Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 27th November 2018, 10:24 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
hey, welcome bkmax!

your post made me think, in terms of things we don't know...if banjopl's post is right about sns being intended for goldeneye and blast corps, there would be remnants of what it unlocked in those games, right? maybe the built-in zx spectrum emulator would have been put to use with the right egg, lol
Hi, thank you Alakazam! I agree with you, I think the same!

BanjoPL information about secret levels was very interesting, why the post it is no more visible? Some Rare hacker engineer that want to cover secrets?

Old 4th September 2019, 03:35 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Another update (with new info from Twitter)

- SNS was planned as "transfering the codes" feature between Banjo-Kazooie and few upcoming Rare games (Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, Conker 64, Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark) after doing "full circle" player was supposed to return to the first game (Banjo-Kazooie) and access super special bonus - 6 eggs and ice key, it was planned as cold swap feature - player could have 24 seconds to shift cartridges and transfer "the codes" between games, at some point it was coded into Donkey Kong 64 and next planned game was Jet Force Gemini, Nintendo told Banjo Team to disable the feature at the very last minute in Banjo-Kazooie because they saw it as dangerous idea for N64 hardware,

- sandcastle codes were a backup plan if "connecting all Rare games" plan would be impossible - if so Banjo Team had an idea to release them at the right time so players could still have access to the secrets in Banjo-Kazooie and use them in the sequel,
- Controler Pak was never planned for the feature,

-PD Team was unaware that Banjo Team had a plan to connect Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark in future, everything releated to SNS was only in the minds of Banjo Team,

-prizes for Banjo-Tooie were not designed during development of Banjo-Kazooie - it was left for later,

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th September 2019 at 04:24 AM.

Old 5th September 2019, 02:48 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
A lost or removed SNS egg would make sense. I always thought that there was a removed sandcastle cheat given the games code. If my memory serves I think that Subdrag and Ice Mario found 59 sandcastle codes in total which seemed like an odd number . It may have either been related to the Toxic Waste in Rusty Bucket Bay or the Transformation room door ( as there is a pretty big blank space behind that door). It's also been backed up by another rare employee that that transformation room door was meant for something https://www.gamekult.com/forum/t/int...rareware/72170

Not been on here for a while, but Banjo on Smash has bought back some great memories.

Old 5th September 2019, 04:25 PM
#1 Tech Boy Siege

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I think it's very natural to feel that way but it's probably just the number of cheats they ended up making

Heck, from a programming standpoint, 64 would be a more logical number of cheats. But it's more likely there was never a set number.

Old 5th September 2019, 05:23 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Explosion Infernale

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
the clubjoe interview is fake, sadly

thank you banjopl for continuing to compile this stuff here, it's ever-fascinating

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

User Tag List