Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th December 2008, 09:33 PM
Grunty's Reject

Exclamation I know someone that works for Rare

I know that most of you will not believe me but i thought i would have a go and make this thread. Give me a chance... why would i lie about a game? Any post that questions me about my source or anything will be ignored... I have told a few people about my source on another thread but i really hate arguing about it. It is correct that i can not proove what i'm saying but it is also correct you can not proove i am lying. All i am saying is that his name is Chris.

My friends dad works for rare and helped make banjo kazooie. I have asked him about certain things that people requested on a different thread and i have put all the answers below:

(If you have a question about Banjo Kazooie please post and i will ask for you)

Beta Levels:

Fungus Forest - (FF) was a beta level that was removed from the game. Some of the features in FF were moved into a newer level called Clankers Cavern but given a metallic look. The big pipe leading to the room with the cauldron was not there but a door with red eyes was there instead. The river still came out of the door. You had to swim up the river into the door where there would be a room containing FF.

Witchy World - (WW) was a beta level that was removed from the game and added to Banjo Tooie. The world was meant to be in a room that was removed from the game. You go to the place with the Tooty teleporter but instead it leads to a room and WW was in there. The teleporter was further onwards and looked something like it does today keeping to the WW look.

Hammer Head Beach - (HHB) was a beta level that changed into Treasure Trove Cove (TTC). Hammer Head Beach had a few differences but not alot. Most of the ideas from HHB were put into TTC. The entrance to HHB used to be a orangey mountain but they changed it to the chest to suit the name and put the old entrance into TTC as Sharkfood island but it's a bit bigger than the original entrance. I think that is why TTC is the only entrance that you have to jump into instead of walk into.

Mount Fire Eyes - (MFE) was meant to be where Mad Monster Mansion (MMM) is and MMM was meant to be in the room with the grunty head and a tunnel leading to Freezeezy Peak. MMM was up the ramp where the door to to the water filled area is and the door to the water filled area was higher where the cauldron is to show your getting closer the grunty (Who is at the top). Cauldrons were not going to be used at that stage.

Glitter Gulch Mine - (GGM) was a beta level that was removed from the game and added to Banjo Tooie. The world was originaly meant to be through the door in the room near Freezeezy peak and the giant Grunty head. The door does not work now and theres a cauldron in front of it. This is also the room that MFE's portrait was meant to go.

Stop 'n' Swop and Devil Bottles:

The first cauldron you find used to not be there like all the other cauldrons because they wern't being used. Instead there was a switch. You couldn't press the switch because you couldn't get to the switch because you couldn't get down the stairs because it was blocked by a door with a "?" on it instead of a note number... Wow that was weird to type. If you went near the door Bottles would tell you to beat grunty and stop messing around. To open the door you had to complete the game with all the jiggy's... there would be a scene about SnS and when you start playing the game again you went up to the door and it would open like a note door. You press the switch and a scene would show the ice barrier that was blocking the ice key shatter. You had to collect the ice key and then go to Mumbo who would give you instructions on how to switch the BK game pack to the BT game pack. You made a file on BT and it would show you the normal intro scene but at the end Mumbo did not just disapear he said he would help the bear and bird because he wants revenge and he tells you codes that you have to type in the sand castle in TTC. The codes would allow you to collect the SnS items. Once you got all the items Mumbo spoke to you and said he will send you back to the future. You have to switch the game packs again and when you get back there will be a scene where Bottles gets angry because you never warned him he would die so he turns into a Devil Bottles. The eggs give you the rewards and then you play.

Basicly you had to take out BK and enter BT at a certain time. The feature was removed because the game could have been damaged this way. Whats inside the eggs? It was implemented into BT so the mystery of SnS is already in the game.

Random Things:

1. Grabba (The hand in Gobi's Valley) would play a game of tag with you for one minute instead of just hide underground. If you "Tagged" him you hold the jiggy and must run away and try and keep it till the time runs out.

2. Grunty used to have green hair.

3. Jinjos used to have clothes.

Please post if you want to know anything else. Don't post just to question me or call me a lier or ask about the Ridiculously Secret Area because my friends dad knows nothing about it.

Last edited by spadon450; 20th December 2008 at 01:50 AM.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:37 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
I have a question... who is your friends Dad? his name.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:39 PM
Grunty's Reject

-Sigh-

I said no questions about that but i'll say it once. Chris Peil

Old 19th December 2008, 09:40 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow if this is true.

Can you ask if they had decided the layout of FF and MFE and if so could he quickly sketch them and you scan them?

Old 19th December 2008, 09:42 PM
Custom User Title

Ok sorry for being judgemental this is like me saying..

"oh i know a guy.. who knows a guys friends brother who knows someone at rare who said SNS is still unlockable if you type in PiesAreBlueGuyIsKewl in the cheat sandcastle"

well kinda like that. lol

Old 19th December 2008, 09:43 PM
Grunty's Reject

It is true. Only a complete *** would make up lies.

And yes i know what you mean Pies But still this is not a lie.

Last edited by spadon450; 19th December 2008 at 09:48 PM.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:43 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I have one question was glitter gulch mine originally in banjo kazooie.In a copy of that Nintendo mag (don't remember which) there was a picture of a dark lava place that looked more like the ggm lava place than the one in Gruntilda's Lair.

Last edited by abyss; 19th December 2008 at 09:49 PM.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:44 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyss View Post
I have one question was glitter gulch mine originally in banjo kazooie.
I can answe that: Yes.
Said in like June from the guide for Nab.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:45 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadon450 View Post
yes i know what you means Pies
Thanks for understanding

Old 19th December 2008, 09:47 PM
Grunty's Reject

Yes. Glitter Gulch Mine was originly a BK idea.

I have added it to the first post for everyone.

Last edited by spadon450; 20th December 2008 at 01:52 AM.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:52 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Did the Giants Lair look a lot different from Gruntildas lair. I'm sorry but it's still a good question. Did your friends dad work on Banjo Kazooie from when it was project dreams and the main character was still Edision if so what was that game like at it's early stages before it got cancelled. I'm sorry for asking the random questions but it's still interesting to know.

Last edited by abyss; 19th December 2008 at 09:55 PM.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:54 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
I don't believe this

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 19th December 2008, 09:55 PM
Grunty's Reject

Yes it did because it changed to Grunty's lair fairly early in the making of BK.

Reminder: Please don't post things like, "I don't believe this." You can all have an oppinion but you don't have to post it thankyou. I know many people won't believe.

Old 19th December 2008, 09:58 PM
Custom User Title

am sorry but it is quite "amazing" that you know all the awnsers, you must of had a big convo with your mates dad.. or do you keep bugging him.

am sorry don't hate me am just anti-gullible thats all :S

Old 19th December 2008, 10:00 PM
Grunty's Reject

Lol

I have been asking him for a few days now for another thread so i know these answers.