Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd April 2007, 08:46 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
i new it was fake, but i gave cbm the benifit of the doubt so yeh, i technically did get fooled. but imagine, one year from now in march, soimeone actually discovers something, maybe like sns really found or bk being released on ds, 99% of people will go yep rightio, pranks will not work after this year so dont try and pull another prank cuz it wont work.

but when it comes to this, i believe that sns is dead, utterly and fully. although there is a chance we will find some more small things its unlikely.

but u pissed a lot of people of CBM, and also just so people dont get mixed up on the other topic, i said CBM was a admin, i was mistaken, he isnt so sorry bout that.:o

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:01 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Come on guys, did you really get owned?

Now we didn't literally get owned, that would be... ur... yeah...

Goodbye from the forums CBM, just an official one from the forums. We'll at least still talk through aim.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:03 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Thumbs down

Personally, I'm a little ticked. Tricking people into believing that you've found something and getting their hopes up is really not cool. But also I believe you defended your claim too harshly and that is why people never attempted to disprove you. Had you not said something like "Shut up all you people who say its not real it is!!!!" people might have looked into it. But your also forgetting that some people are not as skilled as you are and they have no hope of disproving it and therefore rely on experienced people like you to make the appropriate decisions before they learn! It is not something that happens overnight, and you need to give people time to learn. If you were to do it again, leave less conflicting comments to people who didn't believe you and you might get your wish of someone proving it to be false. I'm not saying it wasn't well done. It was an excellent job, but please understand that their are people out there who are nuts over this whole thing.

-Airmano

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:08 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Well, thanks for trying to teach me a lesson and for preaching a gigantic sermon to me, but the time I spend on the RWP is not a waste of time.

There was no way we could prove you wrong unless we actually learned hacking (and probably ASM) and that would take months, maybe even years.
I'm not sure what you were trying to prove, but anyway, we'll miss ya.
Good bye and good luck on your future projects.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:12 AM
The Hero of the Hour

I don't know whats more annoying. The fact that this whole thing was a fake, or the fact that I defended CoolBoyMan.

Oh yeah, and good luck in the future CoolBoyMan. In light of my previous post I know your still a nice guy. Goodbye from the forums

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:15 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
I defended him too until the music part, then everything sort of started to seem suspicious, then I changed my mind and went back to defending him.
I guess this proves I'm not just stupid, I'm stupid and also insecure and I switch to whoever's side seems more likely to win.
I guess I'm stupid, insecure, and a coward.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:15 AM
Clanker

That was hilarious.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:18 AM
The Hero of the Hour

No, No! don't forget you weren't the only one who did that. Lots of people switched sides constantly. I thought you were one of the more stable persons . I'm not going to lose sleep over this or anything, but it was pretty annoying! But then again lifes not always fair and I guess we just have to accept that

It was hilarious? In what possible way could you find that funny?

Last edited by Airman; 2nd April 2007 at 09:20 AM.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:21 AM
Jinjo

Well, I think alot of people owes Mr. BloodXP an apology for whining about me being skeptic =] Seriously, this was too easy to tell from the beginning, the heavily edited save states, the stone key, a brown egg and most of all lack of description of how he found the eggs... So many of the forumers here are just TOO gullible. Good work CBM

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:24 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Yes good job CoolBoyMan I feel like an idiot are you happy now?

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:31 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodXP
Well, I think alot of people owes Mr. BloodXP an apology for whining about me being skeptic =] Seriously, this was too easy to tell from the beginning, the heavily edited save states, the stone key, a brown egg and most of all lack of description of how he found the eggs... So many of the forumers here are just TOO gullible. Good work CBM
I doubt you would get an apology after insulting the forumers. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman
Yes good job CoolBoyMan I feel like an idiot are you happy now?
That wasn't the point of the joke. Come on, that just proves you learned next to nothing. CBM won't be happy because you are an idiot, he would be happy if you are not an idiot.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:32 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
...................what?.......................... .... ................................................. YOU'RE LEAVING?! GOD MY LIFE SUCKS! Good prank though. Now I'll just have to top it !

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:43 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
That wasn't the point of the joke. Come on, that just proves you learned next to nothing. CBM won't be happy because you are an idiot, he would be happy if you are not an idiot.
Dude, it's impossible to prove the Orange Egg reference (that some Rare employee called Andy made) was a hoax.
It was impossible to prove that the brown egg was fake without knowing ASM, and it was impossible to prove the GGM music was fake without knowing Gold Jinjo (which fortunately I did).

And if you dared question any of his "discoveries" he would yell at you until you felt sorry for even thinking about it in the first place.
This was all about CBM fukcing with our minds so he could have a good laugh.

Old 2nd April 2007, 09:54 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
wait, CBM's leaving???? i thought he was just leaving this thread not the forums??? dam, thats a downer, but still AFJ's just make people feel like idiots, not teach them anything.

Old 2nd April 2007, 10:02 AM
Holy thunderforce

INFECTED - B2K1 
meh =/ in my view it isn't funny once you get caught, and it was on february when people told it was afj, doesn't matter if they just say ajf instead of aporting evidence, the joke is spilled, because it wasn't just one member, it was like the majority of them (at least counting the half true-half hoax ones). But if you say that's wat the prank consisted in then good for you.
congrats on getting rare to help you without requesting it, at least that proves they do look at the forum, even on the stupid theories and such.

To all the people who went "UHHH CBM will never lie to us you *** I say itz th3 R€4LL answ3rr tu sumzing!!" I just have to say "duh =___="

Apart from that, sad thing you're leaving =(
edit (unless it's another joke as a final afj blow of course)