Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd May 2008, 07:27 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Do you guys remember this?

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...icial%26sa%3DN

its obviously another fake solution. They just edited the text and use the gameshark code that makes things go sideways when pressing up on the d-pad

its funny though

Last edited by ssj; 22nd May 2008 at 07:31 PM.

Old 22nd May 2008, 07:29 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
I stopped reading at tapeworm.

Old 22nd May 2008, 07:51 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 5
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I can read spanish. That tapeworm part was actually tenias, which is "you had to".

It's not too butchered, but if you really want, I could translate it better for you.

Old 22nd May 2008, 08:25 PM
Brash Breegull

sure that would be a big help

much appriciated

Old 22nd May 2008, 08:54 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
yeah, i'd be interested to see that too.

Old 22nd May 2008, 10:16 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 5
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Ok, then.

"On August 19, 2004 the website ClubJoe interviewed an ex-member of Rareware, who is now part of the Codemaster team, and talked about what purpose the eggs served and how the famous Stop-N-Swop idea was formed.

The ex-Rareware employee more or less explained how the process of Stop-N-Swop worked. Well, first someone had to have both the games Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, and it's assumed that in Banjo-Tooie you had to do some missions and that the Pirate Blackeye would give you some codes which you would need to enter in the sandcastle in Banjo-Kazooie and by doing that you would be able to receive the ice key and four eggs.

And, once you got the items, you had to go to Grunty's Furnace Fun and enter the cauldron that is there and you would appear in the higher levels of Grunty's Lair and if you pressed Pause, you would no longer have the Ice Key. After that you go to the beauty room, where Gruntilda wanted to put Tooty into the machine to transform her and take her beauty to use on herself.

And they (the players) would find the door open, so that you would be able to enter and replace the Banjo-Kazooie game with the Banjo-Tooie cart, hence the name "Stop and Swop". Once this is completed, in Banjo-Tooie you would have said eggs, I suppose you would take them to Heggy, and inside those eggs there are some Mega-Glowbows, which you would take to Humba Wumba to have her do special transformations, like making Kazooie into a dragon, or turning Banjo into a polar bear.

As a result, the main purpose of Stop N' Swop was to receive these special transformations, although it was also mentioned in the interview why it did not work out in this way.

Rare began to develop Banjo-Kazooie for the N64 which at the time had not come out yet, and in the beginning in the hardware there was the possibility of storing data inside the N64 internal memory, and that data would be able to placed in another game. In essence, when you entered the door that opened in Grunty's lair the data was stored inside the internal memory, and when the Banjo-Tooie cart was placed in the N64, it would load the data, but when a new version of the N64 came out, it was no longer able to hold the internal memory. It was impossible to do it, The employee said that it took a lot of work and it was depressing that so much work was going to waste, so they were forced to make a few changes to Banjo-Tooie for that reason, and what they did in Banjo-Kazooie was place 6 eggs as protection against hackers and if someone collected all 6 eggs, it would be impossible to Stop N' Swop.

The rest of the interview talks about Rare, but not about Banjo-Kazooie. If you want to know how to get the eggs in Banjo-Kazooie here are the codes (No codes here)."

Don't get too excited, it's pretty much just a summary of the ClubJoe interview.

Enjoy!

Oh, and guys, don't mock me for the wording. I made it as "American" as possible, but when translating from Spanish to English, some sentences sound a bit stiff.

Last edited by KryptoniteJinjo; 22nd May 2008 at 10:21 PM.

Old 22nd May 2008, 10:25 PM
Brash Breegull

thanks for translating!!!

Old 22nd May 2008, 11:04 PM
Glowbo

Guess we wont never know...

Old 23rd May 2008, 08:29 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Yes this was fake interview but in August 2004 i believed in this

Old 23rd May 2008, 11:39 AM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Microsoft paint is the future of website design...

Old 23rd May 2008, 12:24 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjo View Post
Microsoft paint is the future of website design...
I lol'd at that

Don't be daft,wrap your shaft!

Old 23rd May 2008, 01:44 PM
Brash Breegull

I believe that there was a polar bear banjo transformation in bt.

But it had nothing to do with sns

Old 23rd May 2008, 01:48 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Quote:
Already a banjo Tooi have ibas these eggs, I suppose that wearing the chicken and eggs inside there are some Mega-Globow which led them to Humber-Wumba to make changes as a special dragon in turn Kazooie (if this can be achieved) or convert to Banjo in a Polar Bear
sigh..

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 5th June 2008, 06:40 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Lmao everyone is crazy

Old 10th June 2008, 04:18 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
despite the fact that this interview is said to be fake I think it's the least bit plausable. Polar Bear Banjo sounds like something Rare might do (why let kazooie have all the fun?). Thing is... what would be the differences?
Also thanks for translating KryptoniteJinjo. Makes things much easier than trying to figure out Googles translator.. It makes reading your own language more complicated than reading the one you don't know