Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 8th August 2008, 04:25 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofall View Post
I'd have it ported to the Wii.
microsoft bought rare, so that's not gonna happen =/

Old 8th August 2008, 04:38 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect 01 View Post
More cameos.

And I don't even know how many there are yet.

But Rare cameos are the best. And there can never be enough.
N64 AT BANJO'S HOUSE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

is that a cameo?

Old 8th August 2008, 12:58 PM
Dingpot

Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
You see, the thing I loved about the Banjo-Kazooie series was navigating through various worlds to collect items to move on to the next level, fight bosses (even though they weren't plentiful), defeat the witch and so on and so forth. I love games like that. I'm not saying Nuts & Bolts is anywhere bad, I'm just saying that the atmosphere doesn't feel like the way it used to be.
how is it not? i'm pretty positive that BK:NB will have the exact same feel. You still navigate through the worlds, you still collect items for challenges, you still fight bosses, etc. Also, the worlds are 10 times bigger than past BK levels, meaning much, much, MUCH more to explore.

Old 8th August 2008, 02:34 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
You see, the thing I loved about the Banjo-Kazooie series was navigating through various worlds to collect items to move on to the next level, fight bosses (even though they weren't plentiful), defeat the witch and so on and so forth. I love games like that. I'm not saying Nuts & Bolts is anywhere bad, I'm just saying that the atmosphere doesn't feel like the way it used to be.
Yeah, who's saying you don't do all these things in N&B?

Old 8th August 2008, 03:17 PM
Favorite Departed Member ('13 - 14)

Total Awards: 3
Reminiscence RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by corban123
Uh isnt BK N&B just like this.... You travel through various worlds still, but your riding something that aint kazooie. You still collect jiggies and notes, you still fight bosses, and you still fight grunty.... >_>
This isn't a "Bash N&B" thread or a "Defend N&B" thread, so stop. We're simply discussing what we would change about N&B if we could. It's hypothetical. Stop trying to turn this into a damn debate.

Old 8th August 2008, 03:45 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Nothing, seeing as I have not played it and it could end up being great just the way it is. I would change things in games I've already played and beaten fully, like Super Mario Galaxy, but you'd have to be pretty close minded and, let's be honest, dumb to change a game you've never played, let alone judge it or complain about it on the internet like Francis from Super Paper Mario.

Anyway...

Old 8th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzz View Post
honestly, I won't care about the vehicles if it makes it feel like you're still doing everything like how it was in banjo kazooie/tooie, but if it completely changes the whole game from what we all loved to some new game then i;ll get mad
Quote:
It's really going to be the same, though! We'll still collect items, explore worlds, fight bosses, etc. except now we just see a vehicle running aroud doing those things, rather than a naked Banjo and Kazooie. And we earn moves by finding the necessary parts or buying them. Plus we can all unleash out creativity on Banjo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo nerd View Post
Less regulated platforming.
...Except I thought the idea was that you can play the game however you can figure it out... I didn't think it was so much regulated as requiring creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjo View Post
This isn't a "Bash N&B" thread or a "Defend N&B" thread, so stop. We're simply discussing what we would change about N&B if we could. It's hypothetical. Stop trying to turn this into a damn debate.
Well when you've got different opinions, a debate will happen. As long as nobody's being an a**hole, It's a good thing. Besides, he was only trying to let someone know that the thing they want changed is already the way they want.

Last edited by Mister Mxyzptlk; 8th August 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Old 8th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
I wish they could change ... Wait is not even out yet

I would say the models ( is the only thing you can look at now) but i trust Rare and i start liking them

Old 8th August 2008, 03:59 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Just, more platforming bits. 20% of this game is supposed to be platforming, I'd change it up to 50-50 if I was with Rare.

Old 8th August 2008, 04:02 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Well, it's 20% platforming and 80% vehicular platforming... You're still playing a platformer the whole time.

I'd say maybe 73% and 27% for me though.

As it has been said before, I'm gonna wait until I actually play the game to make any big decisions about it.

Old 14th August 2008, 09:08 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofall View Post
I'd have it ported to the Wii.
If Banjo Kazooie was one the wii, the gameplay would suck with the Wii-mote...

Old 15th August 2008, 03:44 AM
Dingpot

I'd change the characters to new creations. It looks to be a great game but to me, not a Banjo-Kazooie game.

Old 15th August 2008, 04:58 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mxyzptlk View Post
Well, it's 20% platforming and 80% vehicular platforming... You're still playing a platformer the whole time.

I'd say maybe 73% and 27% for me though.

As it has been said before, I'm gonna wait until I actually play the game to make any big decisions about it.
actually, some of the interviews were different. one person estimated that its a 30-70 split, so im guessing it really just depends on how u play the game.

anyway, the main thing i want is the talon trot, (just so u could go faster on foot) as well as some of the old basic jump and beak attack moves.

Old 16th August 2008, 09:16 AM
Clanker

More moves for Banjo and Kazooie, make it platforming, drop all this vehicle designing and make a spin-off for vehicles. For a continuation of the main series, the winning formula that's worked before should be used again, this time in HD. Since I'm not getting that I'd like retro levels galore and plenty of easter eggs.

Old 16th August 2008, 08:27 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
The objectives, they sound generic.

The HUD, it's lame, boring, and looks like it could of been done in paint. Especially during objectives.

More classic platforming. I'm fine with the vehicles, but a LITTLE more classic style platforming would of been nice, as well as some more moves as well. I would of been fine with a 40/60 ratio, 40% classic 60% new.

Tags
banjo, bk3, change, kazooie

User Tag List