Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 18th August 2008, 11:29 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Ok like Blackeye would told you something about pink egg,then when you play BK you see cutscene that SFI rises.
Nice idea

I have another idea.

Old 18th August 2008, 11:37 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
exactlly what I mean. what's you Idea?
By the way (thanks for the friend request)

Old 18th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Hmm. I thought this had already been discussed so I didn't bother posting it. I thought of this as well. It's been done in other (later) games. Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube did this: if you have a Sonic Adventure 2 Battle save game, you unlock Flicky as a game you can play. In The Suffering: Ties That Bind, the game plays differently depending on what ending you got in The Suffering 1. This is totally legit. I'm sure that this is what was supposed to happen with SnS.
I guess great minds think alike.

Old 18th August 2008, 04:08 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
Hmm. I thought this had already been discussed so I didn't bother posting it. I thought of this as well. It's been done in other (later) games. Sonic Mega Collection for the Gamecube did this: if you have a Sonic Adventure 2 Battle save game, you unlock Flicky as a game you can play. In The Suffering: Ties That Bind, the game plays differently depending on what ending you got in The Suffering 1. This is totally legit. I'm sure that this is what was supposed to happen with SnS.
Ah yes great minds think alike

Old 19th August 2008, 06:41 AM
Missing Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T View Post
Something like after 100% Ending SNS cutscenes Banjo-Kazooie save data for Banjo-Tooie(link to ice key and eggs).When Banjo-Tooie will be 100% completed will load saved data from Banjo-Kazooie(link to ice key and eggs) and will save data for Banjo-Kazooie(SNS areas unlocked).Banjo-Kazooie load saved data from Banjo-Tooie(SNS areas unlocked) and after collected SNS items will save data for Banjo-Tooie(RSA data,Bottles' Revenge trigger).Then Banjo-Tooie will load saved data from Banjo-Kazooie(ice key and eggs).After used ice key and eggs Banjo-Tooie load saved data from Banjo-Kazooie (RSA data,Bottles' Revenge trigger).RSA data and Bottles' Revenge trigger "goes" to game's memory-RSA is accesible-Bottles' Revenge is playble.

This is just example.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 19th August 2008 at 07:34 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 06:57 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo PL
Both methods looks like similiar.
cold swapping-switch off N64 and insert another game-data swapped via RAMBUS,
controller pak-switch off N64 and insert another game-save game data swapped via CONTROLLER PAK,

Why you said rune that cold swapping would be more epic?
Ah, but you are forgetting the most important part my friend. With a memory card, it wouldn't really be considered swapping cartridges. Seeing as there wouldn't be a requirement you would have to meet, you could collect an item, remove the cartridge, wait a couple days, and then finally unlock everything in Banjo-Tooie. Besides that, from a players perspective having the data held in Rambus would seem like the N64 remembers certain events from one game(without a memory card), and then activates them in the other.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:02 AM
Missing Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
Ah, but you are forgetting the most important part my friend. With a memory card, it wouldn't really be considered swapping cartridges. Seeing as there wouldn't be a requirement you would have to meet, you could collect an item, remove the cartridge, wait a couple days, and then finally unlock everything in Banjo-Tooie. Besides that, from a players perspective having the data held in Rambus would seem like the N64 remembers certain events from one game(without a memory card), and then activates them in the other.
i agree rune.

The cold swapping:
You see cutscenes in Banjo-Tooie (SNS areas unlocked) then you must switch off N64 and insert Banjo-Kazooie.SNS areas unlocked in Banjo-Kazooie.It need quickly swapping because data exist in RAMBUS for 30 seconds.

The Controller Pak:
You read certain singpost.Banjo-Tooie save data for Banjo-Kazooie (SNS areas unlocked).It don't need quickly swapping because data for Banjo-Kazooie was saved in Controller Pak.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 19th August 2008 at 07:10 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:05 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL
The cold swapping should work as you see cutscenes in Banjo-Tooie (SNS areas unlocked) then you must quickly switch off N64 and insert Banjo-Kazooie.SNS areas unlocked.
Yeah, but there is no evidence that SNS worked like that unfortunately .

Old 19th August 2008, 07:31 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
well

they had to call it ''Stop N' Swop'' for a reason. wow. I just proved my theory wrong. by the way what is bottle's revenge. I've heard about it, just not quite sure what it is.

Last edited by treeckoman; 19th August 2008 at 07:35 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:35 AM
Missing Hero

Stop playing game and swap for another.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:39 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Smile exactly.

so mabye my theory is still right then.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:40 AM
Missing Hero

You did something in Game 1 and you unlocked stuffs in Game 2 so now you can swap for Game 2.You collect stuffs in Game 2 and now you can come back to Game 1 for use stuffs from Game 2 for activation hidden stuffs in Game 1.

Bottles' Revenge would be good example.

You played Banjo-Tooie and noticed mysterious Devil Bottles's head in TOT qiuz.After 99% completed game you still can't found him in game.Simple because there isn't trigger for it in Banjo-Tooie.Then you found missed 1% stuff and this is link for SNS egg in BK.After this you swapping to Banjo-Kazooie and collecting SNS egg-this is trigger for Devil Bottles's secret subgame! So you come back to Banjo-Tooie and use SNS egg from BK-trigger from BK load in BT-Bottles' Revenge is now unlocked-finally you can see Devil Bottles in game.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 19th August 2008 at 08:09 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 07:49 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Question

can you explain to me how SnS is connected to Bottles revenge.?

Old 19th August 2008, 08:05 AM
Missing Hero

Ech this is just rumour.We don't have proof that BR would be unlocked via SNS but this is possible.
The only stuff is that Rare named BR as SECRET SUBGAME and after BR discovery they said that RWP are PRETTY CLOSE to solving SNS.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 19th August 2008 at 08:07 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 08:09 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
mabye

if you had 2 64's you could swap the items via some kind of connection. I think that might be how they intended BR.