Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 6th January 2015, 07:33 AM
Jinjo

Isn't Black Ops the shooter that you could play on the Xbox 360 version of Zork?

Old 6th January 2015, 08:14 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Skullgirls plays like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but with anime boobs. I am okay with this.

Also holy shit this tutorial is really good. I don't think I've ever seen a fighting game tutorial get so in-depth and manage to explain everything so clearly and concisely. This game is ****ing good, man. I might actually be able to get a grasp of fighting games for once and not be terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayMagicΓ View Post
Isn't Black Ops the shooter that you could play on the Xbox 360 version of Zork?
Yes. It's also a horrible experience to do so. Don't ever play text adventures on a shitty in-game digital keyboard.

Old 6th January 2015, 04:00 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I find this interesting. I've played through the three Modern Warfare stories before, though spaced out as they came out, and I found the story to be absolutely absymal. This isn't to say the campaigns aren't fun; I think they are actually pretty well done from an FPS perspective. MW3 though.. it was so Michael Bay I could hardly stomach it. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the comparatively more interesting Halo and Half Life universes, but I had trouble with the CoDs.
Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining in a completely mindless way. I've read similar complaints to yours about MW3 just being constant noise, but... so are the other two. Believe me, I just played them. Even the first one that gets so much praise. At least with the final entry there's a very clear direction - chase and stop Makarov - even if it's still just a bunch of shit happening.

Last edited by Esteban Colberto; 6th January 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Old 6th January 2015, 04:45 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

THIS JUST IN: Magical Pop'n is a really goddamn fun Super Famicom game and you should all play it. Got some super tight controls, fast-paced gameplay, and as an added bonus the music is good and it's goddamn cute and colorful as hell. Heard they played it at AGDQ earlier and I had no idea what it was, so I decided to give it a try and it is pretty dang good.

Old 6th January 2015, 05:03 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Skullgirls plays like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but with anime boobs. I am okay with this.

Also holy shit this tutorial is really good. I don't think I've ever seen a fighting game tutorial get so in-depth and manage to explain everything so clearly and concisely. This game is ****ing good, man. I might actually be able to get a grasp of fighting games for once and not be terrible!
Unfortunately, once you get really into it the problems MVC has become even worse in Skullgirls. A single character can get killed in 1-2 combos.

But yeah, the only fighting game tutorial that comes even close to SG's is the new KI.

Old 6th January 2015, 05:24 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I played around with solo Don't Starve for a while, so I learned a bunch of stuff that might help us not die instantly in Don't Starve Together. Anytime you're ready, Brian.
Also, anyone else got DST too so we can make it three?

Old 6th January 2015, 06:26 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I didn't know you could play it 3 player. I just got it so my gf and I can play from the Steam Winter Sale.

Old 6th January 2015, 06:36 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I played around with solo Don't Starve for a while, so I learned a bunch of stuff that might help us not die instantly in Don't Starve Together. Anytime you're ready, Brian.
Also, anyone else got DST too so we can make it three?
I'll be able to later if I'm not on the verge of passing out again tonight. Haven't had caffeine and I can't stay awake at all. Let me know if you wanna play when I sign into Steam! Might not be on until later though.

Old 6th January 2015, 06:51 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
I didn't know you could play it 3 player. I just got it so my gf and I can play from the Steam Winter Sale.
You can have as many as six players actually. Add me to your Steam friends list if you haven't already if you want to join in.

Last edited by AndyNPC; 6th January 2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I hope nobody caught what I accidently set that link to first time

Old 6th January 2015, 11:23 PM
Von Kriplespac

I forgot that night was a thing and ruined everything.

Old 7th January 2015, 09:33 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Is it bad I don't have any fun with pokemon anymore? :/

Old 7th January 2015, 06:04 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I beat MW3. Saved the world, killed too many Russians. Way over an acceptable amount.

Old 7th January 2015, 07:11 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I've been playing too much Minecraft lately. Built a mob dropper that would make about 13,000 items an hour. Sadly multiplayer limits how many mobs spawn, and how fast, so you don't nearly get as many.

I am also the Messiah of the Wasteland.

Old 8th January 2015, 07:24 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

So I just beat the story mode of Skullgirls with a couple more characters and holy shit Big Band and Peacock are amazing. Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the size of the roster just because those two are so goddamn fun and their story modes are the absolute best.

Also I've been playing through Shantae: Risky's Revenge in small doses and I'm already near the end. Goddammit, the sprite art and animation is great and the writing is fun and charming but it would be equally great to have more game in there.

Old 8th January 2015, 08:14 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
So I bought "Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom" as a small game to pacify me until my PC comes in the post.

Little did I know that I bought the strongest of the Adventure Time games. This game is a strong tribute to "A Link to the Past". But in a good way! It's got so many similar aspects I can't even keep up!

The puzzles are actually good, it has a strong sense of ADVENTURE (well, duh), and the game doesn't tell you where to go. There's no spoonfeeding shit in this game. You have to do little quests that come off as side quests, but if you do them you get a crucial item you'll need for one of the Three Temples in the game.

Basically Finn and Jake have to save 3 Princesses from their temples for some reason, and each temple has locked rooms, puzzles, a boss key, and a boss that actually tests your wits, and your combat skill. So far I've gotten into 2. Every single piece of dialogue is voice acted FULLY, but I found 2 characters so far with the wrong voice actors and it just felt... Wrong. (Marceline and Tree Trunks).

Don't get me wrong, this game has a bit of a bad side too. It almost feels slow, theres a loading time when you get to one of the three areas instead of the whole world being loaded, it's pretty hard to die unless you suck at the game or something, and Finn talking EVERY ****ING TIME you collect something is painful after awhile.

But, for an Adventure Time game by Wayforward, the asshole of the gaming industry, they decided not to **** things up for a licensed title. Which other than AT, they managed to pull off Duck Tales just fine!

I'd give this game a 7/10 so far. Haven't beaten it, but I think a 7 is all it's going to get out of me.

User Tag List