Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #961  
Old 16th January 2015, 04:11 AM
DarthConker's Avatar
DarthConker DarthConker is offline
Quote of the Year '10 - '11
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
If it was middle school then it was probably FS2002 or FS2004. What I'm running is Flight Simulator X, and that's actually with the graphics set to ultra high.

I wish I had an aviation class when I was in middle school. All we had was a shop class where we had to construct tiny wooden cars using only dull coping saws.
My middle school was a shithole, so they decided it to rebrand it as an 'aviation and military academy'. The aviation class was just learning the terminology of airplanes and the pilot's alphabet. The rest of the time was spent with everyone dicking around on the flight sims, where we had to beat the missions and record our progress for a grade. Towards the end the teacher said **** it and just let us do the multiplayer the whole time cause one kid found out how to shoot down other planes (I think you had to select one of the fighter jets, then keep another plane in your crosshair for a few seconds).
Reply With Quote


  #962  
Old 16th January 2015, 08:21 AM
Andre's Avatar
Andre Andre is offline
North American Scum
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: San Francisco
Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
My middle school was a shithole, so they decided it to rebrand it as an 'aviation and military academy'. The aviation class was just learning the terminology of airplanes and the pilot's alphabet. The rest of the time was spent with everyone dicking around on the flight sims, where we had to beat the missions and record our progress for a grade. Towards the end the teacher said **** it and just let us do the multiplayer the whole time cause one kid found out how to shoot down other planes (I think you had to select one of the fighter jets, then keep another plane in your crosshair for a few seconds).
That sounds like the best god damn class of all time.
__________________
POPPLIO 2020 | MAKE AMERICA POPPLIO AGAIN
- Facebook -- Twitter -- RT -- #MonetizeThoseTeens -- LinkedIn -- Email -- Reddit -
Reply With Quote


  #963  
Old 19th January 2015, 01:26 AM
Esteban Colberto's Avatar
Esteban Colberto Esteban Colberto is offline
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories might actually be one of the worst games I've ever played.
Reply With Quote


  #964  
Old 19th January 2015, 01:39 AM
Esteban Colberto's Avatar
Esteban Colberto Esteban Colberto is offline
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, I quit. Every level is exactly the same. Every fight is the same. Every boss fight is the same, you just have to let them pummel you to death to figure out that the cards you were using weren't the right ones. Leveling up seems almost pointless. The battle system is repetitive and overcomplicated without being fun or engaging. It feels like someone put this pointless barrier between me and my Kingdom Hearts Action-RPG gameplay. The difficulty is all over the place. I'll die three times to one boss and beat the next no problem. On top of that It's a complete rehash of the first game minus the bigger budget, voice acting, and any of the Disney worlds being in any way relevant or charming or fun. The thin story is stretched to its limit and comes in five minute intervals between hour-long worlds and it's all set in the same drab white setting. We get no sense of the Organizations larger aspirations (they're handled way better in Kingdom Hearts 2), just this small treason plot which we can't appreciate because characters we don't know and can't care about flit in and out of existence depending on what the plot calls for. It's a repetitive, boring, too simple yet confusing mess of a game and I'm done with it. The only good bits are those cutscenes with Donald, Goofy, Sora and Jiminy. They only included 358/2 Days cutscenes in the HD remaster because the game was crap. Well, they should've done that with this middling entry too.

And the voice actor for Larxene is annoying.

Last edited by Esteban Colberto; 19th January 2015 at 01:41 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #965  
Old 19th January 2015, 01:51 AM
The Banjonator's Avatar
The Banjonator The Banjonator is offline
Humba Wumba
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miami
Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Chain or memories and re:coded are the only kh games I never finished. And that's really saying something. So repetitive and so boring.
__________________
"Being the Bara King that you are." ~Smouvy
Reply With Quote


  #966  
Old 19th January 2015, 02:23 AM
The Colonel's Avatar
The Colonel The Colonel is offline
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: this chair
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Super Mario Bros. is a pretty good game but the later levels are way too frustrating for my tastes and I honestly kind of really hate the momentum of the movement, it feels way too heavy. Also, Wario is not in it. 1/10.
Reply With Quote


  #967  
Old 19th January 2015, 03:33 AM
DementedSun's Avatar
DementedSun DementedSun is offline
Formerly Chilli
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Paradise Falls
Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
Yeah, I quit. Every level is exactly the same. Every fight is the same. Every boss fight is the same, you just have to let them pummel you to death to figure out that the cards you were using weren't the right ones. Leveling up seems almost pointless. The battle system is repetitive and overcomplicated without being fun or engaging. It feels like someone put this pointless barrier between me and my Kingdom Hearts Action-RPG gameplay. The difficulty is all over the place. I'll die three times to one boss and beat the next no problem. On top of that It's a complete rehash of the first game minus the bigger budget, voice acting, and any of the Disney worlds being in any way relevant or charming or fun. The thin story is stretched to its limit and comes in five minute intervals between hour-long worlds and it's all set in the same drab white setting. We get no sense of the Organizations larger aspirations (they're handled way better in Kingdom Hearts 2), just this small treason plot which we can't appreciate because characters we don't know and can't care about flit in and out of existence depending on what the plot calls for. It's a repetitive, boring, too simple yet confusing mess of a game and I'm done with it. The only good bits are those cutscenes with Donald, Goofy, Sora and Jiminy. They only included 358/2 Days cutscenes in the HD remaster because the game was crap. Well, they should've done that with this middling entry too.

And the voice actor for Larxene is annoying.

I see the problem here. It's too hard for you . You don't have the heart of the cards. Speaking of RE:CoM, I need to finish the final level, because I've gone the entire game without dying/running and crave that trophy.
__________________
☼DementedSun☼
"I guess the only way to truly enjoy a CoD game is to be a thick-necked neanderthal bro." -Tanjo
Reply With Quote


  #968  
Old 20th January 2015, 01:23 AM
Esteban Colberto's Avatar
Esteban Colberto Esteban Colberto is offline
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
I see the problem here. It's too hard for you . You don't have the heart of the cards. Speaking of RE:CoM, I need to finish the final level, because I've gone the entire game without dying/running and crave that trophy.
I talked about the difficulty. Too hard, too easy, too repetitive and let's not forget too boring.
Reply With Quote


  #969  
Old 20th January 2015, 04:26 AM
DementedSun's Avatar
DementedSun DementedSun is offline
Formerly Chilli
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Paradise Falls
Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I died laughing from the "Penis-tipped feet" lines in Fallout New Vegas this evening. I was NOT expecting that from the Think Tanks.
__________________
☼DementedSun☼
"I guess the only way to truly enjoy a CoD game is to be a thick-necked neanderthal bro." -Tanjo
Reply With Quote


  #970  
Old 20th January 2015, 05:30 AM
The Colonel's Avatar
The Colonel The Colonel is offline
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: this chair
Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I think I've realized why I don't really enjoy the original Super Mario Bros. There are actually a lot of games that play in a very similar style that I love, but the lives system really does kill it for me. I can take brutally hard difficulty, but it's when the punishment for dying on a really hard level too much is that I have to replay another super hard level I already beat that I kind of get pissed off. Think I'll just skip to SMB3, that one's still pretty damn fun.

Last edited by The Colonel; 20th January 2015 at 05:33 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #971  
Old 20th January 2015, 05:59 AM
DarthConker's Avatar
DarthConker DarthConker is offline
Quote of the Year '10 - '11
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
I think I've realized why I don't really enjoy the original Super Mario Bros. There are actually a lot of games that play in a very similar style that I love, but the lives system really does kill it for me. I can take brutally hard difficulty, but it's when the punishment for dying on a really hard level too much is that I have to replay another super hard level I already beat that I kind of get pissed off. Think I'll just skip to SMB3, that one's still pretty damn fun.
Maybe it's because I grew up on the NES and playing those games, but SMB wasn't as difficult as you're making it sound, at least for me back then. I mean, I certainly wouldn't call it brutally difficult.

Weirdly enough I grew up with Super Ghouls n Ghosts being one of my favorite games of all time - one that I've played through hundreds of times - yet I really struggled with Dark Souls, only to get on the internet and see it's the opposite for most people.

Last edited by DarthConker; 20th January 2015 at 06:04 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #972  
Old 20th January 2015, 06:14 AM
Jinjonator's Avatar
Jinjonator Jinjonator is offline
Story of the Year '10 - '11
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
tbh the entire lives system stopped making sense the second we moved from arcade games to home consoles, and im surprised nintendo still does it.
__________________
Talk less, smile more
Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for
You wanna get ahead? Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead
Reply With Quote


  #973  
Old 20th January 2015, 05:42 PM
AndyNPC's Avatar
AndyNPC AndyNPC is offline
Von Kriplespac
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City17
Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I think lives add an element of endurance to the challenge. With lives it isn't enough to clear a challenge once, you have to be able to do it consistently. It also means you have to put proper breaks in the difficulty so it isn't like Super Meat Boy and LIMBO where every obstacle is a trial-and-error exercise in precision. Of course in modern Mario they are totally pointless since you never have to replay levels on a game over and you get a 1-up like every three picoseconds.

I wonder why a lot of people seem to like perma-death but not lives, even though lives are effectively the same thing but you get more than one mistake before you have to start over. Maybe it's just the random levels they like.
Reply With Quote


  #974  
Old 20th January 2015, 07:16 PM
Smouvy's Avatar
Smouvy Smouvy is offline
Rare Witch Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
Chain or memories and re:coded are the only kh games I never finished. And that's really saying something. So repetitive and so boring.
you kidding me? Re:Coded is like the best handheld Nintendo game except maybe Dream Drop Distance.

Whereas 358/2 Days was great in the story department but had a shitty game, Re:Coded was definitely the closest a handheld Nintendo game got to playing like a good Kingdom Hearts game (in return its story was shit). I'd say I appreciate the gameplay of Re:Coded more than even Dream Drop Distance.

Of course Birth By Sleep beats all by miles.
__________________
YouTubeFacebookTwitter 2707 - 1594 - 7655
♥,| |╮
︵(●○● )︵
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ
Reply With Quote


  #975  
Old 20th January 2015, 07:45 PM
Crystal Mech's Avatar
Crystal Mech Crystal Mech is offline
Von Kriplespac
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Shovel Knight is so goddamn amazing. It's like if Castlevania and Mega Man had a baby, froze it in time and waited for one of the slowest years for video gaming in recent memory to absolve us of 2014's sins.

I haven't had a short yet astounding experience like that since playing Portal 2 for the first time.
__________________
you gave him all of your money and then he just, went the wrong way
Reply With Quote


Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Forums powered by vBulletin® Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website © 2000-∞ The RWP