Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 25th June 2007, 09:01 PM
Loser Conker's Avatar
Loser Conker Loser Conker is offline
Dingpot
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
1000 monkeys at a typewriter…

(I ask that you read the following statement with an open mind, ignoring everything you heard about the Banjo-Kazooie series previously. Thank you.)

Banjo-Threeie could come out November of 2007…please try to follow my “logic”.

Why November of 2007? Well, there’s this , which is supposedly from an E3 floor manager, but most of us seriously doubt it. Why? This could be a lie, but the first thing that popped into my head, as to why it could be false, is the fact that we have heard nothing about Banjo-Threeie since X06. Recently, though, I had an epiphany: this could be the smartest way to build up the hype. If they had tried normal ways (i.e. releasing information, trailers…), it would have been completely overshadowed by the Xbox 360 game which has already sold at least 4 million (preorders), and it’s not even out yet. That’s right: Halo 3. Just before school got out, I talked to a couple of my friends about some of the Xbox 360’s big games: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Too Human, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I later gathered that they had heard of these games (knowing that several work at EB), but I did not speak their language, which consisted only of “Halo”, “3”, and sometimes “Beta”. After seeing what sort of disease Bungie released with their Halo franchise, Rare might be trying a similar strategy: Us and SnS

There is quite a large BK fan base (i.e. this site), but there are many more who don’t know they are part of it. Banjo-Threeie, Viva Piñata, the “Big Three” for the Wii, Haze and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ are the games I have been obsessing about since school started. One day, I was explaining to one of my friends about Banjo-Kazooie, and one of the girls from my dance class hears “Banjo-Kazooie” and asks what we’re talking about. I explain, and she switches from cool to fangirl. She had been a big fan of the series on the N64 when she was a kid and was wondering what happened with the series, thinking Nintendo, not Rareware, made the game. I explained to her about Rare, SnS, and the X06 trailer, and now, Banjo-Threeie is one of the games she is eagerly anticipating. Another time, I was in the computer lab, and a freshman looked at my monitor, saw the fake leaked Banjo-Threeie screenshots, and pestered me to explain. He was yet another soul I have saved from the black hole that is the Halo 3 Hype.

As for SnS, Rare has been teasing us with pointless clues. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (the chalkboard), Banjo-Pilot (an item called “Stop n Swap”) and Jetpac Refuelled (Coolmanboy, the new eggs, and he Stone Key) are some examples that come to mind. They all teased us with these clues, and occasionally, I’ll look at a forum post about one of these games, and someone will say they will buy the game just for the Stop n Swap clue. Evil? Yes. Does it boost sales? A little bit, but Banjo-Threeie will be the mother of all these.

In an interview, Rare mentioned something about a releasing the truth of SnS on the ten year anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie, 2008. I think this could actually support my theory: Downloadable Content, anyone? If Banjo-Threeie is released in Nov. of ’07, then the truth about Stop n Swap could be released as Downloadable Content, the earliest being a few months after the game comes out. After Banjo-Threeie, Stop n Swap won’t be able to build the hype or be myth-like anymore. 10 years is the absolute maximum amount of time that they can use Stop n Swap to get people to buy or obsess over their games.

In a few short weeks (E3), we’ll finally know when it’s coming out. Here’s to the preceding paragraphs being right.


  #2  
Old 25th June 2007, 09:28 PM
ConkerKing's Avatar
ConkerKing ConkerKing is offline
Funk Soul Brother
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia
Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
All of that actually makes perfect sense. If Rare wants to build hype, it's best to do it with SNS since so many people remember it as the biggest secret in ANY Nintendo 64 game.

Oh, and this also brought back a small memory from about 5 weeks ago: My friend (who's actually a member on this forum, but she's never posted or..anything) and I was talking about the 360. She was babbaling about (you guessed it) Halo 3 and I just sat there nodding my head. After she was done, I asked her if she had heard about the new Banjo game for the 360. Utter silence. Then, out of the clear blue, she says "B-BANJO KAZZOIE!?". "Yeah, the 3rd one is coming out for the 360..". Now; this is all she talks about.

:insertsomesortofgodlikesmileyhere:


  #3  
Old 25th June 2007, 09:55 PM
gdsmzroll's Avatar
gdsmzroll gdsmzroll is offline
Brash Breegull
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: cd. Juarez Chi. Mexico
Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
MARVELOUS! MARVELOUS! MARVELOUS!

You and me think the same brother! All you just mentioned is exactly what I was thinking!

Unfortunatly,

Alot of people in the forums want the mystery to live on, as, well, you know what I am talkingt about...
__________________
Te amo con toda mi fe, sin medida, te amo aunque estes tan lejos de mi, tus labios tienen todo control de mi Raquel, mi amor. Eres todo lo que quiero, todo lo que necesito. :) :)


  #4  
Old 25th June 2007, 09:56 PM
Monkey Boy 64's Avatar
Monkey Boy 64 Monkey Boy 64 is offline
Von Kriplespac
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Yo backyard!
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I thought this thread would be about monkeys on type writers typing up the answer to sns or something.


November 2007 is possible. Your argument made sense. Good logic.


  #5  
Old 30th June 2007, 04:13 AM
NeoConker's Avatar
NeoConker NeoConker is offline
Brash Breegull
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live at exactly 666N 6666W
When supporting the Xbox 360 I always refer to Rare's strategy.
They give us a good game, then they try seeing how much hype they can build for a sequel and occasionally giving clues and being very secretive. Then when they release it, sales go booming.
__________________
Oh no!
This sig is going to take over my post!
RUN FOR IT!


  #6  
Old 30th June 2007, 04:58 AM
dmoss's Avatar
dmoss dmoss is offline
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Missouri
Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Hey, Loser! Errrr...:o

You've got a great idea, and the fact that you actually put thought into your idea makes me believe it a little more. Had you come onto the site and said something like, "lol its coming out in november" no one would give you a second glance. Thanks for that.
__________________
[dee]


  #7  
Old 30th June 2007, 04:24 PM
BKSonic1234's Avatar
BKSonic1234 BKSonic1234 is offline
Brash Breegull
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chiron Beta Prime
Total Awards: 4
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Wow. Now a Nov. '07 release date sounds highly plausible. Imagine if, at E3, Rare explodes with B-3 information, like the Release Date, In-Game Videos, In-Game Images, and even possibly a Demo! That'd be sweet!
__________________
Sunday's on the phone to Monday,
Tuesday's on the phone to me.


  #8  
Old 30th June 2007, 05:23 PM
runehero123's Avatar
runehero123 runehero123 is offline
DJ Jamjars
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Look behind you...
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Love how you brought that all together in one post. Yes, an excellent strategy to turn a failed project into an ingenious marketing plan.


  #9  
Old 12th July 2007, 07:42 AM
crosseyes's Avatar
crosseyes crosseyes is offline
Clanker
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Conker
(I ask that you read the following statement with an open mind, ignoring everything you heard about the Banjo-Kazooie series previously. Thank you.)

Banjo-Threeie could come out November of 2007…please try to follow my “logic”.

Why November of 2007? Well, there’s this , which is supposedly from an E3 floor manager, but most of us seriously doubt it. Why? This could be a lie, but the first thing that popped into my head, as to why it could be false, is the fact that we have heard nothing about Banjo-Threeie since X06. Recently, though, I had an epiphany: this could be the smartest way to build up the hype. If they had tried normal ways (i.e. releasing information, trailers…), it would have been completely overshadowed by the Xbox 360 game which has already sold at least 4 million (preorders), and it’s not even out yet. That’s right: Halo 3. Just before school got out, I talked to a couple of my friends about some of the Xbox 360’s big games: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Too Human, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I later gathered that they had heard of these games (knowing that several work at EB), but I did not speak their language, which consisted only of “Halo”, “3”, and sometimes “Beta”. After seeing what sort of disease Bungie released with their Halo franchise, Rare might be trying a similar strategy: Us and SnS

There is quite a large BK fan base (i.e. this site), but there are many more who don’t know they are part of it. Banjo-Threeie, Viva Piñata, the “Big Three” for the Wii, Haze and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ are the games I have been obsessing about since school started. One day, I was explaining to one of my friends about Banjo-Kazooie, and one of the girls from my dance class hears “Banjo-Kazooie” and asks what we’re talking about. I explain, and she switches from cool to fangirl. She had been a big fan of the series on the N64 when she was a kid and was wondering what happened with the series, thinking Nintendo, not Rareware, made the game. I explained to her about Rare, SnS, and the X06 trailer, and now, Banjo-Threeie is one of the games she is eagerly anticipating. Another time, I was in the computer lab, and a freshman looked at my monitor, saw the fake leaked Banjo-Threeie screenshots, and pestered me to explain. He was yet another soul I have saved from the black hole that is the Halo 3 Hype.

As for SnS, Rare has been teasing us with pointless clues. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (the chalkboard), Banjo-Pilot (an item called “Stop n Swap”) and Jetpac Refuelled (Coolmanboy, the new eggs, and he Stone Key) are some examples that come to mind. They all teased us with these clues, and occasionally, I’ll look at a forum post about one of these games, and someone will say they will buy the game just for the Stop n Swap clue. Evil? Yes. Does it boost sales? A little bit, but Banjo-Threeie will be the mother of all these.

In an interview, Rare mentioned something about a releasing the truth of SnS on the ten year anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie, 2008. I think this could actually support my theory: Downloadable Content, anyone? If Banjo-Threeie is released in Nov. of ’07, then the truth about Stop n Swap could be released as Downloadable Content, the earliest being a few months after the game comes out. After Banjo-Threeie, Stop n Swap won’t be able to build the hype or be myth-like anymore. 10 years is the absolute maximum amount of time that they can use Stop n Swap to get people to buy or obsess over their games.

In a few short weeks (E3), we’ll finally know when it’s coming out. Here’s to the preceding paragraphs being right.
I got halfway through and refused to go any further due to your constant bashing of Halo and Bungie. I'm a fan of that, and yes I have one of those 4 mil pre-orders, but I like Rare and BK and Conker too. So please...less game bashing, more to the point on the BK series.

If there's one thing I dislike about Halo, it's how it's constantly making it's way into discussions about completely unrelated video games. Please, if you don't like it, don't talk about it. This is a Rare forum.

Just my 2 cents

EditZ: Ah screw it. I read through...and everything else you said does make perfect sense. Nov. '07 doesn't sound likely, even with the new E3 info, but whenever it comes out I know that it will sale. A lot. I noticed there aren't too much people around here interested in it...everyone's a Grand Theft Auto freak. I shouldn't have to hassle over a pre-order.

And a word of advice for the game's release....Get your capture cards ready and your controller batteries charged. 'tis gonna be a long night...for all of us.
__________________
Mai ROFLCopter. It goes soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi.

Last edited by crosseyes; 12th July 2007 at 07:49 AM.


  #10  
Old 12th July 2007, 11:46 PM
Loser Conker's Avatar
Loser Conker Loser Conker is offline
Dingpot
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
I got halfway through and refused to go any further due to your constant bashing of Halo and Bungie. I'm a fan of that, and yes I have one of those 4 mil pre-orders, but I like Rare and BK and Conker too. So please...less game bashing, more to the point on the BK series.

If there's one thing I dislike about Halo, it's how it's constantly making it's way into discussions about completely unrelated video games. Please, if you don't like it, don't talk about it. This is a Rare forum.
I didn't mean to bash Bungie and Halo. I'm sorry it came off that way; I don't hate Bungie or the Halo series, considering I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. I used Halo 3 as an example as why Rare didn't do any promotion/advertising, since Halo 3's hype would have flatten Banjo-Threeie's promotion/advertising completely.

Oh and sorry for my theory being so long, i tend to drag on a bit

Besides, it doesn't matter:

Quote:
Eurogamer: You've got these big titles this Christmas, but what about after that? Are you going to be able to produce as exciting a line-up at next year's E3 once Halo and GTA are out of the way?

Peter Moore: [Counts on fingers] Too Human, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie, which is five titles - first-party exclusives obviously - that I think about for 2008 that we haven't even begun...even though Peter Molyneux's here I think showing Fable 2, and you'll probably get a glance at Halo Wars - I haven't been able to see that yet. No, there's plenty of titles. And that's just first-party stuff.
2008 confirmed. I was dead wrong, so admins, feel free to lock this thread.

Last edited by Loser Conker; 13th July 2007 at 12:44 AM.


  #11  
Old 13th July 2007, 01:12 AM
BanjoKazooieSNS's Avatar
BanjoKazooieSNS BanjoKazooieSNS is offline
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United States
Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Conker
Besides, it doesn't matter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogamer
You've got these big titles this Christmas, but what about after that? Are you going to be able to produce as exciting a line-up at next year's E3 once Halo and GTA are out of the way?

Peter Moore: [Counts on fingers] Too Human, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie, which is five titles - first-party exclusives obviously - that I think about for 2008 that we haven't even begun...even though Peter Molyneux's here I think showing Fable 2, and you'll probably get a glance at Halo Wars - I haven't been able to see that yet. No, there's plenty of titles. And that's just first-party stuff.]Eurogamer: You've got these big titles this Christmas, but what about after that? Are you going to be able to produce as exciting a line-up at next year's E3 once Halo and GTA are out of the way?
2008 confirmed. I was dead wrong, so admins, feel free to lock this thread.
Well first I'd like to say that the whole theory you had was really good. I like Halo but I didn't see any Halo bashing in it . Anyway, Peter Moore could be wrong *false hope* That would be awesome to have now though. I hope your theory is true!
__________________
I love walking


 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Forums powered by vBulletin® Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website © 2000-2015 The RWP