Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th March 2007, 06:01 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz
Well i dont know if this really is a mistery,but in the beauty room in bk if you leavitate out of the room or walk past it you can see under the room theres little objects just floating there that im guessing just got taken out of the game from that room.Why?
i'm preety sure someone has found out what those where

Old 30th March 2007, 06:10 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killiax
i'm preety sure someone has found out what those where
Where? What did they do? What was ment to be there?

Old 30th March 2007, 06:26 AM
Jinjo

Oh, well sometimes i try to speak like Banjo or be sarcastic like kazooie, or rhyme like grunty, but it dosnt work out very well!
"I apreciate if you help, because my grammar have just landed on the field"
But this time i think my grammar just got bad.

Oh levitate can give you good images! more if you know were to use it!

Next mistery why its a forrest like picture on banjo's house?, and you notice house change abit from bk to bt.
But it stills being the same house, right?.

Old 30th March 2007, 06:32 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
That picutre is of what i belive beta Fungus Forest,and its the sane house,banjo doesnt have the kind of money to get a new house by bt,but it does get blown up by grunty's spell but i forgot how it went back to normal,was it the B.O.B?

Old 30th March 2007, 06:35 AM
Dingpot

yes it is and the forest picture in Banjo's house is thought to be Fungus Forest...as for the house yes its the same
A Shaz i cant remember the thread but i know i was looking up something try searching it...

Old 30th March 2007, 06:58 AM
Jinjo

Hey, wait!, theres no new house, it burned! no one fix it, right?.
I know they dont have money, but if they collect the 102 gold jigsaw pieces, they have 2 big pieces of gold!, enought to paint a house

Old 30th March 2007, 07:12 AM
Clanker

Wink

ooo! i got some thought of today!

-why is it that the bubble elevator to CCL shows the reflection of Banjo from the cameras perspective? Rare just didn't feel like spending time on a useless detail?

-anyone ever have a good look at the Isle' O Hags from birds eye view while riding the elevator to CCL? It would be great to have a good comparison of features on the island because mysteriously i think i see a small part of the island we never went to. But that might just be the hut to HFP...

~pretty much just answered my own questions here

-Rare originally said that they planned at the end of BK, Mumbo would be freed of Grunties curse and the mask would be removed and he would be returned to his original form. But Mumbo without a mask was WAY too frightening to them so they decided to scrap that idea and leave it on.

-Just recently i realized moreso why this whole universe was codenamed "dream". This series is just one big fairy tale expanding realistic elements with made up ones. The giant that was the original villian in a castle before Grunty in a lair, and the bunny rabit (I'm pretty sure thats what it was) before the current furry protagonist, are more examples of things changed very early on. The giant wasn't given a name, but I'm sure Black Eye had SOMETHING to do with it, possibly filling in that role.

-Its pretty obvious Rare does things just to joke around, like put subliminal messages everywhere and have doors outside Grunties industries and in the mountain river source gate in mayan temple. We've just gotta acept things for what they are, and that some things are just meant to be details to add to the scenery PERIOD. Heck I do that all the time when i write stuff.

Funny how things like this have to be explained again and again with each year passing that is experiencing the Banjo universe for the first time. Meh, i don't really mind it though.

~PJ aka General Guy
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 30th March 2007, 07:33 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum jiggy
The giant wasn't given a name, but I'm sure Black Eye had SOMETHING to do with it, possibly filling in that role.
Yep, go check it out now!

http://rarewitchproject.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8879

Old 2nd April 2007, 03:33 AM
Glowbo

I always had a suspicion that Mumbo was a Jinjo. We know from King Jingaling that they can be different sizes, and the way he's colored kinda makes me think of Jinjos. The spots on his skin could be liver spots from being old. And the mask is either bending his nose or his face got messed up somehow, maybe in a freak magic accident.

Old 2nd April 2007, 03:39 AM
Dingpot

Grunty cursed Mumbo and thats why his face is that way...

Old 2nd April 2007, 04:01 AM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
How can grunty move without any muscles?
How can grunty walk when her feet arent connected to her upper torso?
Why is grunty still alive?
If she is still alive why did she rot?
I thought grunty was fat? In banjo-tooie it clearly shows she is big boned.

Old 2nd April 2007, 06:31 AM
Jolly Rodger

Grunty can be still alive,shes just a head,who knows if klango made another robot thing again like in the gba.Grunty could move without muscles cos she knows magic that can make her wihtout them.Maby shes big boned and fat?

well tahts all i can answer,im not sure it its all ture

Old 2nd April 2007, 02:47 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killiax
Grunty cursed Mumbo and thats why his face is that way...
Which means he still could be a Jinjo.

Old 7th April 2007, 07:33 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
I always had a suspicion that Mumbo was a Jinjo. We know from King Jingaling that they can be different sizes, and the way he's colored kinda makes me think of Jinjos. The spots on his skin could be liver spots from being old. And the mask is either bending his nose or his face got messed up somehow, maybe in a freak magic accident.
Actually, I think Rare stated that Grunty cursed Mumbos whole body, not just his face. Thats why his skin is weird, and his face was just so gross that they gave him a mask with feathers!

Another mystery i thought of with all this Mumbo talk
- How did Mumbo get a full Mask. In BK, it's only covering his face but in tooie its around his whole head. Did he, did he buy a new one? If he did, that would mean he's able to remove the mask if he wanted to.

Old 7th April 2007, 11:38 AM
Glowbo

-Will the two sisters of Gruntlda appear again? They were pretty funny, but didn't the get squashed by anvils?
-Is the fire part of Witchyworld supposed to be hell?