Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd April 2004, 02:37 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
How long was it before Rare released the OO7 push button codes? 4 years! SNS is bigger and better than those codes, so it would make sense to wait much longer!

Old 23rd April 2004, 02:47 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Rare only released the 007 Button codes after Dr Ian hacked them out. They more than likely would not have released them otherwise. I'm not sure why they didn't do the same for The RWP's hacked out sandcastle codes......or accept their release or existence to public...

Old 23rd April 2004, 03:54 AM
Glowbo

Maybe because the 007 codes had utility in the game, and Rare admitted that these codes work. This is not the case from the SnS codes, Rare only put them in the game for something, but they cancelled, and they don't want to admit that the eggs and ice key are usseles, maybe they had an utility but not yet.

Old 23rd April 2004, 04:30 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Useless? If they were useless, they wouldn't have showed them in the 100% completion ending sequence in B-K! I'm telling ya, I really think SNS is still there! There are still 3 mysterious eggs that we have no idea what they do! And you can't say it's because they didn't show them in the pictures at the end. Why? Because the yellow egg is in B-T! Haven't you guys ever wondered about Jiggywiggy's Super Special Challenge? Surely there's more to it than just trying to set a high score for yourself! Perhaps it has to be beaten in a certain amount of time. Maybe Jiggywiggy will perform one last action and blast open those doors by Grunty's Industries. I've beaten it in 63 seconds. And I KNOW it can be done faster! Just have to make fewer mistakes!

Old 23rd April 2004, 04:51 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
I believe people (maybe us at RWP as well) have set timer to 0 seconds and beaten it, and it's nothing different.

Old 23rd April 2004, 04:51 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
Useless? If they were useless, they wouldn't have showed them in the 100% completion ending sequence in B-K!
But those items were apparently the ones you get in BT. According to Rare. And that's just it -- Rare covered all their bases. They don't have to tell us squat, and it's likely going to stay that way

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:03 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
But why give up? Rare has never once said that SNS was dropped. Now there was one time when Rare said that SNS is in fact still in the games, but that EVERYTHING had to first be obtained in B-T. Perhaps there is an item or something very secretly hidden away in B-T. Afterall, the game is terribly huge!

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:12 AM
Runaway from the Past

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Useless? If they were useless, they wouldn't have showed them in the 100% completion ending sequence in B-K! I'm telling ya, I really think SNS is still there! There are still 3 mysterious eggs that we have no idea what they do! And you can't say it's because they didn't show them in the pictures at the end. Why? Because the yellow egg is in B-T! Haven't you guys ever wondered about Jiggywiggy's Super Special Challenge? Surely there's more to it than just trying to set a high score for yourself! Perhaps it has to be beaten in a certain amount of time. Maybe Jiggywiggy will perform one last action and blast open those doors by Grunty's Industries. I've beaten it in 63 seconds. And I KNOW it can be done faster! Just have to make fewer mistakes!
They may not have been useless in a beta version of the game, but, from what we've seen, they're useless in the final version. Maybe they were cheats for the testers? If I were one of the programmers, I wouldn't bother removing them, because removing them might require a good bit of time and possibly screw up the game's code. Rare probably never intended showing us those other eggs, either, but when BT came out, they probably decided "Hey, let's throw the yellow egg in here, because everyone in the community knows about it." Bzzt. Wrong.

Speaking of eggs, hacking has shown us that it's unlikely for anything to happen with the BK eggs in BT. The "base" egg image that was used in BK for the eggs (quick color change when you want a new egg) is present in the NTSC version of BT...but not the PAL version, which is usually somewhat "cleaned up."

Also, what's the time limit on the Super Special Challenge? 90 seconds? If so, then I've beaten it in about 54 or so (in my BT prime), and nothing special happened.

A lot of people think SNS is "still there," but as the years go by, the idea is looking much, much sicker.

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:17 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Sicker to some! But still, what about the Bottles' Revenge thing? At one point it was playable, but Rare just suddenly removes it from the game after having shown it at E3? Why would they do that? The games are just utterly mysterious and keep me going! I've found some things that you guys probably haven't found! And it's not from hacking either! I will have a Stop N Swop Station at my site in the B-K section. You'll be able to see my findings there.

Old 23rd April 2004, 10:11 PM
Runaway from the Past

INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Sicker to some! But still, what about the Bottles' Revenge thing? At one point it was playable, but Rare just suddenly removes it from the game after having shown it at E3? Why would they do that? The games are just utterly mysterious and keep me going! I've found some things that you guys probably haven't found! And it's not from hacking either!
Sicker to anyone who wants to, reasonably, realize that, after 6 years, if they haven't given us the answer, they're probably not going to say anything. Keep in mind that it was likely that we were never meant to see the words "Stop 'N' Swop" in the first place.

As for BR, it might still be in the game. But scroll up and read my "programmer's point of view" bit in my previous post. That could apply to BR, and Rare just forgot/didn't have time to remove DB's icon from the icon list.

It could very well have been removed for one simple reason: framerate. Two-player BT would be cool, but the framerate would be ludicrously awful in the bigger levels. If the BT Cp Rare Witch Video ever goes back online, download it and you'll see what I mean. (I'd upload it to another server and link it here, but I'm not sure how big that would go over.) Being perfectionists, Rare wouldn't sit still with that.

In nearly three years, I've seen a lot of people say they've "found stuff"...

Old 23rd April 2004, 11:15 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Well, I've said this before (maybe not here) but I think that Rare is doing remakes of
B-K and B-T. But this time we would all know that SNS works and Bottles Revenge would in fact be implemented and we would know about it! And the biggest hint we have of that is the Xbox cases that appeared in Grabbed by the Ghoulies!

Old 24th April 2004, 03:04 AM
Glowbo

Its only a joke to anger us, I think, or maybe is a hint for something, but ¡¡6 years!! its a lot of time, and the N64 is out. Maybe Rare is going to do remakes with some conection, but is not the same.

Old 24th April 2004, 03:11 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Oh no, it certainly won't be the same. But that means Rare has also had 6 years to come up with something even bigger and better! They would be sure and reward us for such a long wait!!

Old 24th April 2004, 09:18 AM
Fyrewulff

The reason the Ice Key text was in DK64 is because they re-used the BK engine for DK.

You can also pull up things from Goldeneye in Perfect Dark because they re-used the engine.

Old 24th April 2004, 03:25 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
The reason the Ice Key text was in DK64 is because they re-used the BK engine for DK.
Maybe it's true, probably Rare never thought about a conecction with DK64.