Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 11th May 2020, 06:07 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post

i love and support the appreciation of PTCG as artwork
They've actually released a couple art books in Japan for just TCG art and I'd like to get them at some point.

Actually to that end, I do own this particular book that might be of interest..

It's called "Art of the Cards" and I love it.

Old 11th May 2020, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
def

lately been playing "Worlds Format" 03-04, would love to play that 1 (it has all the e-reader sets, both WOTC and TPC, and it's balanced really well)
I'll mess around making a deck for it (probably already have at least one but it's been a while since I was on)

Old 19th May 2020, 04:25 PM
Chasing Childhood

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I had forgotten how crappy the pay-off could be for so many ritual monsters. Like yay I needed a magic card and to sacrifice all these monsters from the field to get something that might be over 2000 ATK?

This all is making me want to go back and watch Battle City over again, tho I feel like the pacing would be so slow now.

They/Them

Old 27th August 2020, 01:03 AM

I still have a few Neopets cards- mostly from cereal boxes when they did a promotion, but I think a couple were from when they had Neopets plushes as kids meal toys at McDonalds? Maybe? I certainly never looked into playing, but I liked the cart art for some of the rarer / better ones, like this one which I think came from a cereal box (not my picture)

There's a bunch of Darkest Faerie themed cards that are pretty rad and I'd like to track them down at some point.

Darkest Faerie
Darkest Faerie (another one)
Dinner is Served
Banishment
Annihilation

I'm a fan of this one because it's basically me

I really want to play the PS2 game at some point.

Old 30th August 2020, 09:08 PM

Not my picture, but I have this in a box somewhere:

I'm seeing prices between $50 and almost $800, though I doubt it's truly worth anywhere near that high. Still, kinda neat that something I got from a booster pack when I was younger might be worth something now.

Actually, it's funny because I got it around the time I got my eReader and was incredibly confused as to why I couldn't scan it into the eReader, not realizing the barcode strip wasn't, you know, a barcode strip.

Last edited by Zondekel; 30th August 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Old 14th September 2020, 03:03 PM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I think I'm not generally too interested in TCG in most cases, and I'm not generally too interested in performing Tarot in most cases, but I'm a lot more interested in the idea of using TCG cards for Tarot-like purposes

Old 22nd September 2020, 01:14 PM
Chasing Childhood

I did my first ever MTG draft last Friday with some nerd friends. Was a bit odd hanging out with a newer group of folks but I had a blast. One of the friends in question has been playing Magic for probably close on 20 years so it was more a question of how long he would let us all keep playing hahah. Drafted from the 2021 set as well as an 1100 card "Instant Collection" we picked up for cheap. Definitely makes me see the appeal of large group MTG tho.

They/Them

Old 22nd September 2020, 08:05 PM
Chasing Childhood

Noice. I know very little about the set as a whole but it was a lot of fun to draft and I managed to get a wide variety of good doggos in my Red/Green and splash of White jank lmao

They/Them

Old 19th October 2020, 03:20 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

Total Awards: 3
RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
updated my commander deck. it's an artifact deck with mana rocks and stax pieces.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/signet-stax/

the main idea is to introduce a stax element like winter orb, tangle wire, smokestack, or static orb and break parity so our opponents suffer more from those stax pieces than we do. through that we gain advantage and eventually win the game (hopefully)

Old 19th October 2020, 03:50 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

it's the most popular way to play magic for a reason.

Old 19th October 2020, 03:54 AM

"Evil deck" reminds me of a Yu-Gi-Oh deck my brother built. I couldn't tell you the names of the cards but the whole gimmick was based around a card that switched gaining and losing life points, so he'd use, like, Gift Card and other magic / trap / monster effect cards to quickly drain the opponent's life points. He had a bunch of rage quits when he tried it on the online dueling game.

Old 26th October 2020, 12:26 AM

I asked my brother what card he used because that Nurse card didn't seem familiar to me. He says it's this one, in combination with three Gift Card trap cards. Says he got banned from the site and he thinks this is why.

Old 27th October 2020, 02:45 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

It's not a TCG, but Dominion is a fun card game. Costs around 35 bux, has over ten expansions I think, if you get bored of the base game.

It's medieval themed deckbuilding game where every round you add cards to your deck, then discard your hand and draw a new one. When you run out of deck you shuffle your discard pile and that's your new deck. So your deck is constantly changing as the game goes on. It's really cool.

You win by having victory cards which are worth points when the game is over, but don't do anything during the game so they are dead draws. So they make your deck worse but you need to have them to win. It even has a randomization aspect so the "spells" available to add to your deck can be chosen randomly.

Old 24th March 2021, 05:22 AM
u ‾ ‾ u

Updated my commander deck again: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/signet-stax/

Added: mox opal, crystal vein, wasteland, lotus petal
Removed: basic lands

Old 24th March 2021, 12:16 PM
Chasing Childhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
It's not a TCG, but Dominion is a fun card game. Costs around 35 bux, has over ten expansions I think, if you get bored of the base game.

It's medieval themed deckbuilding game where every round you add cards to your deck, then discard your hand and draw a new one. When you run out of deck you shuffle your discard pile and that's your new deck. So your deck is constantly changing as the game goes on. It's really cool.

You win by having victory cards which are worth points when the game is over, but don't do anything during the game so they are dead draws. So they make your deck worse but you need to have them to win. It even has a randomization aspect so the "spells" available to add to your deck can be chosen randomly.
My friends got really really into Dominion the last 18-24 months. It is a really well designed game and I enjoy the setups that are super funky and brain burny. I have started becoming less and less interested in it over time tho, especially since it has dominated the board game rotation fairly consistently.

That being said the online implementation is browser-based, free and very well done if anyone was wanting to get a handle on the mechanics.

https://dominion.games/

They/Them

User Tag List
30-50 feral rats