Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 10th July 2014, 05:32 AM
Glowbo

Questions about the 007/PD Face Mapper

Hi! I just learned about the 007 and Perfect Dark Face Mapper tool and I find it pretty awesome that you can change the face of the characters in game to custom ones. Now I know that these tools have been around since 2004 and I doubt anyone cares much about this since most people create custom levels and missions for both these games.

But for the people who still do custom faces for GE/PD, I just have one question. I am using the Project64 007 Face Mapper tool, found it on Zophar, and I read the readme, saying that I need to be in a level, create a savestate and then load that savestate into the Face Mapper, but I can't seem to get it to work. I create a save state using Project 64, in a level, often using Save As... and try to name it Blah.pj, but I always seem to get it as a zip file instead. The tool will read the files, but everytime I try to load it, I keep getting "Not a valid GE PJ64 file!"

What does the save file have to look like in order for the tool to load the textures?

Old 10th July 2014, 11:05 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Note up front: I have no idea what is actually wrong, this is just me spouting what I think it might be.

Could it be that Project64, which has received quite significant updates since 2004, might simply outputting their gamesaves a little different from how it used to? It might be that the face changer cannot read it because the way it saves games might be altered.

Again though, I don't know anything about this, you'd need to ask a better man
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 10th July 2014, 08:17 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Where is SubDrag when you need him.

Old 11th July 2014, 01:10 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Under advanced settings in PJ64, you can disable automatically compressing save states. Or if you still have your zip, unzip it, and load the .pj inside.

Note that if you are not doing console, the face mapper is superceded by the GoldenEye Setup Editor ( http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=37 ), which lets you permanently edit textures in a ROM.

Tags
goldeneye 007

User Tag List