Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th March 2007, 11:27 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
Damn, flame war here

Um, yeah. I think they're lying. And yes, you probably will think i'm a retard conspiracist, but meh.

If they didn't want to be reminded of Stop n Swop 7 years after the game was completed, why on EARTH did they leave the items and that ending in BK?! You're not telling me it just "slipped"! Plus, while the argument is that Rare likes to tease, putting in hints in their games about it is not clever and will only hype it up more, so they are setting themselves up. I don't believe SNS is fully functional, but anything is possible. Rare is possible of lying, you know. Didn't they say Bottles' Revenge wasn't there? Didn't they say those Goldeneye codes weren't there?

(Oh, and if i'm wrong about any of my points, correct me, but don't bother flaming, please, it's immature.)
Dude, I would high-five you right now. I completely agree, because you're right; Rare did lie about BR and the codes. Besides, 5 more eggs have been found in BT and the items stayed even though they say SNS has been completely canned.

[Start Rant]

... I don't see the point of Rare lying their way through responses such as these, unless they love to play with our heads and want to keep their game mysteries as a type of Hide and Seek game. Maybe that's what they want us to, for all we know! They could have hid the items of purpose and just say that SNS is a joke, leaving us hungry for real answers and the to find the answers ourselves because we know that Rare is never going to give us a real answer.

Asides from that, in the interview with that Rare employee in the video, the guy was blinking. He was blinking! He was going, uuhhh... This shows a sign of lies.

[End Rant]

Then again, all of this is all part of my humble, opinionistic mind.

Old 11th March 2007, 12:02 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
The only thing i could almost confirm a lie is the GBTG board which im not sure but i dont think anyone brought up on this topic. Also i do believe there are more sns related remnants with all those freeze digits in bt and bk anyways. So only time will tell.

Old 11th March 2007, 12:20 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
If they didn't want to be reminded of Stop n Swop 7 years after the game was completed, why on EARTH did they leave the items and that ending in BK?!
Because the items actually had a purpose up until that point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
Plus, while the argument is that Rare likes to tease, putting in hints in their games about it is not clever and will only hype it up more
That reference in Jetpac:Refueled was, in one word, brilliant. It practically made our whole forum watch the trailer, I can't think of better publicity than that.
Btw, the game looks great for a live marketplace title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
Rare is possible of lying, you know. Didn't they say Bottles' Revenge wasn't there?
Actually they didn't. IIRC they said on the scribes that BR was fully functional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez
Didn't they say those Goldeneye codes weren't there?
They only stated that Citadel was a deleted level, which in fact it was.
The only leftover from Citadel was its 3D model, all the clipping and solidity was missing (probably lost with an early source code) and had to be restored by hand by a hacker.
I don't know what are those other "codes" you're talking about.

Last edited by LaorBR; 11th March 2007 at 12:26 AM.

Old 11th March 2007, 12:52 AM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
I believe they denied the existance of "push button codes" in Goldeneye..when..there were codes there (according to Nintendo Official Magazine). But I mean..those were most likely debug and would simplify the game so it makes sense to keep them under wraps.

Ya they did admit Bottles Revenge was still there methinks.

Old 11th March 2007, 09:34 AM
Prof. Swazzle

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
They also said all traces of the other Bond characters in Goldenye were removed, and their suits, faces and pictures were all found in memory

Although, that was sort of to not get them sued and all

Old 29th March 2007, 10:13 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady G0 Lucky

Asides from that, in the interview with that Rare employee in the video, the guy was blinking. He was blinking! He was going, uuhhh... This shows a sign of lies.
Not signs of lying but signs of not revealing... Or signs of the unexpected. Maybe Rare just started making BK3 now for sort of a ... Cool down, so we forget about SNS and bring it back. He didn't say that they cancelled it, he said he thinks they stopped it. I might just be bringing up a useless argument but I had to bring that up.

Old 29th March 2007, 10:16 PM
Dingpot

Do I have to make another speculation rant ><

Old 30th March 2007, 12:59 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
The most I've gathered, both from the new article and the vid, it was canned in the N64, but it MIGHT come back in 360.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 8th April 2007, 12:38 AM
Glowbo

I just watched the movie and I just can't understand what he says about SnS in BK3, because the interviewer doesn't have his microphone ready... Any help?

By the way, I like that guy, just the way I pictured Rare.

Old 8th April 2007, 12:47 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I really think it not gonna be in the 360..but who knows.

Old 8th April 2007, 12:51 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well now that subdrag has released the decompression tool for the rare games, we may find some new SNS things.

Old 8th April 2007, 10:41 AM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
They did very bluntly state that there were no button codes in Goldeneye...

Old 8th April 2007, 03:41 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
They did very bluntly state that there were no button codes in Goldeneye...
I assume you mean PD, because in GE Rare released one button code, and never said anything about the others till dr. Ian hacked it out.

Old 8th April 2007, 03:43 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme123
but it MIGHT come back in 360.
Nope, not going to happen
The entire point of SnS is to swap between to games.

Are there two Banjo games coming out? No...just the one.

Old 8th April 2007, 04:04 PM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Wait..what about the article my friend? Didn't they say they might put it back in?

Also:They can swap with Kameo or GBTG, it dosn't necisarally have to be a Banjo game, just a Rare game.