Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd April 2007, 12:39 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Wow. So much hate for one of the biggest contributors to the hacking scene. Do you guys want some concealer to hide your red faces? Seriously. It was a prank, and you fell for it. Nothing wrong with that, so there's nothing to get angry about. Laugh it off, and move on.

CBM, we're going to miss you. It was nice having another voice of reason - not to mention a talented hacker - around. AND ENOUGH WITH POSTING SCORES ON JETPAC REFUELLED THAT I CAN'T BEAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo
Yeah. I gather nobody remembered my song from last year
I does! I does!

Like last year's track, the GGM SNS music was well done and fairly convincing. The only thing that (to me) stuck out in the wrong way was the loop point issue on the pan flute. (I commented to CBM that there was also an issue with the banjo tuning, but I later realized that no non-chromatically stringed instrument ever stays in perfect tune.)

Also, there are loads of flames in here (see Kez's most recent post for an example), but I'm not going to edit them out. Why? Because later you're going to be able to look back at your posts and think, "Wow, was I overly-sensitive!" And before any of you jump on me for saying that, just remember that the collective skin of Internet-goers has gotten thinner and thinner over time, which is precisely the reason why you'd do that.

EDIT: I spent an hour typing this up (Thanks, digital audio production being so addictive!), and pj beat me to part of my point. Great minds think alike, eh?

Last edited by Icy Guy; 3rd April 2007 at 01:01 AM.

Old 3rd April 2007, 12:48 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
Wow. So much hate for one of the biggest contributors to the hacking scene.
Good thing you said that.
You know, I didn't say anything back when CBM was being an ass to people who posted theories in the Banjo Theories (out of all places!) because I respected him.
But not anymore. Hell, just because someone has a bigger "hacking resumé" than me does that means that he can bash my opinions?
I know he was an invaluable contributor to the hacking scene in the past, but that doesn't mean he's better than anyone.

If Slaphappy could post a theory without many facts to back it up here: http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/s...ead.php?t=8899
So can anyone else.
Slaphappy may be a better hacker/programmer/member, but that doesn't give him the right to bash other people. That's basically what CBM has been doing in the last 2 years at the RWP, he was being a troll.
From now on I don't care about how many lines of code you can put in a GS if you're being a troll I'll treat you like one.

Old 3rd April 2007, 12:56 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme123
Harhar kirbyfannerowned
Hardly. That was a weak rebuttal

MORE LIKE KIRBYFAILURE AMIRITE

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:07 AM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Congratulations for making 50% of RWP leave, don't you think that joke was a little too hard?

(Btw 70th post )

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:07 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98
Hardly. That was a weak rebuttal

MORE LIKE KIRBYFAILURE AMIRITE
alright goggle boy, thats enough. Us veterans gotta stick together here, like this son! *puts fingers together*. No one here is a bad guy, because i'm sure everyone that was being an immature ass will soon get over it and everyone will be peachy and cool by tomorrow. If not, then i'm gonna wine about it all till hellfire peaks freezes and melts at the same time over. If someone is going to leave, then leave, I dont care, less people to deal with (not in a bad way). RWP can get through anything, i'm sure we can get through this crap.

Edit: toushce

Edit2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Congratulations for making 50% of RWP leave, don't you think that joke was a little too hard?

(Btw 70th post )
really? that many left? That makes me sad and happy at the same time. I dont want people to be forced out. Maybe they just don't understand. But then again, those people wouldn't be here without the prank to begin with.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Last edited by platinum jiggy; 3rd April 2007 at 01:10 AM.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:10 AM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum jiggy
alright goggle boy, thats enough. Us veterans gotta stick together here, like this son! *puts fingers together*. No one here is a bad guy, because i'm sure everyone that was being an immature ass will soon get over it and everyone will be peachy and cool by tomorrow. If not, then i'm gonna wine about it all till hellfire peaks freezes and melts at the same time over. If someone is going to leave, then leave, I dont care, less people to deal with (not in a bad way). RWP can get through anything, i'm sure we can get through this crap.

Edit: toushce
I agree. Everyone will probably get over it in a couple of days. Trust me, you will. Seriously, its not that big of a deal. A simple joke, (well not really) and a simple solution.

Please think about this before you leave RWP.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:11 AM
Glowbo

Smelled it coming from day one. Nice one.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:15 AM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum jiggy
Edit2:

really? that many left? That makes me sad and happy at the same time. I dont want people to be forced out. Maybe they just don't understand. But then again, those people wouldn't be here without the prank to begin with.
Sorry, i was over exaggerating. More like 10% of the immature people who couldn't take a joke.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:15 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm not surprised if so many people left. I honestly hate Coolboyman now, because I defended him when people said it was fake, and I believed in it.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:18 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98
gg, Coolboyman. gg.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:33 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
(no comment)

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:35 AM
Funk Soul Brother

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
(no comment)
QFT

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:42 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
But not anymore. Hell, just because someone has a bigger "hacking resumé" than me does that means that he can bash my opinions?
Yes.

Well, no. But the thing is, many of the so-called "theories" that he bashed were desperate (and sometimes totally nonsensical) attempts to somehow prove the existence of SNS. You can take a look at all of his posts from Banjo Theories. Yes, he could be a bit harsh. Yes, some of his posts were spam. But he often said what other people were thinking but couldn't say. (There's a reason some of the long-timers don't often visit Banjo Theories.) I just finished reading over all of his posts in that forum; if you take the time to do that (and note their context), you might see that some of them aren't quite like like "Stop being a dick."

Unlike GSCentral, we don't like crapping on our vets.

EDIT: This is post 1881, which clearly means I'm hiding the cyan egg in my pocket.

Last edited by Icy Guy; 3rd April 2007 at 01:50 AM.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:50 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Meh, when I said that I was annoyed with thatguyjr's walls of text that were saying that same stuff over and over and accusing CBM of stuff he didn't do... Heh if only I knew.

Ok I'll stop discussing this since I can't win.

Old 3rd April 2007, 01:52 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
This is post 1881, which clearly means I'm hiding the cyan egg in my pocket.
Quoted for best quote of the everness.