Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 12th September 2008, 09:20 AM
Jinjo

If SNS was discovered.

2 thoughts about SNS.

Firstly : What would you do if you found out that a friend of yours with a vague interest on BK/BT had found out SNS months/years ago but thought it was nothing special.

Secondly: What would you do if you found out SNS? Would you post it immediatly? Would you go evil and try and sell out the mystery? Would you discover everything there was then post? Would you email rare?

Personaly with question one, I would go insane, even though I haven't really tried to unlock SNS.

Second question I would discover everything then post, make myself look like a genius (extend my 5 minuites of fame.)

Old 12th September 2008, 09:25 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
I betcha anything that within a day this topic is going to have people saying "there's nothing left to find!!!" or "GRRR ANOTHER SNS TOPIC!!!"....

However, I think I understand where you are coming from. Even though I do believe there is very little left in the game that we haven't found already through hacking, if there happened to be more to the game and somebody such as myself or a friend found it, I would probably enjoy the satisfaction of being liberated from the mystery, and try to find someone that would believe me...or take many youtube videos of it. But like I said, doubt there is anything left in the game that we haven't found or heard about already...never know though!

Old 12th September 2008, 09:34 AM
Jinjo

Good point.

Important note to all : I am not saying SNS exists this is a hyperthetical scenario with hyperthetical answers. Please no SNS does not exist/it won't be found. If you really think that don't post it, keep it to yourse.f

Last edited by Fireydeath01; 12th September 2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 12th September 2008, 09:46 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I've actually thought about this quite a bit...(now that we've got the fact that we know this is all hypOthetical...sorry had to correct ya on that...lol)

I always had this anticipation that there was still so much more to the game than I had ever found. I tried opening doors that wouldn't open, using every move every place I could...to no avail. I was suckered by so many theories too, such as beating the game 100 percent in so many hours and then entering certain codes into the sandcastle...
In fact, I didn't even know they had discarded the idea until I got Banjo Tooie. You have no idea how disappointed I was. In fact, I think that was the whole reason I looked forward to the sequel so damn much...
I remember that before I even found out about SnS I was in the walrus' cave staring at the Ice Key and trying to figure out how the heck to get it.
Anyways, I DO believe there is still a tiny bit left to the whole thing in the game that we won't find out until someone important (like a Rare employee) tells us...and props to the people who've been able to dissect this game so well, but I do feel there might still be a teeny tiny eensy bit left! Don't flame me please!

Old 12th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Jinjo

I'd post it on here. In a way it would be sad to find it. It makes the games more fun that little bit of mystery.

Old 12th September 2008, 12:42 PM
Brash Breegull

I would post it on here, but first i would send one screenshot to you guys (to get you interested) and then make you all beg before i gave it to you. Yes i would.

Old 12th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTurnbull272 View Post
I betcha anything that within a day this topic is going to have people saying "there's nothing left to find!!!" or "GRRR ANOTHER SNS TOPIC!!!"....
For future reference, don't say stuff like this. All you're doing is encouraging it that much more.

Old 12th September 2008, 03:16 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
"there's nothing left to find!!! or GRRR ANOTHER SNS TOPIC!!!"

On a more serious note, I would probably just post it to Subdrag and IceMario first, then they could decide how to present it to the forumz.

Old 12th September 2008, 03:20 PM
Brash Breegull

Viva Piñata Mastery 
you "stop" playing banjo kazooie and "swap" to banjo tooie and it unlocked bottles revenge

Old 12th September 2008, 03:26 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony111ster
you "stop" playing banjo kazooie and "swap" to banjo tooie and it unlocked bottles revenge
We aren't discussing what Stop N Swop would have done. It's a discussion about what you would do if you discovered the "answer" to it.

Old 12th September 2008, 03:28 PM
Brash Breegull

Viva Piñata Mastery 
oh, well then...I would tell rare what I had found out

Old 12th September 2008, 05:18 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony111ster View Post
oh, well then...I would tell rare what I had found out
You would tell the creators of SNS about their own creation....

Old 12th September 2008, 05:57 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I'd certainly post it here. I'd gain respect from everyone else and i would be selfish with something that could solve all these useless theorys. Theres plenty of them...

Old 12th September 2008, 09:03 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
For future reference, don't say stuff like this. All you're doing is encouraging it that much more.
Sorry, wasn't really trying to get anything started...but of all the forums I've ever been on, I feel more cautious about what I post on here than anywhere, so that's mostly why I said that. (i.e. i've lurked here for about a year before ever signing up to post....)

Anyways, now that I think about it, a lot of what I would do depends on the situation. Imagine how you would feel if you discovered something dramatically awesome in the game SnS related, but you had NO IDEA how to get it to do it again...
But if I knew how I did it, the first thing I would want to do was make sure I had TONS of proof so when I *did* show everyone on here, they would believe me and be able to try it for themselves.

However, after all of the projects I have seen hacking the first game to pieces, I'm more excited now about hoping to find more stuff in Tooie someday...I probably won't be 'at rest' until I hear the story straight from Rare I guess...

Tags
discovered, sns, stop and swap, theory