Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th August 2007, 05:31 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I'm going to say this is fake. Why? Because, aside from a controversial picture, there's no evidence to suggest that it's real. I know a lot of you guys have brought some of these points up previously, but to track down who said what would add even more time to the hour and a half I've spent typing this post. Consider your names attached to your points. Anyway:

1) Did he post any codes to allow us to access RSA? No.

2) Did he post a savestate that would allow us to access RSA? No. Surely he would have made a savestate so that he could access it again at a later date, or to dispell any doubts of its existence.

3) Accessing this room may require extensive ROM hacking. Did he post a patch allowing us to modify our own BT ROMs in order to access this area, or instructions for modification? No. (The fact that IPS patches can only handle files up to 16MB is moot: he could use NINJA.)

4) "Until next time fans, I'll be hacking this thing out until I find something new." Uhh...didn't he start his numbered list with "A few things I'd like to point out that I've noticed while I hacked this baby out:"? Is he going to re-hack RSA?

5) He only refers to RSA as "Ridiculously Secret Area." He never uses the phrase "Ridiculously Secret Area 1," which is the name listed in the Silo text.

Now, for the picture:

1) If you get the camera angle just right, you can levitate Banjo so that when he's between Grunty's right eye and the camera, you get the angle shown in the RSA pic. The boulder in the center of the picture is positioned so that, if he were present (i.e. repeater jump wasn't used for a high-altitude first-person shot), he would conveniently not appear in the shot.

2) The texture replacing the center plate's stairs looks suspiciously like the clouds seen in BK's intro.

3) The wall texture underneath the TTC picture (which happens to be precisely where the caption would appear) is inconsistent with the wall texture surrounding it.

4) Grunty's pupils are a yellow/gold-ish color, not green. When masked by the spotlight, the sand is a similar color. The TTC picture platforms are the same color. The Jiggy platform is a similar color with highlights. Notice how all of these have changed to greens with similar differences?

5) Why does the Jiggy platform appear to be at a different angle? Because the Jiggy platform is so soft-focused, it's not even funny. It looks like it's at a different angle because the protruding side appears to melt into the base (facing the camera).

I find it hard to take a soft-focused-to-heck screencap seriously when it comes to proof of RSA's existence. Mr. Ronaldson, if you're reading this, I invite you to post additional proof supporting your claim of the existence of Ridiculously Secret Area 1 in this topic. If that doesn't float your boat, then I implore you to post additional proof on your website.

You may take offense at our doubts, but when it comes to previously-undiscovered content, it's "guilty until proven innocent."

Old 10th August 2007, 05:46 AM
Jinjo

Well, to be fair, there's more than that, and it's on both sides, too.

For realz:
*The bridge up to the next level has a hole through it.
*The TTC picture is actually ripped-looking.
*There aren't stairs around the Grunty emblem.
*The textures and polygons of the boulder match the rest of the picture.
*The light is a darker green color than the original.

Either way, but worth noting:
*The bridge has no shadow
*The textures seem less detailed than Banjo Tooie's. It could be because the room may have been scrapped if leftovers in the game.
*He mentions a previously unknown NPC.
*His site has been up for a month.

Additional reasons why it could be fake:
*The picture itself. If mysterious Carlos Rondaldson took this picture as proof of his discovery, why not offer a higher quality picture
*The lack method used at all.
*He says his heroes are Ice and Sub. Idols, actually. Why wouldn't he post this on their forums immediately.
*He seems to act like he doesn't know what RSA, besides something from a text dump, in his first post. Why is this the thing he chooses to look for?

Now, we must also consider that there are a number of warp digits in BT that show black screens that haven't really been unlocked. IMO, there could be leftover rooms that may be accessible. However, whenever a great discovery that's real has actually happened, we seem to achieve several details about it when it is announced, IIRC. Regardless, the picture looks good. Whether or not this guy's picture and finding is legit, to do it, he had to have some talent and patience.

Old 10th August 2007, 06:13 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Either way this will probably come to a "just leave it at that" conclusion.

Old 10th August 2007, 06:39 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
I think MR. Ronaldson owes us an explanation.

well analysed ice guy, i was saying the same thing about the eyes,

Old 10th August 2007, 05:31 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
It's definitely not real. BanjoArt is an old member (he's ban dodging) that used to post bogus things like these all the time, mostly made by himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he made them himself.

Seriously, I don't have anything against you, it's just why do you feel the need to post bulls*** like this? Does it make you happy or something? Come one, SnS is gone, stop obsessing. There are better things in life than to bother the RWP (and SM) community with it. You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 10th August 2007, 05:44 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreaper41392
You aren't fooling anyone.
It would seem he is. I'm now in the undecided catergory.

Old 10th August 2007, 08:10 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firealpha712
It would seem he is. I'm now in the undecided catergory.
Well if you knew who he was before he ban-dodged, you wouldn't trust him, nay, not even believe anything he says in relation to SnS.

Of course the newer, sometimes more gullible members would though...

Old 10th August 2007, 08:14 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
this is a bit of topic but where the heck is area???????????
BT

81127640 00F1

Old 10th August 2007, 08:16 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
I can tell what it is, it's the main room with the TTC jigsaw, I can make it out.

Old 10th August 2007, 08:17 PM
Brash Breegull

i meant the code

Old 10th August 2007, 08:19 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Oh...

It's just photoshopped to make it look dark, no code at all, probably why you can't find it.

Old 10th August 2007, 08:20 PM
Dingpot

alien ship level, its in JRL

Old 10th August 2007, 09:14 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Guy
I'm going to say this is fake. Why? Because, aside from a controversial picture, there's no evidence to suggest that it's real. I know a lot of you guys have brought some of these points up previously, but to track down who said what would add even more time to the hour and a half I've spent typing this post. Consider your names attached to your points. Anyway:

1) Did he post any codes to allow us to access RSA? No.

2) Did he post a savestate that would allow us to access RSA? No. Surely he would have made a savestate so that he could access it again at a later date, or to dispell any doubts of its existence.

3) Accessing this room may require extensive ROM hacking. Did he post a patch allowing us to modify our own BT ROMs in order to access this area, or instructions for modification? No. (The fact that IPS patches can only handle files up to 16MB is moot: he could use NINJA.)

4) "Until next time fans, I'll be hacking this thing out until I find something new." Uhh...didn't he start his numbered list with "A few things I'd like to point out that I've noticed while I hacked this baby out:"? Is he going to re-hack RSA?

5) He only refers to RSA as "Ridiculously Secret Area." He never uses the phrase "Ridiculously Secret Area 1," which is the name listed in the Silo text.

Now, for the picture:

1) If you get the camera angle just right, you can levitate Banjo so that when he's between Grunty's right eye and the camera, you get the angle shown in the RSA pic. The boulder in the center of the picture is positioned so that, if he were present (i.e. repeater jump wasn't used for a high-altitude first-person shot), he would conveniently not appear in the shot.

2) The texture replacing the center plate's stairs looks suspiciously like the clouds seen in BK's intro.

3) The wall texture underneath the TTC picture (which happens to be precisely where the caption would appear) is inconsistent with the wall texture surrounding it.

4) Grunty's pupils are a yellow/gold-ish color, not green. When masked by the spotlight, the sand is a similar color. The TTC picture platforms are the same color. The Jiggy platform is a similar color with highlights. Notice how all of these have changed to greens with similar differences?

5) Why does the Jiggy platform appear to be at a different angle? Because the Jiggy platform is so soft-focused, it's not even funny. It looks like it's at a different angle because the protruding side appears to melt into the base (facing the camera).

I find it hard to take a soft-focused-to-heck screencap seriously when it comes to proof of RSA's existence. Mr. Ronaldson, if you're reading this, I invite you to post additional proof supporting your claim of the existence of Ridiculously Secret Area 1 in this topic. If that doesn't float your boat, then I implore you to post additional proof on your website.

You may take offense at our doubts, but when it comes to previously-undiscovered content, it's "guilty until proven innocent."
OMG, thank you! This is what I've been trying to prove all along. No evidence people! No codes, no go! BanjoArt doesn't give the URL where he obtained this pic from. Look at his name, it tells the whole story.

Admit it BanjoArt this is fake, and your the artist! Thank you.

[Edit]
Now if you want the real warp code for RSA1, this I firmly believe was it at one point.

80127642 0001 (Trigger for Instant Warp)
81127640 4ee1 (Scene Digits)
80127643 0000 (Level Placement)

4ee1 is the scene digit. How do I know, because one of the blank silo's tries to access this freeze digit.

Last edited by runehero123; 10th August 2007 at 10:08 PM.

Old 10th August 2007, 10:25 PM
Grunty's Reject

I only found the site it was on guys, chill.
If you want to blam anyone it should be this mister "Carlos Roaldson".
Don't shoot the messenger...

Lat time I debate the authenticity of anything with you guys...

Old 10th August 2007, 10:29 PM
Brash Breegull

why is the 4ee1 freeze digit so far out from the others?