Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 25th April 2009, 10:05 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacmac View Post
Just an idea, but maybe this means rare realised thar SNS was going to be droped before the release of DK, theorised that there would be huge speculation about what it was meant to be, and put the ice key in the coding for teh lulz?
Ice Key in DK64 as tease?

Old 25th April 2009, 10:08 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
Ice Key in DK64 as tease?
Yeah, I mean people knew about SNS from the 100% ending in BK, so it wasnt just going to blow over. I think rare realised this and put the codes in at the last minute for someone to find and speculate over.

Old 25th April 2009, 10:09 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacmac View Post
Yeah, I mean people knew about SNS from the 100% ending in BK, so it wasnt just going to blow over. I think rare realised this and put the codes in at the last minute for someone to find and speculate over.
So you speculate that BK-DK64 SNS Test failed?

Old 25th April 2009, 10:15 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
So you speculate that BK-DK64 SNS Test failed?
Yeah, but speculate is the underlying thing. I have no evidence what so ever, just seems to make sence in my head.

Old 25th April 2009, 11:40 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I think the Ice key went to DK64 and Eggs to BT.
But, we have evidence of the DK64, BK, and N64DD Connection with the BK shower and DK Picture.

anyway, Anymore updates Rune?

Old 26th April 2009, 12:10 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Actually, I was messing around with the ASM routine that displays the items in the totals menu.

There are two loops. A loop that checks the amount of each item in the totals menu. If > 0 it will create a slot in the totals menu for that item. The next loop also checks the item amount and if it's > 0 it will load the image for that item and the text into the proper slot.

However, it clearly only checks up to the 8th item in the totals menu (blueprints). Since the ice-key is the 9th item in the totals menu, it's not possible that the ice-key will load into the totals menu using this routine.

It makes sense too seeing as it shouldn't matter how many ice-key's you've collected (since only 1), but if you've activated some sort of trigger, or flag. I've forced the script to also load the 9th item, but it loads without a picture(probably because the script doesn't know which image to load?).

Tags
beta, dk64, sns