Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 8th April 2013, 06:26 AM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Exclamation NEW Flagman DEMO

UPDATED 4/13/13

After a lot of editing based on your guys' feedback, I've re-released the demo with many fixes and much polishing. The original demo was rushed and I just wanted to get it out there, but now it's very thorough and much better than before. I'm not asking you guys to play it again, but if you'd like it's still found right here.

<3 GJ

Last edited by Ty-chan; 14th April 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Old 8th April 2013, 01:21 PM
Mr. Pants

All right, I can't play it a whole lot 'coz I'm in class right now, but it's pretty solid from what I played. Very nice. My only gripe is that the running is a bit too, like... fast. Fix that up maybe? Also, dismounting ladders with X seems really useless to me because of how slow it is. Other than that, good job.

Old 8th April 2013, 06:42 PM
Formerly Fan the Man

You're Appreciated! 
Here's another one: don't make me download the game. Nobody wants to download anything.

Old 8th April 2013, 07:34 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
All right, I can't play it a whole lot 'coz I'm in class right now, but it's pretty solid from what I played. Very nice. My only gripe is that the running is a bit too, like... fast. Fix that up maybe? Also, dismounting ladders with X seems really useless to me because of how slow it is. Other than that, good job.
Thanks, GM. Really warms my heart to hear positives about my games for once.I'll see about making him run a little slower, but despite it being useless, I'll keep manual dismount. Now let's take all of Seige's constructive criticisms into mind so I can get even more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
Alright, let's go through this:

1. There's no reason for this screen to be this tiny
2. Get a better song for the main menu
3. Jumping is really floaty. Higher initial jump speeds coupled with higher gravity could help it a bit.
4. Jumping when getting off ladders or leaving water is annoying. If you fix the floaty jump, it won't be so bad.
5. Stopping gameplay to teach about the game is a bad idea. Instead try dialogue boxes that pop up without stopping the game.
6. Don't voice act the tutorial bits. That's cheesy as hell
7. I notice the box disappears without any animation. Makes the whole thing seem unpolished.
1. You can make the screen bigger in options, but it also distorts everything. I'll continue to look for a better way of making the screen bigger.

2. Haha. I'll go to indiegamemusic.com and see about that. Just feel bad for the composer. Not something I can guarantee though.

3. It's that simple? Thanks, man. I'll try that out. I was a bit worried about jumping. This should also make manual dismounting faster and maybe not so useless.

4. Yeah, that's just the best way to do it though. Everything else I tried resulted in cluster-glitch results.

5. Hm? There's only one box that does this. All the others are optional to click.

6. Aww... but I want it that way. I'll consider, but I'm most likely not going to remove them. I love the obnoxious Omochao-likeness. It's supposed to be a joke, really.

7. Nothing I can really do about that on the GM system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John! View Post
Here's another one: don't make me download the game. Nobody wants to download anything.
I understand this is a huge turn-off for some people, but there's no any other way I can do it with GM. I'd really like to have a server-based version and a downloadable version both available on my site.

User Tag List