Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2024, 07:28 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
I don't understand

So uh, hey guys. Idk if this comes as a surprise or w/e but I actually stopped gaming in 2013, and haven't touched any video games since then, with only like, maybe 4 exceptions. And for the past 7-ish years in particular the number of games I've touched is literally zero. I like to stay vaguely informed about certain franchises, but I'm out of the loop, and I'm pretty sure the last video game I ever played was Pokemon Sun.

So I never touched the Switch, and I must ask, since I'm just finding out about it: What the hell is this??

Why the crap is the A button over there. Are they insane? Why would any functional human ever choose to stray from the "A is the jump button" design philosophy? Who the hell thinks it's intuitive to jump using the B button? Why hasn't Nintendo gone bankrupt over this controller design decision?

I just fundamentally don't understand this world I live in anymore.

Last edited by qwertykins76; 15th February 2024 at 07:30 PM.

Old 15th February 2024, 08:04 PM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
All I can say is WTF.

I'm in a sort of similar situation to you, I haven't really been involved with gaming much in the past 10+ years. And I can understand that things evolve over time, I can't change that, it's just something I gotta accept.

But what fr*cks me up is, as I'm looking up images of old controllers to compare, APPARENTLY they have retroactively changed around the button placements on EVERY SNES CONTROLLER ON THE INTERNET to look like the current Switch buttons!! Seriously, go Google it or Bing it or DuckDuckGo it yourself if you don't believe me. This is like some George Lucas sh*te.

Here's the new SNES controller they released with the Switch. Same button layout as the Switch controller. Yeah it's a SWITCH all right, they SWITCHed around the A and B buttons.

But that's not what's crazy. This picture is from WIKI PEDIA DOT COM which tells you how deep this goes. Remember your beloved Super Nintendo controller from the early 90s looking like THIS??

Is this some kind of Berenstein Bears Mandela Effect?? Or am I going crazy. This is not the Super Nintendo I remember. I have never heard anyone else point this out so thank you for bringing it to my attention qwerty. I want to at least go mod the Wiki page to get a proper picture there.

Old 15th February 2024, 08:04 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 

Old 15th February 2024, 08:08 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 

Old 15th February 2024, 08:15 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
You're only proving my rage is more justified than I thought it was. How far humankind has strayed from the light, how long have we been eating dirt, wallowing in disgrace

Old 15th February 2024, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertykins76 View Post
You're only proving my rage is more justified than I thought it was. How far humankind has strayed from the light, how long have we been eating dirt, wallowing in disgrace

Closed Thread

Tags
lol tags

User Tag List