Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th August 2006, 10:08 PM
Glowbo

Later Alek

Old 9th August 2006, 10:10 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I guess I've got nothing better to do. Sign me up for MMM, SnS, no shark.

Old 9th August 2006, 10:19 PM
Glowbo

Hey i have that position too!

Old 9th August 2006, 10:41 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
ill go sprial mountain all sns no gameshark, ill start when i get back from school

Old 9th August 2006, 10:45 PM
Glowbo

Sweet, so has anyone, anyone at all, found anything new?

Old 9th August 2006, 10:52 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Swopooie
I can have any of the seven SNS items...but i'd like all if....breagullbomber hasn't gotten them all.
Ive gotten three eggs and the key...ive gotten gobis valley, TTC, and MMM celler.

I have got a gameshark but im a novice and it wont do much good. Any links you can supply me with on how to use it better will help but if you send them to me make sure their in english and not geek language.

Last edited by breagullbomber; 9th August 2006 at 11:01 PM.

Old 9th August 2006, 11:06 PM
Dingpot

Well I may not have been assigned a level, but I can debunk some of the findings so far:

MMM:
In Mad Monster Mansion, you cannot play the music written in the book; not only is it extremely difficult to see, and therefore nothing but a set of artsy textures, when Kazooie pounds a key, it simply produces the same note that the BGM was on when she hit it.

RBB:
In Rusty Bucket Bay, I'm 99% certain that "Twycross England" is simply an easter egg, something that Rare found a way to implement into many of the games they made, much like the cheese wedges in Perfect Dark, though those were limited to one game. A better example may be the cow patterns in both Perfect Dark(GB) and Grunty's Revenge.

Old 9th August 2006, 11:21 PM
Glowbo

I Will Do Gruntilda's Lair, I Do Not Hack....

And, I Only Have The Blue Egg.

Last edited by Stop N Swoper; 10th August 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Old 9th August 2006, 11:28 PM
Jinjo

Exclamation RBB Findings (Part 2)

I've finished exploring RBB and found a few new things. First of all, the Rare symbol shows itself in 3 separate locations in this level. That's more than anywhere else in the game! This is just something that caught my eye.

There are several rooms on the ship which have mysterious doors facing the inside of the ship. One of these rooms is the captain's cabin. Maybe the red egg was supposed to be behind that door...

There's also that knife in the kitchen which seems very out of place, since there aren't any other objects on any of the other counters.

In the computer room of the ship, there are two radars. Each of them is picking up an object at a certain location. What could these objects be and where are they?

Lastly, there are also two maps in the computer room that show various islands. Are these real places? Are they perhaps related to Twycross, England?

I will be looking into Twycross soon and see if I can get some answers.

Again, here are some pictures detailing my findings:
Attached Files
File Type: zip RBB Pics 2.zip (1.50 MB, 29 views)

Old 9th August 2006, 11:48 PM
Dingpot

Alek im sry i didnt post before i was out and yeah ill do both. Oh and sonictails1189 i did some research and it turns out that Twycross England is the location of RareWare!! Turns out that Rare was hinting their location!

Old 10th August 2006, 12:27 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Lastly, there are also two maps in the computer room that show various islands. Are these real places? Are they perhaps related to Twycross, England?
Some people said that it was Sharkfood Island location...It makes a while that I didn't played B-K so I'm not sure...

For the doors, I mean, it has to be realistic, if the only way to enter was the window, it would be like odd...So they put a door to be realistic.

Edit : Looking at the map with a "X", it's TTC, see the little lake, the islands around the big one, and the X is sharkfood island, I'm sure about this.

The theory was that RBB was Captain Blackeye's Ship and he was searching about the Pink Eggs (that would explain the pictures of TTC and the Pink Eggs in B-T).

Last edited by Isaac; 10th August 2006 at 12:30 AM.

Old 10th August 2006, 12:40 AM
Glowbo

Maybe Blackeye was trying to collect all of the eggs.
He had already found one of them, the red one...

Old 10th August 2006, 12:53 AM
Dingpot

Don't you think Blackeye would have...y'know, a pirate ship instead of a cargo ship?

Old 10th August 2006, 01:07 AM
Bunnycomb

ah, here i am again
this time with some odd things.
1. the middle section of the mmm entrance building, so just above the first roof (get up there by jumping on one of the stone "legs" coming from the sides and jump onto the top), is not entirely solid, banjo can jump in until he is halfway inside, it also has highly visible joinlines which is uncomon for bk. im guessing this may be because they werent imagining anyone could get up there so they did a cheap job on it, but why even make it solid at all then? it is the same as an unopened door.

2. in the lava area before the mmm themed entrance you can see klungo on fire on the walls XD [/funny]

3. at the top of the lair, near the transformation room, there are pictures on the walls of blackeye, or they look extremely similar. however the pictures on the walls usually represent the enemies from the level nearest to them. it seems odd.

Old 10th August 2006, 01:15 AM
Glowbo

maby this will shed some light on twycross...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twycross