Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 15th May 2005, 07:40 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Arrow time flies, dosn't it

Hi guys, hows things comming along with the editors?
Its been ages since I last poasted because i'v had/having exams on at the moment. While studying I had no time to check the thread out(doesn't look like I missed much ). I'm having trobble geting Visual Basic to do wat I want it to do, but there'll be away round it somewhere.

There is one thing I noticed, after re-reading the thread there seems to be only 2 people talking, Subdrag and Trev... does nobody ells care about GoldenEye.

Oh well, I hope things stay on track and editors will be comming out...soon
Trev

Old 15th May 2005, 10:45 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
There's still work being done it, but I've gotten busy. Expect some cool stuff though rather soon.

Old 17th May 2005, 09:53 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor
There is one thing I noticed, after re-reading the thread there seems to be only 2 people talking, Subdrag and Trev... does nobody ells care about GoldenEye.
Nope. The rest of us are too busy playing the (sic) masterpiece that is GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

Good luck, to those on the editing front.

Old 30th June 2005, 04:45 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Smile been some time

I see we have some great interest in GoldenEye again. Dose this mean that there will be an editor sooner than once thought, if so great I just can't wait. There was just one thing I noticed when reading the other thread, I'll have to use an external modeler. I can never seem to get a good working free modeler off the internet. Could you send a good GoldenEye modeler when the editor is released thankyou.

MrHTFord, wheear haavve you been all this time, its good to see someone who can do this sort of stuff (i'm also a bit jeloeus ).

About that sound thing, I still havn't found any documentation or open sources on editing or stripping sound from GoldenEye. But it sounds like you will do it yourselves anyway.

I also still can't help with any DX or programing because I have as much knolage of programming as I did befor. The booklett I got from computing taught me didilysquat , however I can make an image move up a screen in Visual Basic. :o

Still waiting on my exam results to come in August. I am now doing Higher (harder, long nights of homework, less time on computer)

trev

Old 4th July 2005, 04:22 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Lightbulb Glich

Hello... anybody there...

Has anyone ever noticed this glich before. It seems Bond is left to die on the cradle by Natalia when running in slow motion.

There is also another glich, Look at the "sky", it's black and it dosn't refresh. Can anyone help with that?

Trev
Attached Images
File Type: bmp glichslowmo16.bmp (73.8 KB, 150 views)
File Type: bmp glichslowmo256.bmp (77.3 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by trevor; 15th July 2005 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Can't get screenshot.bmp to upload!!!!

Old 13th July 2005, 02:13 PM
Jinjo

slow-mo is funny like that.

The sky is there on console. That's an emu-only problem, and a known one if you're playing on PJ64. You'll just have to harrass them for a snazzier plugin.

Old 13th July 2005, 04:53 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
I know the sky is there on the N64. The sky is missing on all the levels in GoldenEye in 1964 using the only working plugin for the computer glN64. is there something where the sky is presant. also did you notice the body is red asif he has been shot all over. What causes that.

Trev

p.s. thanks for the reply, people have been veiwing the bmp but not replying so I thought the thread was dead.(I hope it never dies, being 1 of only 2 threads about GoldenEye )

Old 15th July 2005, 11:19 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Composition of ROM

Just a questuion for anyone knolagable about ROM's.
You know the ROM, is it like a zip file with lots of compressed files in it?
I thought I'd ask because I noticed MrHTFord was talking about extracting .bg files. I had ROM's being a bit like an exacutible where there are no internal files.

Trev

P.S. Now that I think about it I'm leaming towards the Zip thing but I still need it settled in my head if it is or not.

Old 15th July 2005, 11:29 AM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
I would just like to add a bit to that question as well.

If it is like a zip file, is it possible (theoretically) to extract it so that you have the C++ source files in a folder along with all the midi files and everything else rareware had before they compiled it?

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 15th July 2005, 01:33 PM
Jinjo

uhm. no, it really isn't like that at all.
Firstly, not everything in GE is compressed. Heck, the background data isn't, although the actual stage model code is.
Secondly, the code has already been compiled. Heck, it would be a major feat to determine what they wrote it in originally. Besides, they left a lot of crap in that doesn't do a bloody thing.

When you first load a game, it loads a block of data with all the basic stuff like the exception handlers and display crap. It also has the main block of executable code that will load other files in as it needs them. The files don't really have to be compressed, but games that do that also need code to uncompress them.

Old 16th July 2005, 09:29 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Just to let you know. I got this idea from the 2 posts above.
I went onto the rare scribes and sent a message saying, GoldenEye was the best game. I then went on and asked them what they used to make the game. Also in looking for leeds I asked about the sound.
It might just work but if it dosen't then I've lost nothing.

trev

p.s Subdrag I hope you don't have my posts hidden :o I'm just asking because you havn't posted to update...

Last edited by trevor; 26th July 2005 at 10:04 PM.

Old 26th July 2005, 04:26 PM
Glowbo

out of curiosity, has there been any progress on the editing tool?
hey SubDrag, remember awhile back when i was asking via email about smething like this, and you basically said it wouldnt be possible? i think its kick ass that it soon will be

Old 5th August 2005, 03:40 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
We want an update,We want an update,
Come on tell us whats hapaning. The last time you posted was back in May.
Has something so teriffic happened you want to keep it a secret or has something terrible happened that you don't want to tell us.
Stop keeping us in suspence...

Trev

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a thought. I'm not creating a whole new thread for this Q but does anyone know how to have a multiplayer on GoldenEye using 1964 over internet. if you do tell me how then I'll give you a game.

Trev

Last edited by trevor; 5th August 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Old 5th August 2005, 11:34 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Well, we've gotten stuck on paths and I have a much more important priority. Setup editor maybe will get done, eventually, it's almost done really.

Old 6th August 2005, 04:05 AM
Glowbo

k, thx for the info

Tags
007, editor, goldeneye, levels, replace

User Tag List