Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 12th July 2008, 06:30 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
You might beable to enter the lair like in banjo tooie but thats probly as far as your going to get...

Old 12th July 2008, 06:51 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
Don't get your hopes up, you're making it out like it's 100% that we'll be able to get into the Lair again. "Oh there will be an item to blow open the entrance", "No rocks, its the floor", etc. I highly doubt we'll be able to return to Grunty's Lair, if we do it'll be a nice treat, but it's very doubtful.
well- we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 12th July 2008, 06:54 PM
Clanker

I thinks that they have said that you just need spikey ties to get back to spiral mountain
and we will be lucky if we even get as far as we did in tooie for the lair

Old 12th July 2008, 06:56 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
maybe even farther. Technology has come very far, i don't think it's hard for them to touch up the lair. Maybe that's the Secret Surprise =P
well then again, i wouldn't know, i've done any work like that.

Old 12th July 2008, 06:57 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Judging by the latest screenshot of Spiral Mountain, I could easily see how people could see that boulders are blocking the entrance to Gruntilda's Lair. In my eyes, they're not boulders. Perhaps you're all forgetting that there were rocks posing as Gruntilda's teeth? That's what the "boulders" are.

Although I advise not to get your hopes up, I don't think even a game company such as Rare would go to the trouble of rebuilding Gruntilda's Lair with next-gen graphics and then make it serve no purpose. Rare is very sneaky when it comes to game-developing, but creating an entire overworld (basically, because the lair was technically an overworld) and then have it merely exist. My instincts are telling me the lair will be accessed in some shape or form.

Last edited by Silent Warrior; 12th July 2008 at 07:00 PM.

Old 12th July 2008, 07:32 PM
Perverse Piglet

Total Awards: 9
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREYHUNTERII View Post
I thinks that they have said that you just need spikey ties to get back to spiral mountain
and we will be lucky if we even get as far as we did in tooie for the lair
They didn't mention Spiral Mountain specifilcally, they said an area where you began in Showdown Town, and judging from one of the videos, this area could be the small "tower" above the slope where LOG is.

Old 12th July 2008, 07:52 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minjo View Post
They didn't mention Spiral Mountain specifilcally, they said an area where you began in Showdown Town, and judging from one of the videos, this area could be the small "tower" above the slope where LOG is.
They said that Banjo and Kazooie would slide down a slope and it lead to Showdown Town. In which case Spiral Mountain would require re-entry once the spikes are retrieved for vehicles. I saw the video where the Lord of Games is, and we have a concencus that that's the slope where Banjo and Kazooie enter the town at the commencing of the game. All in all I agree with you with what Rare said.

Old 12th July 2008, 08:15 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
Judging by the latest screenshot of Spiral Mountain, I could easily see how people could see that boulders are blocking the entrance to Gruntilda's Lair. In my eyes, they're not boulders. Perhaps you're all forgetting that there were rocks posing as Gruntilda's teeth? That's what the "boulders" are.

Although I advise not to get your hopes up, I don't think even a game company such as Rare would go to the trouble of rebuilding Gruntilda's Lair with next-gen graphics and then make it serve no purpose. Rare is very sneaky when it comes to game-developing, but creating an entire overworld (basically, because the lair was technically an overworld) and then have it merely exist. My instincts are telling me the lair will be accessed in some shape or form.
K well the teeth in grunty's lair were posts for the bridge but i agree with you on everything else.

but if they have a neat stop n swop thing i think Grunty's Lair would be a great spot to host the event.. so it may be used for that? just an idea.

Old 13th July 2008, 01:24 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna360 View Post
K well the teeth in grunty's lair were posts for the bridge but i agree with you on everything else.

but if they have a neat stop n swop thing i think Grunty's Lair would be a great spot to host the event.. so it may be used for that? just an idea.
If Stop & Swop is in Nuts & Bolts, then I can almost guarantee that Gruntilda's Lair will be the place that the swopping event is held. Why else would it be there? Tourist attraction?

Old 13th July 2008, 08:25 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
I just wanna see the (Tower Room)...

Old 13th July 2008, 09:15 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I think this whole forum is way too nostalgic. It's been ten years. If you want to play in the old levels pop your BK game into your N64! It's the equivalent of wanting to visit Rainbow Ride or Whomp's Fortress in Mario Galaxy. They've given us Banjo Land, that's good enough, it's time to move on!

I bet George is right, we won't think about the old because we'll be to busy with the new

Old 13th July 2008, 09:20 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert View Post
I think this whole forum is way too nostalgic. It's been ten years. If you want to play in the old levels pop your BK game into your N64! It's the equivalent of wanting to visit Rainbow Ride or Whomp's Fortress in Mario Galaxy. They've given us Banjo Land, that's good enough, it's time to move on!

I bet George is right, we won't think about the old because we'll be to busy with the new
Thank you Mr. Colbert, that is exactly what's needed to be said.

Old 13th July 2008, 11:51 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
Thank you Mr. Colbert, that is exactly what's needed to be said.
I don't want to visit the old levels. I want to see just some of Grunty's lair, because you never know what it will look like after 10 years.

Old 14th July 2008, 12:24 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenday5136 View Post
I don't want to visit the old levels. I want to see just some of Grunty's lair, because you never know what it will look like after 10 years.
That's what I'm excited about. Revisiting an old overworld briefly isn't a problem, if anything it's a good thing. I just mean exploring an entire level of a classic game. Other than that, I'm looking forward to exploring Gruntilda's Lair (if we can).

Last edited by Silent Warrior; 14th July 2008 at 12:27 AM.

Old 14th July 2008, 03:29 PM
Jinjo

I personally dont think you will be able to get into Grunty's Lair. On top of it will be another story (you can just fly to the top of the tower, no problem).

Tags
bolts, grunty, insanity, lair, nuts, spiral mountain, stupid people

User Tag List