Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th August 2007, 04:54 PM
Dingpot

Bt........

Old 20th August 2007, 05:11 PM
Jinjo

Well, at this point, someone should ask Sub or Ice what they think. They've been around a little, lately, right?

Old 20th August 2007, 06:32 PM
Grunty's Reject

people probably already have. watch carlos be either one or both of them.

Old 21st August 2007, 05:27 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Why would Sub waste his time making a whole new website, just to post up some ridiculously secret pic? This carlos guy must have obviously been a member here before, or could currently still be one.

Old 22nd August 2007, 01:39 PM
Glowbo

This pic is definitively fake. That is my opinion.
And when looking at the "shadow" of the carrot guy, I just get more certain.

Old 22nd August 2007, 03:03 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boracstar
This pic is definitively fake. That is my opinion.
And when looking at the "shadow" of the carrot guy, I just get more certain.
The "carrot guy" is real. The shadow is ether a emulation error, or the object just has a strange shadow tag.

Old 22nd August 2007, 09:17 PM
Grunty's Reject

The shadow on the carrot is an emulation error. Several of the objects you can change into cast wierd shadows like that. I know because that was a screenshot from my game.

Old 23rd August 2007, 07:25 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I guess the verdict stands as the picture being fake. But really, who would completely hide a room you already went to in the first game? Thats crazy! IMO Rare never planned for any more but the lobby to be available. What would be the reason to return to that room anyways?

Old 23rd August 2007, 10:08 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC
I guess the verdict stands as the picture being fake. But really, who would completely hide a room you already went to in the first game? Thats crazy! IMO Rare never planned for any more but the lobby to be available. What would be the reason to return to that room anyways?
Of course it's crazy! Hence the reason it's called Ridiculously Secret Area.

Old 24th August 2007, 01:50 PM
Glowbo

That's ridiculous!

Old 24th August 2007, 05:31 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Ridiculously secret area , is an anagram for Rare could secretly ...us

Old 27th August 2007, 01:34 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Well me may actually be able to play in the RSA on wednesday, so then we may know the truth

whilst we are kind of on the subject: Stop n swop is an anagram of either Towns Pops and Wonts Pops

Last edited by ssj; 27th August 2007 at 01:41 AM.

Old 27th August 2007, 05:57 AM
Brash Breegull

I've looked over this entire thread, and figured I might as well pitch in my thoughts ...

The lack of a shadow under the bridge seems to be a recurring objection that the image is fake. My thought on this is: If the image is a PhotoShopped B-K image, wouldn't the bridge's shadow be present, since it is there in B-K? Why edit that out?
Another thing I notice is the significantly muddier texture around the base of the Grunty pedestal. It looks almost like that plant stuff found growing in the swampier rooms of the lair, such as over near the BGS pipe in the room with the huge Grunty statue with the Jiggy behind the grille. It also radiates much farther out than the stuff in B-K did ...

Ultimately, I am undecided as to whether this is the real deal or just another hoax. While I lean towards real simply due to how brilliant someone would have to be with PhotoShop, there are enough valid arguments for the 'fake' side to keep me uncertain, such as the blatant lack of information and such.

While I doubt this will help much if at all, I'd like to throw out something that lies deep in my mind as a faded but somehow still-there memory ...

Years ago, long before B-T's release (probably in 1999, I had a subscription to Game Informer magazine around then), I read an article someplace (guessing Game Informer, as I said) about the game. Something in it suggested that the worlds from B-K were re-visitable in B-T, possibly even outright stated it; it was so long ago that I have no solid memory of what it said. I heard nothing more about the game until last year when I picked up B-K after a 4 year or so hiatus and rekindled my interest in the franchise and decided to pick up B-T. When I got it, I read over the back of the box and wondered which of the images were of the old worlds revamped for B-T (this goes to show that even subconsciously I remembered having read that the original worlds were re-visitable in B-T). I also recall once going to a Target store and briefly watching someone play B-T in the store, but it was different ... the person was playing as Kazooie solo in Spiral Mountain, flying around the entrance to the lair (none of the rest of the level was visible somehow, all that was there was the giant head, Kazooie, and an orange sky). this would to me suggest that Spiral Mountain (and likely the lair itself) had a bit of a different design in those early in-store demo days ...

What I'm trying to say is: perhaps this image is a beta screen that got picked up someplace, and someone decided they wanted to take the credit for it? It'd make sense, seeing as I distinctly recall the piece of information stating that the worlds could be revisited ... if I could find the magazine article I swear I'd scan and upload it, but I'm almost certain those magazines are years gone as I've remodeled and rearranged so many times since then and thrown out most of that old stuff ... I can mine my magazine collection for something though.
-------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj
Well me may actually be able to play in the RSA on wednesday, so then we may know the truth
Elaborate plz?

P_L for Registered User

Old 27th August 2007, 06:15 AM
Brash Breegull

Wow PL. Nice memory. Well, I really like your theory about a beta pic. I am just amazed that no one has found this beta pic before this. (wasn't there a few threads about beta stuff just last month?) I do remember something about revisiting levels the old levels too. I think it was in a game informer or Nintendo power magazine. I would look through my mag collection but my collection's (what remains of it) earliest issue is from 2001. I remember the day I bought BT and going straight for the lair to revisit the old levels and to get the Ice Key. I was rather baffled to see the rocks blocking the paths back to BK.

Has anyone tried to contact carlos? Does he have a email address on his site? If he does we should ask him what codes he used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatman3388
I took a closer look at it... Looks nothing like a torch or a broomstick end/handle to me.

I still vote for the carrot!
DUDE ITS A TORCH look FIRE since when do carrots burn like torches?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...s/asdfasdf.jpg

Last edited by ElectricKaz; 27th August 2007 at 06:23 AM.

Old 27th August 2007, 12:44 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricKaz
since when do carrots burn like torches?
Since I lit it with a match.