Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 6th October 2008, 04:37 PM
Glowbo

N&B+BK will have the 10 year old SNS

Ok, people have been saying that nuts and bolts will have some sort of different SNS that is different from the way it was 10 years ago.

Im pleased to say, the way to unlock SNS and the secrets it will reveal will be closer than we assumed...WP: Stop 'n' Swop is actually finally working after 10 years?

GM: There's kind of a version of Stop 'n' Swop. I mean, anyone that follows it to the degree that some of the fans have will know that obviously the original Stop 'n' Swop was impossible to do because of the hardware, different types of hardware. We've brought Stop 'n' Swop back to life and kind of tried to get it as close to what it would have been all those years ago. It's just something for the fans, and it ties the games neatly together for those people, and those who are playing the original Banjo on Xbox Live Arcade will be able to find a few new bits and pieces in Nuts & Bolts that people who don't, won't. It's just a nice addition to have, and I think for some people, it'll just be a nice that we've actually tied up a few loose ends after 10 years.

Source
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=56368

Old 6th October 2008, 05:46 PM
Glowbo

Yes, i thought it would be something completely different! So, I'm not understanding something, Is he saying that SNS is vehicle parts, or are those parts something different you get just for playing B-K XBLA and is not SNS?

Old 6th October 2008, 06:45 PM
Best Username

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
No, it is something completely different than what it originally was. It originally was meant to connect BK and BT, but now it connects BK and BK:N&B. It doesn't tie up the lose endsthe same way it originally was supposed to.

Old 6th October 2008, 07:01 PM
Jinjo

It connects thing aswell as its going till until Tooie live comes out.

(Woo 50th post.)

Old 6th October 2008, 07:07 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Let me explain...

People want to know what the secret items would unlock. Which is not something that Nuts N Bolts will explain with it's secret vehicle parts.

What people want to know is:

a) The prizes (I personally believe they were what we got in BT already.)
b) How were we to obtain the SC codes in Banjo-Tooie.

Those are loose ends that we probably can't tie up unless Rare gives us the answer in Nuts N Bolts or Banjo-Tooie. At the moment. It looks like neither of those will be explained in NB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
There's kind of a version of Stop 'n' Swop. I mean, anyone that follows it to the degree that some of the fans have will know that obviously the original Stop 'n' Swop was impossible to do because of the hardware, different types of hardware.
Right here he states that it will be slightly different because of the way they will do it due to the hardware. This time they will have to use Save Files instead of Ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
We've brought Stop 'n' Swop back to life and kind of tried to get it as close to what it would have been all those years ago. It's just something for the fans, and it ties the games neatly together for those people, and those who are playing the original Banjo on Xbox Live Arcade will be able to find a few new bits and pieces in Nuts & Bolts that people who don't, won't.
Basically XBLA users will be able to unlock extra secrets (vehicle parts) in NB that people without can't. They are just reviving the concept of being able to Share data between Game A and Game B by completing certain tasks in each game that affect the other. They just want to demonstrate for the people who don't already know, how it would be done.

Old 6th October 2008, 09:06 PM
Glowbo

Ok, so let me get this straight: The original SNS content will be in the form of vehicle parts in Nuts & Bolts?

Old 7th October 2008, 01:30 AM
Best Username

RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo-Mumbo View Post
Ok, so let me get this straight: The original SNS content will be in the form of vehicle parts in Nuts & Bolts?
most likely, yes.