Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 22nd June 2020, 04:54 PM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Airplane View Post
I beat FFVII Remake tonight. I had a good time.

I don't understand how adults can play a game for 65hours straight. I did it tonight and I feel miserable.

Honestly fitting 65 hours into a single night may seem like a smart and more efficient way to play, but in order to really take in the full experience it's something you have to acclimatize to. I recommend starting with about a 20 hour session in one night, running three monitors at once to really make sure you're taking in every detail. Not to mention finding time to sleep, eat and occasionally work/pay bills.

It's a long and arduous road, but soon enough you'll be blasting through the Final Fantasy chronology every other week. I believe in you, time is just a social construct after all

They/Them

Old 23rd June 2020, 02:22 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
good vid, really elaboates how the slope gets slippery in a way that makes sense to
someone who wouldn't know why you'd drop a considerable amount of money on a jpeg

Old 24th June 2020, 12:43 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 25th June 2020, 01:01 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Been playing Samurai Showdown (2019)
Warden, a dude in heavy armor from the game For Honor, came out today, and he's really simple to understand. And that's good because I'm still just trying to control fighting games.

Just as I get an idea how to play Warden though, I really want to play Darli now because hot damn

Old 26th June 2020, 12:03 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Decided to stop running from Sekiro and put some time into it in the last few weeks. After realizing I was at a huge disadvantage coming straight off of a Dark Souls trilogy marathon, I slowly got used to the combat in this game and now I'm really starting to enjoy this game. I finally got to the "casual filter" boss early on and despite getting my ass kicked repeatedly I had a lot of fun learning the combat. I love how if you just essentially do what the game wants you to, it actually looks really cool and like I know what I'm doing.

Still a very frustrating game, but it's finally starting to click for me.

Old 26th June 2020, 03:50 PM
Chasing Childhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snix View Post
good vid, really elaboates how the slope gets slippery in a way that makes sense to
someone who wouldn't know why you'd drop a considerable amount of money on a jpeg
The only gacha I've given any serious time is One Piece Treasure Cruise. Even as a F2P game I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it, but the allure of spending some cash to get premium currency to roll for higher units is always there. Only thing that stops me is how absurdly expensive it is. Think it works out to be about 60 bucks Canadian to get 11 characters, of which maybe 1 or 2 are usable lmao

They/Them

Old 26th June 2020, 04:15 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Years ago I whaled in FGO, and it was a borderline traumatic experience. But spending $300 to get a character I didn’t even want has stopped me from ever putting money down on rolls since.

Though for a while I've had a problem where i’d no longer want to play a gachs game, but l’d force myself to log in every morning for the free shot because I couldn't let all the work I put into it go to waste. I'm kind of over know though because I don't think about what big dicked units I've earned and level any other time of the day.

I started the smt mobage a couple weeks ago, but I'm already getting bored of it, so I'll probably uninstall it while I'm ahead. Plu I've been waiting for SiNoAlice, the Yoko Taro mobage, to com put for more than a year, and that's finally being released in less than a week. And I don't want to be obligated to more than one mobage at a time. Though I might keep Arknights around, since it’s legitimately a pretty fun game.

Old 26th June 2020, 04:25 PM
a banana peel

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! RWP Podcast Rarity Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm getting into my first Gacha, which is YuGiOh Duel Links. But they seem to hand out rare cards like candy.

Old 26th June 2020, 04:40 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I played duel links for a while, it's pretty fun. And yeah, I never had a problem getting new cards. I put together a pretty fun gimmick deck with like three phoenixes, and a trap card that I think sends all cards to the graveyard when activated. The trap would activated, kill everything. Phoenix is resummoned when sent to the grave yard, and does damage to everything on the field, this depleting the other players health points, or so this like that. It's been a couple years, so I can't remember how it worked or what I used exactly.

anyway, due links is also fun if you grew up watching the dub. They bring back the four kids cast, and they haven't changed a bit.

Old 26th June 2020, 05:29 PM
Chasing Childhood

This has definitely piqued my interest then. I've been talking about messing around with YuGiOh again for ages but seeing how silly it's gotten with mechanics and such was always a turn off. Maybe this will be a nice toe dipping for me haha. Anything to try and move me away from Hearthstone and supporting Blizzard.

In terms of Gacha stuff overall tho, I have had my own brief run-ins with gambling and can see how quickly it can devolve into degeneracy. So I keep myself very much at an arms length when it comes to spending money on something designed to begin that positive feedback loop. But they are fun and collecting waifus is great lmao

They/Them

Old 26th June 2020, 06:45 PM
a banana peel

A friend turned me on to Duel Links by pointing out its neat speed dueling format, where there's only 3 monster spaces and 3 spell spaces, life points are at 4000, and minimum deck size is 20.

Old 26th June 2020, 07:06 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 27th June 2020, 05:33 AM
a banana peel

Oh No, When Did My Duel Links Get So Attractive!?

Old 27th June 2020, 07:21 AM
Chasing Childhood

Ah **** I'll download it before bed tonight, that sounds like a damn good gacha game lmao

They/Them

Old 29th June 2020, 12:37 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Working through that massive itch.io bundle of stuff, I've played Signs of the Sojourner. It's like an abstract conversation simulator, I guess, where the main gameplay loop is using your constantly updating deck to create chains of matching symbols with the other characters in the game. Started off slow, but it really opens up to a lot of interesting choices and possible story threads as you get into it. Looking forward to replaying through that one and making different choices. Every single decision I made felt weighty. Successes and failures felt earned, and a result of the options I took. Would absolutely recommend giving it a go. A single playthrough is only a few hours.

User Tag List