Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th June 2005, 03:43 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Oh Snake Rattle 'N' Roll, i'd forgotten about that, better add it to my wishlist:

Here.

Old 27th June 2005, 08:52 PM
Clanker

Look at this wierd figure

STOP
SWOP
STOP N’ SWOP

POTS
POWS

POTS ‘N POWS
POWS ‘N POTS

I believe the 'N would mean in, since a sylable is missing.
So Pows in pots?

Okay i did some research and found out that the only thing that pow means is Prisoner Of War.

And Pots definitions are here Pot definitions!
The only one i saw interesting was
Quote:
Something, such as a chimney pot or chamber pot, that resembles a round cooking vessel in appearance or function.
It could be loggo, Dingpot, the chimney, one of those magical pots,..........

So there are "Prisoners Of War In Pots!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was reading BlueBreegull's Sig and it read A DESERT DOOR OPENS WIDE ANCIENT SECRETS WAIT INSIDE. So i thought ?
There is only one ancient secret in the desert door, or is there?

I looked into it more and the only other code with that was OUT OF THE SEA IT RISES TO REVEAL MORE SECRET PRIZES.

Last edited by EvilPsycho; 27th June 2005 at 09:50 PM.

Old 27th June 2005, 11:04 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo's Banjo
Warning! Sarcasm induced by late night posting ahead!

There is no secret black or white egg in BK. They're in Yoshi's Story. You have to swap the eggs from YS to BK, then send them to DK64, where you'll eventually have to switch over to Glover and later Star Wars Episode I Pod Racing. From there you platform jump over to the Sega 32x, where you place the eggs in Knuckles Chaotix and find a gigantic error screen, because that system was crap. After that you have to unplug the system (Don't worry, the electrical outlet will store the data for you) and hook up an X-Box with Halo 2 inside. Play a few games of Midship with swords only and then unplug the system as this step did nothing. Set up the N64 again, turn on Banjo Tooie, and thus you'll have completed Stop and Swap. Your reward for doing this will be the ending to the old show "Pirates of Dark Water" along with another egg you'll have no idea what to do with.
I nominate this for quote of the year, it made me laugh my ass off.

Old 28th June 2005, 04:27 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Quote:
T.1
If you kill snacker enough times he will no longer be at TTC and therefore Sharkfood Island will become huge and you can get the egg.
cheatoutoftheseaitrisestorevealmoresecretprizes

seriously though..........

Old 28th June 2005, 05:07 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
cheatoutoftheseaitrisestorevealmoresecretprizes

seriously though..........
I seriously think that the sandcastle code that crossy has pointed out to us is the ONLY true way that RareWare EVER had ways to access Stop n' Swop (it's Swop people! Get it right already! ).

Hey BTW, does anyone remmember that one time when that RareWare employee signed up here? He had a Rare email and everything. He did a post like this:

Do you guys even know how Stop 'N Swop was supposed to work?

<insert picture of Banjo walking up to a blue switch that had the ice key on it>
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 28th June 2005, 04:27 PM
Ph.D

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Got a screenshot? BTW, there are 2 's around the N. That means that there are 2 missing letters. Ooo...shiny.

Old 28th June 2005, 04:48 PM
Glowbo

maybe the letters are an "a" and a "d"? lol maybe it's just Stop AND Swop?

Last edited by supermario; 28th June 2005 at 04:50 PM.

Old 28th June 2005, 05:07 PM
Cr3@v10|\|

What does "Swop" mean???? :/

Old 28th June 2005, 05:11 PM
Glowbo

"Swop" means "Swap"

Old 28th June 2005, 05:11 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
swap. misspelled for whatever reason. We think:
WARNING: THIS IS ONLY A THEROY. DO NOT CONSIDER THIS FACT IN ANY WAY!
You were supposed to go into some special area of BK at one time and then swop BK for BT. Thus getting the secrets in it.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 28th June 2005, 05:13 PM
Cr3@v10|\|

I know the secret areas, but i didn`t know the meaing of this ************************************************** ********************* word swop, thanks.

Edit:
Quote:
You were supposed to go into some special area of BK at one time and then swop BK for BT. Thus getting the secrets in it
It`s a theory only or does it work, i can`t test it, i selled my n64 some years ago.

Last edited by Cr3@v10|\|; 28th June 2005 at 05:16 PM.

Old 28th June 2005, 11:37 PM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
so far...no it does not work. if this does exist, we haven't found it yet.

Old 1st July 2005, 08:54 PM
Clanker

Well i was bored of my xbox, so i decided to play bk and bt for a while look at the things peoples have pointed out.

Well after observing on my horrible tv, it was way too dark, it looked like the was an edge in the blue egg room(gobi's secret door room), but i dunno maybe it was just the tv.

Also in that room I noticed this bizarre thing!
If you stand on top of the sarcaphogas on the left side, you press "up c" and look at the left side and it will disappear.

Something more important i noticed is that while i was on my trip to the ice key, i saw this wierd gaseous thing in the air. I think its the moon or something. Well it changes positions i think because i was on top of the giant snowman and it looked like the moon was on top of mumbo's hut, but when i was somewhere else the moon was above the entrance. It has like wierd stuff over it its black and white, just look above in the sky you will see it.
Well then i went to MMM and i looked at the moon and it looks similar, but it doesn't look gaseous. I don't know what the means but who cares.

And i studied my Bk SNS menu and found out that....
Every other egg spins the same way. Mine goes like this.
-> <- -> <- -> <-

And something else i found out at the SnS menu is that the ice key spins faster every other time. So like if you press start and go to it it spins slow. Then you do it again and it will be fast. You do it again and it'll go slow and so on.

The only thing i found in BT, which i spent like only 5 minutes on, was that I went to the ice key room and i tried to touch the ice key, but i would go right through (you probably knew that though).

Peace.

Old 2nd July 2005, 05:11 AM
Retired

Quote:
In Yoshi Story the colors of the Yoshis match exactly the colors of the SnS eggs, except there are secret black and white yoshis. Therefore there must be a secret black and white egg. Considering that in Banjo Pilot Cheato says (not exact quote) "Stop playing games and read a book" and since Yoshi Story is a book is this what Rare hinted?
No. Just no. Rare has nothing to do with Yoshi story at all. Red/Yellow/Green/Cyan/Blue/Magenta is not an original color scheme.

Quote:
Maybe the colors of the eggs follow the color spectrum.
ROY G BV
And maybe you must grab the eggs in this color order;
Red, Pink, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue
But where does pink go front, or back?
The eggs follow the RGB colors that computers commonly use. They go RYGCBM.

Quote:
SNAKE RATTLE ‘N’ ROLL (NES) - NINTENDO

The N is there. Maybe it BT it has something to do with that snake guy?
Nah, it's just an N. I say N all the time. Like when I say 'banana', I say it twice!

I believe the 'N would mean in, since a sylable is missing.
So Pows in pots?

Okay i did some research and found out that the only thing that pow means is Prisoner Of War.

And Pots definitions are here Pot definitions!
The only one i saw interesting was
Quote:
Something, such as a chimney pot or chamber pot, that resembles a round cooking vessel in appearance or function.

It could be loggo, Dingpot, the chimney, one of those magical pots,..........

So there are "Prisoners Of War In Pots!"
Hmmm...Pows in pots...around the WWII era, pows in nazi concentration camps were burned in stoves when they died. Very sick, I know, but thats how these two relate...well? Ominous, indeed...but you found it.
Quote:
I seriously think that the sandcastle code that crossy has pointed out to us is the ONLY true way that RareWare EVER had ways to access Stop n' Swop (it's Swop people! Get it right already! ).
Don't depend on that. There are sandcastle cheats for doing such a simple task as opening a friggin note door, so there could be actual ways to find SnS. Do I think so? No.

Old 2nd July 2005, 03:49 PM
Bunnycomb

I read on some site that the TTC chest was the same chest as the one in MMM and the one in JRL. There is also a useless sandcastle code that opens the chest, which you must have opened to enter the code. Any ideas?