Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 9th April 2014, 09:49 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack71 View Post
Beat Ocarina of Time 3DS. I still have the same question that I did when I beat it for the N64:

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
At the end of the game, do the sages, Zelda, and Link remember everything that happened when everything goes back to normal?
Yes and no.
At the end of OOT, the split timeline is created. So the sages in the adult timeline remember but the sages in the child timeline do not because they never became sages. So while Darunia, Saria, and the others all remember how Link defeated Ganon, the Darunia/Saria/etc do not remember this at all after Link is sent back in time. Link remembers everything, though.

Old 9th April 2014, 02:43 PM
Honorary Most Underappreciated Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I just started playing The Secret of Monkey Island. As much as I have always loved point and click adventures, the Monkey Island series was actually one that I unfortunately never got around to playing for a long time. I haven't gotten that far into it, but so far, I love it.

Old 9th April 2014, 02:53 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Still on Bravely Default. There was a really unfair boss called the Behemoth in Grandship. The recommended level was 50, but I wasn't able to kill it until level 61. AND the only way I killed it was using Edea's swordmaster job skill counter to deal occasional 9999 damage and friend summons

Old 9th April 2014, 04:04 PM
Jackjack71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi View Post
Yes and no.
At the end of OOT, the split timeline is created. So the sages in the adult timeline remember but the sages in the child timeline do not because they never became sages. So while Darunia, Saria, and the others all remember how Link defeated Ganon, the Darunia/Saria/etc do not remember this at all after Link is sent back in time. Link remembers everything, though.
Okay...

But Zelda and Link remember everything, right?

And does that mean that Darunia, Saria, ect. are physically put back on Hyrule, but still stay sages technically?

So confusing. Then again, as with most things, I'm probably just over thinking it.

Old 9th April 2014, 07:02 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Yes and no.
Quote:
Okay...

And does that mean that Darunia, Saria, ect. are physically put back on Hyrule, but still stay sages technically?

So confusing. Then again, as with most things, I'm probably just over thinking it.
Retcon. They're still the sages during the end credits, and Wind Waker shows them to be the sages specifically. Although according to the historia, Link tells Zelda about the whole thing post-game, she believes him, and Ganon gets arrested even though nobody believed Zelda's warning about him before. It's best not to think too hard about it, as it's clear Nintendo didn't.

EDIT: Oh wait, it was Wind Waker that was the Adult timeline and Twilight Princess that was the Child timeline. So yeah, the sages probably did forget everything since they're not mentioned in TP despite the game having sages. However, when you call Saria while in the past in OoT, she'll still tell you about things going on in the future. And they do still appear as sages in the past during the end credits, so who knows? Not me.

Last edited by AndyNPC; 9th April 2014 at 07:11 PM.

Old 9th April 2014, 09:04 PM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Okay...

Link is sent back in time to before he meets Zelda. Being that he has the Triforce of Courage, he is able to convince the king that Ganondorf is evil and Ganondorf is sent to be executed as a result. Child Zelda has no memory of what happened, nor do any of the sages Link met in the future. Basically, it goes like this, starting with Link drawing the Master Sword midway through the game:

1. Link is sent 7 years into the future.
2. During this time, Ganondorf kills six of the seven sages that already exist. Only Rauru remains.
3. Link awakens the new sages (Darunia, Saria, etc) in the future where there are no sages other than Rauru
4. Link beats Ganondorf. Zelda sends him back to the past to before he met Zelda, leaving this "Adult" timeline with no Link.
5. In this "Child" timeline, Zelda and the sages in the "Adult" timeline do not remember Link. The new sages have not been awakened in this timeline, but Ganondorf never had a chance to kill the original sages (minus Rauru).
6. Link uses the Triforce of Courage as proof of who he is and convinces the king that Ganondorf is evil.
7. The "Adult" timeline leads to the events described in Wind Waker, in which Ganon is revived and being that Zelda sent Link back in time, there is no one to stop him.
8. The "Child" timeline leads to Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, in which Link leaves Hyrule while Ganondorf is being executed.

Hope that helps break it down.

Old 10th April 2014, 12:17 AM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Hope that helps break it down.
Don't forget the other part where:
The third timeline split happens where Link is defeated by Ganon, which would technically be an alternate continuity since that can't happen in parallel with the other timelines. Also the part where Skyward Sword retcons the origin of Link's hat.

Things made a lot more sense before the historia came along.

To keep this from becoming a Zelda lore thread: I just beat Hitman Contracts and I'm not sure if I should go straight to Blood Money or play something else first. I'm not sure if I want to just burn out the series all in one shot.

Old 10th April 2014, 02:32 AM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
At first I laughed about the elongated spoiler conversations going on in the most recent comments, but then I read them all.... and learned a lot about the LoZ timeline that I didn't before. Thanks for the conversation I wasn't apart of guys!

On topic, I've been playing the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Metroid: Fuision, and replaying Super Metroid.

KotOR is great. My only problem is I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out when to use "Fury Strikes" and "Power Strike" for my wookie party member (Serving as my team's Tank), but other than that, it's awesome. I really love how classic the game feels, using dice checks, and an almost MMO meets Pen and Paper type feel with of course Star Wars story and lore. Feels almost like a single player Star Wars mod of DnD. Great game thus far.

Metroid Fusion is good. Feels like Super Metroid, but not as "explory" (Which was upsetting to me because that was my favorite thing about Super Metroid) but still has its secrets. Its also atmospheric (Although the music isn't as good as Super), and has elements of jumps, scares, and atmosphere that certain horror games can't touch, which makes it unique. Very good game.

Super Metroid is my second favorite game ever, only bested by Banjo Kazooie. If there's something I love in a game, it's great exploration, and this game is the embodiment of exploration. Combine that with amazing music, great overall gameplay and combat, some of the most impressive graphics (If that's what you'd call them) I thought were possible on the SNES, and unique elements of sequence breaking I thought made the game really impressive. If you haven't played it, play it. I discovered it only a couple months ago and played it on an emulator and since then it's been my second favorite game EVER. That's saying something with the plethora of games in this day and age

Old 10th April 2014, 02:52 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I've been playing "Flight of the Amazon Queen". I like it. It is a point and click adventure game where you play as a guy named Joe King (No, seriously, that is his name). Set in 1949, Joe is a pilot/adventurer and is tasked with delivering a Hollywood starlet to her next big movie which is set in the Amazons. The plane crashes in the middle of the jungle however. Meanwhile, an evil scientist is plotting a scheme for world domination that involves kidnapping the Amazon women and turning them into Crazy Dinosaur Amazon Women so he can make a Crazy Dinosaur Amazon Woman Army. I like it a lot.

Old 10th April 2014, 03:20 AM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDredlokk View Post
Super Metroid is my second favorite game ever, only bested by Banjo Kazooie. If there's something I love in a game, it's great exploration, and this game is the embodiment of exploration. Combine that with amazing music, great overall gameplay and combat, some of the most impressive graphics (If that's what you'd call them) I thought were possible on the SNES, and unique elements of sequence breaking I thought made the game really impressive. If you haven't played it, play it. I discovered it only a couple months ago and played it on an emulator and since then it's been my second favorite game EVER. That's saying something with the plethora of games in this day and age
If you're up for some more games with great exploration, I've got a few recommendations for you:
First off, La-Mulana. It's a huge ruins exploration metroidvania that will have you solving complex puzzles with clues buried within the writings of lost cultures. Bring a notebook, you'll need it!

Thief 1 and 2 might seem like a bit of an unconventional suggestion, but believe me, the levels in Thief are massive and filled with secrets. It's not uncommon to take more than two hours to complete them. The amount of adventure they managed to cram into every level astounds me. For example: there's one level in Thief 2 where you have to crash a party being held in a tower to find out what the bad guy is up to. To reach the tower, you go along the rooftops of the city where you have the opportunity to go off the path and rob diamonds from a bank, break into an armory, witness a scuffle between two warring households, and discover the hide-out of a necromancer. This is all just on the way to the actual mission.

Finally, Wizardry. Pretty self explanatory really. Get some graph paper and spend a few afternoons mapping out the mazes. I recommend the SNES ports for the advantage of being able to check your mapping accuracy and because the RNG in the old PC port is broken.

Old 10th April 2014, 03:37 AM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
Thanks man. I heard the Thief games were supposed to be good but I never checked them out myself. I heard of La-Mulana before but not Wizardry. Either way, thanks will be looking into them soon!

Old 12th April 2014, 12:58 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
So I started Outlast today on PS4. I quit out before I even got inside the Asylum. I'm a chicken shit when it comes to true horror games.

Old 13th April 2014, 02:54 PM
Jinjo

Chatterbox 
Playing Poker Night 2 again, all I need to get now is the personality core and I'll have all the bounties!
I'm also playing Family Guy the quest for stuff, not half bad for a game like it

Old 14th April 2014, 02:12 AM
Von Kriplespac

I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil and just started Animal Crossing on the GCN. My town is Roách and name is AndyNPC, so you can totally give me codes for free items if you want.
That's kinda lame in BGE how Pey'j gets kidnapped after like the first area. He was a way cooler sidekick than this other guy. I hope I get him back soon.

Old 16th April 2014, 04:15 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Started Bioshock today. The respawn system is insanely forgiving so far and so is the hacking, and I'm playing on survivor. Sadly I have a really good idea of what the twist ending is so that sucks, but I've enjoyed the game well enough so far. I just don't see why it's held in such high regard outside of it's impressive graphics.

User Tag List