Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th September 2006, 03:52 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoss
Just because the chest looks identical doesn't prove anything.

Actually, Dmoss, the falsitude spreads further. Look at the corners of the "opened chest" in JRL. Cut off, very sloppily i might add. and the whole texture is blurred while the rest of the image is crisp.

here's another theory for the person who made this vid. What if the text thing was real, but he decided to spice it up with some images that would make us believe it was SNS related? Ever think maybe this guy just wanted our attention on this? his youtube rating is impeccable, I find it weird that someone would snap and make a fake video.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:54 AM
Clanker

Heh no one hates you, i don't think, and from what i gather larako was the one that made you believe in it and from what he tells me over at SM you guys work togther on many videos. So trusting your friend is a good.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:54 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_No
Actually, Dmoss, the falsitude spreads further. Look at the corners of the "opened chest" in JRL. Cut off, very sloppily i might add. and the whole texture is blurred while the rest of the image is crisp.

here's another theory for the person who made this vid. What if the text thing was real, but he decided to spice it up with some images that would make us believe it was SNS related? Ever think maybe this guy just wanted our attention on this? his youtube rating is impeccable, I find it weird that someone would snap and make a fake video.
Well, you make one heck of a point, GoNo...

After closer examination of the picture, it does appear that the normally flat opening is actually pointed at an upward angle...interesting.

Old 19th September 2006, 03:58 AM
Jinjo

And didn't gaming master say he was able to replicate the freezing? I know it isnt everything, but damnit, i refuse to give up on this.

Remember E3? Remember Rare saying "we went to the rare witch project forums but nobody seemed interesting in listening to us"? I'm not giving up on this now that we have at least ONE lead. Not until its 100% proven. False or not.

The chest thing is fake, yes. But that doesnt discredit the whole theory. What if he just put the text thing in his video? This topic would have been closed from page ONE. I suggest, and recommend, more people look into this.

Starting with me. I'll get back to you guys.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:02 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Nosis
And didn't gaming master say he was able to replicate the freezing? I know it isnt everything, but damnit, i refuse to give up on this.

Remember E3? Remember Rare saying "we went to the rare witch project forums but nobody seemed interesting in listening to us"? I'm not giving up on this now that we have at least ONE lead. Not until its 100% proven. False or not.

The chest thing is fake, yes. But that doesnt discredit the whole theory. What if he just put the text thing in his video? This topic would have been closed from page ONE. I suggest, and recommend, more people look into this.

Starting with me. I'll get back to you guys.
I agree. I would say that the chest scene was the only thing fake about the video. That doesn't mean the method or text isn't. Time will tell. But one thing is certained, we are getting a whole lot closer to SNS than ever.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:09 AM
Glowbo

-post removed-

Last edited by ThumbsUpMaster; 20th September 2006 at 12:17 AM.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:15 AM
Clanker

OR he also used nemu and that camera thing that it has....

I might be wrong there, hmm i take a look at that screen again, not that i believe it as i clearly don't.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:24 AM
Jinjo

Crap on it all! My file's gone. I'll work on getting it back, unless someone has a ave-say ate-stay, or a gameshark code that gives me the right requirements.

I'm still getting a weird feeling.. I always have from Jolly's. Something just felt out of place, and here's the weird part - it wasn't blackeye. Just something about the whole place itself, maybe its the music, maybe its the background, I dunno. It just sparks my Nosis Sense. (which is alot like Spider Sense, but less infringing.)

***EDIT*** thanks, TUM. I'll get onto this.

Last edited by Go_Nosis; 19th September 2006 at 04:45 AM.

Old 19th September 2006, 04:29 AM
Glowbo

-post removed-

Old 19th September 2006, 04:47 AM
Most Annoying Member

If this is a fake, your not to be blamed Thumbsupmaster.
That is because you didn't really make the video, Lerako did.
I hope he's not the next Tom Sawyer.

Old 19th September 2006, 05:04 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Oh bugger I was about to start yelling "omg it's real!!1 SnS works11!!!" to kid with you and only now you admit that the chest thing is fake.

¬_¬'

Well, anyway, I spent good 50 minutes doing this. Yes, I know I'm slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac
But one thing is certained, we are getting a whole lot closer to SNS than ever.
I don't think that "never lose hope" are good words to live by at this time. Specially after(one of) the owners of the video said things are getting "more and more farfetch'ed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsUpMan
Previous and future installments on my Banjo Kazooie videos will be considered "crap" or "poorly made."
Oh, now I feel like a jerk. Sorry.
I never said your videos are poorly made, I was talking about the hoax and the whole idea behind it.
To be fair, I had never even watched any of your videos before this.
This was the very first one.

Old 19th September 2006, 05:41 AM
Glowbo

-post removed-

Old 19th September 2006, 06:15 AM
Jinjo

Well, can we get a pic of the original chest in blackeye's room, so we can compare the textures w/ both his picture and the picture of treasure trove cove's entry chest? I think the actual textures are very similar, especially if you look at the left, unopened chest that I don't think LaorBR modified.

If the textures are different than what Lanche showed in his picture, then right there we have that it is fake. If not, we are one stop closer in determining the validity of the picture.

Old 19th September 2006, 06:15 AM
Jinjo

so far, at least 50 times talking to him and no freeze. It slowed sometimes and I thought it would freeze, but no freeze. Any luck, anyone?

Old 19th September 2006, 06:23 AM
Jinjo

Actually, looking at the corner of the left chest in LaorBR's pic, and the corners in the comparison pic from earlier, it looks like the original, unmodified chests may use the original textures from treasure trove cove. That could mean that the chest in Blackeye's room might be recycled by Rare, from TTC. ANy other opinions?

Edit: Hey, what happened to the eggs that are supposed to be on top of the barrel? Don't eggs regenerate after a long enough period of time? If you had really done what you said, I doubt you'd pick up eggs from the top of the barrel, and then take the picture. On top of that, you had no reason to get the eggs, because I'm sure you would have had infinite eggs on from the code chamber. Why aren't they there?

Last edited by thatguyjr; 19th September 2006 at 06:28 AM.