Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 7th September 2003, 02:38 PM
Jim Bond

The Banjo Consperacy

The plot was perfect, several games, that once completed, could connected and transfered between the two so that they made one giant game. That was the plan behind banjo-kazooi, and banjo-tooie. But where did that plan go? Lost many years ago, or wait, what if gruntys revenge holds a secret or two. What if all these years, rare had been so quite, and actually made a company polocy not to talk about the stop and swap connections, because they were hiding something. The main theroy right now is that rare screqwed up, and dumbed the project, but in all there interviews, they've only admitted its exsistance, and told us to wait a little longer, never told us it was failed or dropped. What if gruntys revenge is the link of stop and swap?

Blackeyes dream of an alternate reality could be grunty's revenge, maybe hes a major charactor. Rare said it themselves, even after banjo-tooie's release in an interview that all 6 eggs were in banjo tooie, but only 4 have been found. Maybe theres a whole part of the game no ones seen yet, that can only be unlocked through banjo-kazooie: grunty's revenge? It would be am,amzing, if a secret level or some other area within a game could be hidden so well for so many years, it seems like rare's trying to do this.

I'm not sure any of this, I'm just pondering. I want to here other people's oppinions.

Old 7th September 2003, 04:29 PM
Bunnycomb

Rare may have meant that all items Mumbo shows you at the end of BK, the offical items, are in BT. They may not have meant the other ones. (Although that makes me think of the yellow one in BT..maybe they needed the yellow one in BT cause it was the base colour egg though? So decided to let you hatch it)

How could GBA interact with an N64?

Old 7th September 2003, 05:12 PM
Jim Bond

I'm ot saying the GBA interacts with the N64, but maybe they use the code idea instead, such as a botton combanation or a really long cheat no one would have guessed. And they did say you could go back to banjoo-kazooie and get the items, and use them in a preview interview for banjo-tooie, almost a year before it was made. They also stated that all 7 secret items were in banjo-tooie in a review after the game was released. Let me look for the links, I'll post them later.

Old 7th September 2003, 05:14 PM
Davros

As far as I know, in no way what so ever.
It's also unlikely that a) Rare would spend money to develop a connection device for use in just one game. and b) that nintendo would do the same for what is effectively a defunct console.

Old 7th September 2003, 06:21 PM
Jim Bond

http://web.archive.org/web/199902040...njo/rmill.html

Thats where they confirmed the eggs being transfered ove, sadly, Its down right now. Its in another forum if you want to talk about it there.

http://www.rarextreme.com/?section=e...qandatime.html

Here's the other link, try both of them, see if they work. I'm pretty sure the bottom one does.

Old 7th September 2003, 11:18 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Possible but unlikely
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 8th September 2003, 02:19 AM
Jinjo

I can think of one possibility. If they made the GR cartridge large enough to fit in the N64 transfer pak. But that wouldn't happen most likely. Even if the cardridge was big enough the technology would be too advance for the 64 and it wouldn't work most likely. But it is a possibility. Better than nothing I suppose, it can be our ray of hope....(Gets and evil stare from Sub.) Ok, maybe not.

Old 8th September 2003, 02:41 AM
Glowbo

"It is Rare's policy not to comment on the matter, but needless to say, there's more to the Stop'n'Swop debacle than meets the eye. All will be revealed when Madame Winkybunion has her revenge...

The suspense!!

Old 8th September 2003, 03:25 PM
Glowbo

Lol, in that case, we should be getting stop n swop any day now.
Seriously, I don't think Rare will ever give any really important details to Stop N Swop, how it works, or what Captain Blackeye has to do with anything. Let's see, how many years have we been waiting for answers from Rare?

Old 8th September 2003, 03:45 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally posted by dosmaen
Lol, in that case, we should be getting stop n swop any day now.
We shall see...

Old 9th September 2003, 01:53 AM
Glowbo

Maybe it's in BKGR. Because they said something about Gruntilda having revenge. On account that's what she trys to do in BKGR.

Old 9th September 2003, 07:59 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Yeah but isaac rare also said we could get all of the eggs in B-T
and THAT hasn't happend yet
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 9th September 2003, 08:08 PM
Glowbo

So maybe, just maybe, I'm saying it'll happen but, they'll make BK and BT on one disk for GCN like Nintendo did for LOZ and have a GBA connection. Like the theory I mentioned.

Old 9th September 2003, 08:57 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac2
So maybe, just maybe, I'm saying it'll happen but, they'll make BK and BT on one disk for GCN like Nintendo did for LOZ and have a GBA connection. Like the theory I mentioned.
*scratches out "GCN" and writes "XBox" in its place*

Old 10th September 2003, 12:28 AM
Clanker

it's about time!!! we've waited at least 5 years!!!

This may be enough prof to show that SNS will be in GR for sure!!! but how will they do it? I have no freakin clue.

all I know is this:

if they pull some stupid dirty trick like they did sooo cheeply in BT, then...just wait....you'll see......
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P