammerhead beach as well.

Old 11th April 2008, 01:37 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo64 View Post
Hhm. Interesting. This lookes like a good reason to dig up my copy of DK64 and take another look. Who knows? We might find Hammerhead beach as well.
I don't think it would be. It's not related to DK64 like Fungus Forest is.

Old 11th April 2008, 04:29 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Okay first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447
Perhaps now, but maybe back in the beta stages of the game, they removed the large levels so that if there was a sequel they could "WOW" more people in because of the huge maps.

EDIT: Which would explain Mt. Fire Eyes, Witchyworld, and Glitter Gulch Mine being removed from the game and added to Banjo-Tooie.
WitchyWorld, and Glitter Gulch Mine were most likely only Concept's that were thought of for Banjo-Kazooie and weren't actually developed. Thus the reason rare said they dropped the idea of having 16 world's because it would have taken them forever to make.

Mount Fire Eyes and Fungus Forest I couldn't really say if they were only in concept or actually being developed. What I do know is that in the Nintendo Power article it mention's that Kazooie had the ability to Glide. This move was dropped from BK and later obtained in HFP in BT. Could this have been a move you originally learned in MFE? Who know's.

Old 11th April 2008, 04:39 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I think that a lot of elements that were seen and used in Banjo-Tooie were once used in Banjo-Kazooie.

Old 18th April 2008, 08:21 PM
Glowbo

So getting back to the original topic, has all the aspects of DK64 been dug out? There is no base level of FF left?

Old 20th April 2008, 07:46 AM
Glowbo

All I have to say about this is:

OMG SNS!