Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 1st September 2015, 09:46 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I think I like Super Mario Bros. 3 more, mainly for nostalgic reasons. It's real close though.

Also, mainly playing Madden and some Destiny to prepare for the expansion in a couple weeks. I might pick up MGS, still on the fence.

Old 1st September 2015, 09:48 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Did you see it, Zach? Deadly Premonition... In the coffee!

Old 2nd September 2015, 03:25 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

In the chill of night, as I drove down the roads dotting the quaint country town of Greenvale, heading back to my hotel for a good night's sleep in a police car painted over with chibi illustrations of the deputy chief and my attempted killer, my friend York decided to strike up a conversation about Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Breakfast Club, and Kevin Bacon's acting career.

Old 2nd September 2015, 03:39 AM
Brian Brian is offline he / him
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
Started Super Mario World today out of Mario Maker hype. If I gave it a decent couple of hours of playtime in one sitting I'd probably have it beaten tomorrow. As it stands, I'm halfway through Vanilla Dome. Great game.
I started playing it on my DS just today and I'm in the same area. Just opened the star path and got the different colored Yoshi's unlocked

Also been playing Disgaea still. Played for 5 hours today. Grinding.

Old 2nd September 2015, 06:28 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Did you see it, Zach? Deadly Premonition... In the coffee!
fk you

Old 4th September 2015, 08:09 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Deadly Premonition is the first time I have ever heard of a modern PC port that loads the entire game world into RAM every time you exit a building, and then does not delete that previous copy of the game world when you enter the new one

Old 4th September 2015, 09:09 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nills View Post
I still have 0 idea how to do friend code stuff though. Like. Where do u even go.
Provided you've gotten the friend codes on the 3ds already, you can hop on a train in the train station, or wait until you unlock the Tapir's shop where you can enter someone's worlds through dream without them being actually around.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 5th September 2015, 03:24 AM

Beat SMW. Right now I'm in the middle of world 4 of SMB3.I plan to play NSMBU. I wonder if I won't be sick if 2D Mario by the time Mario Maker is out

Old 5th September 2015, 03:40 AM
Brian Brian is offline he / him
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Beat SMW. Right now I'm in the middle of world 4 of SMB3.I plan to play NSMBU. I wonder if I won't be sick if 2D Mario by the time Mario Maker is out
Have you ever played NSMB2? Because there is so much stuff hidden in that game with secret passages and stuff. It is insane. I'm not sure how much of that is in NSMBU but if it's like the previous ones, you're in for a decent experience.

Old 5th September 2015, 03:50 AM

I haven't played NSMB2, no. With all the reused assets and music and everything, I couldn't bring myself to buy it. But I'm on a Mario craze right now so who knows what could happen. And I've already played NSMBU. This'll be my second time since getting a Wii U. It's actually really good.

Old 5th September 2015, 06:53 AM
Rare Witch Hero

I feel NSMB2 was one of the biggest wastes of money, right next to paying 40 bucks for Super Monkey Ball 3DS when it came out.

NSMB2 is really just a poor man's NSMBWii (which of itself is just a polished up NSMB)
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 8th September 2015, 08:28 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I finished Metal Gear Rising. It was shorter than I hoped but I liked it a lot! That last fight was really good.

Old 9th September 2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
I feel NSMB2 was one of the biggest wastes of money, right next to paying 40 bucks for Super Monkey Ball 3DS when it came out.

NSMB2 is really just a poor man's NSMBWii (which of itself is just a polished up NSMB)
Speaking of which, I beat Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario Bros. pretty recently in anticipation for Mario Maker. I decided I was going to play just one New title, and it had to be NSMBU. The series gets its fair share of flak, but NSMBU is a blast, and it looks great in HD. Nintendo has level design down to a science, which makes me hope that they release developer-designed level packs for Mario Maker.

On another note, I'm playing Mega Man X for the first time. The only other Mega Man game I played before it was the original on the NES Virtual Console. It was hard. Never beat it but got close. Mega Man X is hard too. Balls hard. Dunno if I'd have the patience to do it without save states. The levels themselves aren't too bad, but the bosses take me at least 1 or 2 tries just to discern their pattern and weakness (if I have that weapon). Also, Mega Man himself sucks at jumping and shooting.

And finally I'm also playing Earthbound Beginnings, aka Mother. At it for two hours and it really is a low-fi version of Earthbound. It's still an impressive piece of work for the NES though. Varied battle soundtrack, plenty of NPCs, and it's definitely full of that Mother charm. It's pretty light on story so far, which is to be expected. In many ways it doesn't differentiate too much from EB. Strange things are happening because of the presence of Giygas. Inanimate objects come to life and attack, townspeople go crazy, animals become feral, the dead walk. It's all fun stuff. Still, since it's an NES RPG it's full of random encounters and is fairly grind-heavy. The difficulty isn't too bad though. And it's got a great soundtrack, cuz it's Mother.

so yeah, video games.

Old 9th September 2015, 01:27 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Speaking of which, I beat Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario Bros. pretty recently in anticipation for Mario Maker. I decided I was going to play just one New title, and it had to be NSMBU. The series gets its fair share of flak, but NSMBU is a blast, and it looks great in HD. Nintendo has level design down to a science, which makes me hope that they release developer-designed level packs for Mario Maker.
Do consider that you didn't have to struggle through THREE identically looking-, feeling- and playing games before you got to NSMBU

I'm sure if NSMBU was the only NSMB I ever played, I would love it so much, but instead it feels to me like the expansion to the expansion to the expansion of New Super Mario Bros DS
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 9th September 2015, 03:03 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
New Super Mario Bros. is probably my favorite Mario Side Scroller. I can't even hate New Super Mario Bros. Wii that much. Sure it was insanely easy due to it being designed for 4 player co-op, but it's still good. Haven't played the other two, but I hope to at some point.

Currently playing I am Bread and Phantom Pain. I've beat the former, but there are still plenty of other modes to try out. It's actually a really good game. As for Phantom Pain I'm really not liking the story so far and Big Boss has zero personality, but the game itself is really fun to play and it has that Skyrim quality of doing just one more mission turning into you seeing the sun come up the next morning.

User Tag List