Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th November 2015, 12:11 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Don't get me wrong, I loved the region because of those long stretches. It's just that the levels of trainer Pokemon didn't scale frequently enough. Johto has the opposite problem - I always end up under-leveled around the Elite 4 because for some reason every trainer and gym leader has bizarrely low-level Pokemon and the region is super small to begin with. In that regard, I feel like Hoenn had the best balance.

Old 8th November 2015, 04:18 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
trails in the sky second chapter is a good game with a story filled with sadness, melancholy and a goofy bard who flirts with everyone, even the gruff dude, and also there's a cute little girl with a big magic science cannon and a crazy science grandpa and everyone goes on a cool, fun adventure together and it's really chill

in short, it's just like the first game/half of the story, but your dad's in it

Last edited by The Colonel; 8th November 2015 at 04:22 AM.

Old 9th November 2015, 06:28 PM

The Binding of Isaac is balls hard. I have a losing streak of -19. Dunno when/if I'll ever beat it but for some reason I can't stop trying. It's as punishing as Dark Souls but I'm not sick of it. Yet. Maybe because it's so fun and surprising. Or maybe because I just love the horrifying yet cute aesthetic. If the subject matter had an even slightly more realistic bent, I doubt you would see it on any platform. I mean, you're a naked boy who's terrified and depressed and in a state of constant agony, on the run from his abusive mother. Your enemies are blood, shit, piss, flies, and gross mounds of flesh. And you lose way, way more often than you win (unless you are ridiculously lucky/good).

Old 10th November 2015, 01:48 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Losing streak of 19? I was 400+ when I first beat Spelunky, and that's considered above average for a first win. What I'm saying is, losing is fun, keep going.

Old 10th November 2015, 02:32 AM

Well, I beat Mom, saw the credits and Epilogue. But I've barely scratched the surface. Great game.

Old 10th November 2015, 08:30 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Hope ArcSys puts Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- on the PC, I'd love to play it now.
hello arcsys just want to make it clear that this offer is still open and in fact i will play it even harder now that you have added my new anime girlfriend jack-o' into the game. ty

Old 10th November 2015, 01:50 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Still Destiny, little bit of Triforce Heroes. Didn't get Yoshi in the end due to an overly long work weekend. And since I only wanted to get it to play with my cousin, I don't feel the need to get it for myself quite yet. Perhaps later in the year.

Now I have my heart set on building a decent PC. So after I get paid I'm gonna look into some individual parts.

Old 10th November 2015, 05:22 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
Still Destiny, little bit of Triforce Heroes. Didn't get Yoshi in the end due to an overly long work weekend. And since I only wanted to get it to play with my cousin, I don't feel the need to get it for myself quite yet. Perhaps later in the year.

Now I have my heart set on building a decent PC. So after I get paid I'm gonna look into some individual parts.
Light level?

Old 10th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Only 293. I've been struggling to get to 295 (Because that's when a buddy says I should be able to survive the raid without being a nuisance to the group) since I haven't done the raid. So it's just been heroic strikes over and over hoping to find some good gear

Old 10th November 2015, 06:58 PM

tboi might just be my favorite game in some time, which is surprising. Figured I'd like it, but not enough to play it for hours and find myself desiring to play it when away from home. I might even consider double-dipping if I get a New 3DS. Even though Nintendo should consider cross-buy like a cool company would

Old 11th November 2015, 01:35 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i'm on chapter four of trails in the sky: the sequel and shit's gettin' craaaaaaazy

Old 11th November 2015, 02:16 AM

I think with Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 and exclusivity being less of a big deal nowadays, I'm gonna have to buckle down and ratchet together a PC. I've always been hesitant, but the way I look at it is since it isn't a single bulk purchase, it'll be cheaper over the long run because of tax reasons. And once I buy that first part or first few parts I'll be more inclined to get the rest. Then there's actually putting it together. Oh yeah and ordering parts on the credit card I don't have.

Old 11th November 2015, 10:49 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm on chapter one of Trails in the Sky: The Not Sequel. I think it's kind of odd how Estelle is said to be a bad cook yet she can identify the ingredients and their portions of anything she has tasted once as well as cook spaghetti in the middle of a forest with no utensils or fire.

Old 11th November 2015, 03:16 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I'm on chapter one of Trails in the Sky: The Not Sequel. I think it's kind of odd how Estelle is said to be a bad cook yet she can identify the ingredients and their portions of anything she has tasted once as well as cook spaghetti in the middle of a forest with no utensils or fire.
I guess that's one skill Estelle just finally gets good at with being a Bracer. Some of the "recipe learned" messages towards the end are actually pretty hilarious and the items themselves turn out to be pretty invaluable, so I recommend buying every new food item you find and stocking up on a ridiculous amount of ingredients.

But anyway, I hope you're having fun with the game! I'm playing through SC right now, and it's just as good, but I'm starting to miss the more lighthearted plot stuff in FC.

Old 11th November 2015, 04:31 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Played Fallout 4 for about 7 hours last night. I think it's definitely one of my favourite games so far. I love how the ghouls move in it, they're /actually/ a little a scary.

User Tag List