Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > General > Almost Anything Goes > Creative Cavern

Creative Cavern We'd love to see your artwork, read your stories, or play your games. So let your creative juices go wild. Images are enabled in this forum.

Old 4th September 2018, 10:29 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 

Old 4th September 2018, 10:30 PM
Jinjo

You're Appreciated! 

Old 5th September 2018, 03:20 AM
Fruitcake

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 

Here's a dragon I recently finished!

I've been trying to experiment with coloring methods lately and this one was definitely a "let me do this and see how it looks" piece. I did the shading first and overlaid the colors on top of that. I really need to practice more with making tighter renders.

Last edited by Casey; 5th September 2018 at 04:02 AM.

Old 27th September 2018, 05:01 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I am trying out a new software and I kind of love it.
This is a cover of a Mark Lanegan song.
https://picosong.com/w23Lh/

Old 23rd October 2018, 05:32 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Explosion Infernale

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 

https://yiffgurl.bandcamp.com/album/...ts-funny-to-me

i'm making a lot of albums right now
this is not "one of them", but
it's really important anyway

please listen to it, i promise it's the most focused album on this bandcamp yet
<3

love all my friend fans

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

Last edited by Alakazam; 23rd October 2018 at 05:34 PM.

Old 23rd October 2018, 05:34 PM
#1 Tech Boy

You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm working on getting my streaming setup up and running to give it another try and see if the Twitch life is right for me

Old 23rd October 2018, 08:07 PM
Brash Breegull

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
i'm making a lot of albums right now
this is not "one of them", but
it's really important anyway

please listen to it, i promise it's the most focused album on this bandcamp yet
<3

love all my friend fans
Battle!! vs. Expert is literally indistinguishable in sound + quality to Actual Video Game Music On A Portable Nintendo Device; good fukceing job

Old 27th January 2019, 05:01 AM
Rare Witch Hero

I've been working on this song. I can't seem to finish it.
I sent it to a friend and he thought I was depressed.
https://picosong.com/wuKBv/

Old 27th January 2019, 06:40 AM
Jinjo

You're Appreciated! 
If that's your singing then well done. I thought about turning some of my rap songs into vocals, but I just don't quite got it.

Old 28th January 2019, 01:15 AM
Brash Breegull

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Decided to actually write something for once. I think this may turn into something steamy later, but for now hopefully it's just cute.

~Seize the Flame~

A nearly empty room sat in wait while a figure shuffled in and out placing down boxes of various sizes. She was a younger woman who had finally found herself free of her parents’ grasp and was now ready to live it up in her own place. She left the room and came struggling in with another huge box. “This thing is too damn heavy, why do I even need this many plates?” She began to say as she shuffled back and forth, suddenly she lost her balance, “Oh shi-” A hand came from behind and caught her before she connected with the ground. “Riley, you gotta’ be more careful.” Said another woman of about fifty. “I know mom, sorry.” She said. Riley’s mom came in with a stack of smaller boxes and set them down. “Whew, alright I think that’s good for now, let’s go get something to eat.” She said wiping her brow. Riley, too excited to begin unpacking said, “Nah that’s okay, I’m gonna’ stay here.” Her mom furrowed her brow. “Nope that’s not going to work for me young lady, you have to eat.” Riley was anxious to be on her own, but she knew this was one of many battles she couldn’t win, “Alright fine.” She said with a forced smile.

While on the way to lunch Riley and her mom talked about the weather and other usually benign things while small drops of rain pattered on the windshield. Eventually the conversation turned to her least favorite subject, school. “I just don’t think you should be here. I went to USC and so did your father, and I just want what’s best for you.” Riley sighed, knowing this talk well. She pleaded with her parents to go to the Vermont School of Fine Arts and hadn’t heard the end of it since. She liked the faculty, enjoyed the curriculum, and wanted nothing more than to learn dancing here. She also chose this particular school because it had the most beautiful scenery she had ever seen.

Her parents asked Riley to go somewhere, anywhere in California but she vehemently refused. In fact, she was only able to be here due to her scholarships. “Mom I just- You already know how I feel and what’s done is done.” Now it was her mother’s turn to sigh. They finally arrived at a small diner. Riley got out of the car and walked quickly toward the door, hoping to leave the conversation. Stepping into the tiny establishment she could make out a kitchen tucked behind a cozy looking bar with red stools where a few patrons finished their meals. She sat down in a comfy dark red booth, her mother following. As they sat a waitress came to greet them. “Hello, my name is Rachel. Can I start you with anything to drink?” Her mother looked at her quizzically for a moment. “Oh how quaint, that’s my name except with an ‘a’ instead of an ‘e’!” Her mom said happily. “Oh how very funny.” The waitress said with a clearly faked chuckle. Riley’s mom then said, glancing at the menu. “I’ll take a water, and so will she.”. Riley flashed a quick scowl at her mother, “Actually I’ll take an iced tea.” She said smiling at the waitress. “I’ll bring those right up.” Rachal looked at Riley with a tired look but allowed her small rebellion. They eventually ordered their meals and had a decently pleasant time. The two were about to leave when Riley spotted somebody from behind the kitchen. Dressed in a white paper hat and t-shirt, bobbing his head to some rock music, he was thin but clearly worked out, and she couldn’t take her eyes off him. “Hey mom, you go away-” She stopped, “Uh I mean you go ahead and I’ll catch up.” Rachal looked at her daughter and followed her gaze, shrugged, and said. “Alright fine, I’ll see you back at your apartment.”

Riley slowly found herself looking into the kitchen area, too nervous to speak up. All she could do was watch this guy cook food. She watched his firm chest breathing up and down, and his smooth arms with all their definition moving in time to the music as he cooked. His brown hair peaked out from under the paper hat, she could followed down his face to the brilliant green in his eyes, his slender nose, and perfect lips. She found herself shivering slightly. The young man finally looked up and noticed his stalker. “Uh, hey. Can I help you with something.” Riley caught herself in surprise. “Yeah you are, and yes.” She said. He blinked. “You can’t really be in here you know that right?” She stared for a moment. “Yes I- I saw you and thought I recognized you from somewhere.” She said, hoping he wouldn’t notice the lie. “Really, where’d we meet? For some reason it’s not clicking for me.” He responded. Riley began to panic slightly, her heart beating in her ears. “I’m actually not sure.” She confessed. He stared for a minute then said, “Okay, well. You still can’t really be in here.” Mortified she tried to catch herself with one last saving throw. “Well, I’m actually looking for work.” His eyes perked up, “Oh okay, let me get my manager.” As he left Riley stood there silently cringing at herself and surprised that even worked.

A smallish man with a leather jacket came up to her. “So you the one applyin’?” He said looking her up and down. “You a waitress type or can ya’ cook?” “Actually I’m a really good at cooking I do it for my family all the time.” she responded. The man looked at her for another moment. “Alright come in tomorrow at 6 a.m. and we’ll test ya’ out. Better not waste my time though. The name’s Jeremy.” He brought up his arm to shake. She responded in kind and said, “My name’s Riley, nice to meet you.” He quickly turned and walked back into a small room, she presumed his office. The younger man came back too and let out his hand, “Mike.” He said. “Riley.” She responded, savoring every moment of his tense grip and once again eyeing his arms. “Looks like we’ll be working together from now on, cool it’ll be nice to have another cook on staff. Don’t worry about Jeremy he seems tough but he’s fine.” Riley laughed a bit and realized she left her mother waiting back at her place. “Oh shit I gotta’ go, see ya’.” She said running for the door. Outside her mind started to race, “What in the absolute hell have I gotten in to?” She thought to herself. She did need a job to pay for rent, her parents weren’t going to help out in that respect, but seriously getting one just because of some dude? She felt a bit like an idiot, “Whatever,” She thought to herself. “Take things as they come I guess.” The small drops from earlier pittering against her raincoat.

Old 9th February 2019, 10:16 AM
Explosion Infernale

You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
been making sigs in photoshop again as a chill/fun thing

new Weakness ɬ Resistance album will be out very soon, it's the first of two "serious" albums i've been working on the last year, though it's the much lesser ambitious one - regardless, i'm excited to share it with you all!

Old 10th February 2019, 05:22 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by weighta View Post
If that's your singing then well done. I thought about turning some of my rap songs into vocals, but I just don't quite got it.
It is, but I'm not too happy with it. Many thanks!

Old 22nd February 2019, 04:59 AM
Brash Breegull

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
These were from my photography final last term and I just wanted to share them 'cause I can.

I rented a tilt-shift lens which puts the focus both in the foreground and background leaving the middle clear. This along with the ability of the lens to sorta' smush the vertical axis lines together slightly creates a 'toy-like' or mini effect. I wanted to go to a local Safari we had and photograph the animals there using this lens. It was somewhat hard because we were in a vehicle and of course animals don't always do what you want them to, but it was an interesting and fun creative challenge. Oh and I got an A which was nice.

Last edited by dragon_kazoooie; 22nd February 2019 at 05:01 AM.

Old 22nd February 2019, 02:00 PM
Brash Breegull

You're Appreciated! 
Holy fridge, those are nice

Old 22nd February 2019, 02:39 PM
Explosion Infernale

wow yeah, good work, those are all really good

User Tag List