Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 29th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Honorary Most Underappreciated Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I finally, FINALLY got around to buying World of Goo on my Ipad Mini. It's such a great game. It might be one of the best puzzle games of all time. The soundtrack alone is a masterpiece. I had actually listened to the entire soundtrack before I had played the whole thing because it's just so awesome.

Old 29th January 2014, 05:06 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Finished up Infamous 2's story Monday night and plan on diving into user created content this weekend, but I squeezed in some more of the Walking Dead game and I'm still waiting for it to get enjoyable.

Old 29th January 2014, 06:37 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I beat Broken Age Act 1 yesterday! What a great game!

Old 29th January 2014, 07:09 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomjack View Post
well, I've been trying to get into Dwarf Fortress, and been playing Pokemon Y.
I swear that I really have luck on my side lately. I was trying to level up my Porygon when out of nowhere I encounter a SHINY Gothorita, I literally jumped out of my seat when I saw it. I even managed to catch it! I am in such a good mood now!
Dwarf Fortress is awesome despite I can't fully learn how to play it. If you like it you should look into a game on steam called Gnomoria. I have it and it's very similar and very relaxing.

I've been playing a lot of GTA V and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. I think Doctor Nefarious is becoming one of my favorite video game villain characters. Also have been playing almost every rogue-like on Steam because there are a TON of them and TF2.

I just played my first Mann Vs Machine match a couple days ago and was blown away. It's like a completely different game this way. I love it.

Also if it counts I have been playing my own RWP RPG I am working on if that counts as a game. Has over half an hour of gameplay so far! Really proud of myself.

Old 31st January 2014, 11:21 AM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
Chatterbox 
Well I just want to make a quick note to everyone who has a 3DS, The legend of zelda four swords anniversary addition is now free for the next 3-4 days! I'm playing that at the moment, I'm still playing Pokemon Y, I've perfected my team on there.

Old 31st January 2014, 07:47 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I've been playing Shadowrun on the SNES recently. I think it might qualify an entry in the "obscure games you obsess over thread" as it is perhaps the most immerse game I've played in a very long time.
Right now I'm trying to deal with a vampire who ***** me out of a magic fetish. Unfortunately, vampires have the distinct advantage of being invincible, so I'll have to do something about that first.

Old 31st January 2014, 07:59 PM
Forever Mental

You're Appreciated! 
I've been playing Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed, GTA V, TF2, NiGHTS into dreams... odds and ends games, really.

Old 31st January 2014, 10:44 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I've been playing Shadowrun on the SNES recently. I think it might qualify an entry in the "obscure games you obsess over thread" as it is perhaps the most immerse game I've played in a very long time.
Right now I'm trying to deal with a vampire who ***** me out of a magic fetish. Unfortunately, vampires have the distinct advantage of being invincible, so I'll have to do something about that first.
that game is ****ing great. I haven't played Returns yet (heard mixed things about it), but the SNES game is one of my favorites. not a fan of the grinding in it, but the lore of the series is what really attracted me to it anyway.

also a guy did a revamp of the original soundtrack and it sounds damn good.

Last edited by DarthConker; 31st January 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Old 1st February 2014, 01:08 AM
Jinjo

Chatterbox 
Already beat the main story of LOZ Four Swords, just need to do the Realm of Memories and the Hero's Trial.

Old 1st February 2014, 03:05 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Been messing around with Infamous 2's creation tools today. This game really could have benefited from some sort of tutorial, but at I'm happy that the game at least has something like this at all.

Old 1st February 2014, 03:32 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
that game is ****ing great. I haven't played Returns yet (heard mixed things about it), but the SNES game is one of my favorites. not a fan of the grinding in it, but the lore of the series is what really attracted me to it anyway.

also a guy did a revamp of the original soundtrack and it sounds damn good.
I really like how the game combines point-and-click adventure gameplay with RPG mechanics. It seems to me like such a logical thing to do with an RPG, yet I can't think of many other examples aside from Quest for Glory. Grinding for karma hasn't been an issue for me so far, but I am a bit tight on money as everything in the game is really expensive and the enemies don't drop much.
Only gripe I have so far is that your party members can't level up, so I'm a bit worried that Kitsune is going to fall out of usefulness real soon. Probably for the better though, since if I could upgrade her invisibility spell then I'd have effective invincibility for the whole game.

Old 1st February 2014, 05:26 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I really like how the game combines point-and-click adventure gameplay with RPG mechanics. It seems to me like such a logical thing to do with an RPG, yet I can't think of many other examples aside from Quest for Glory. Grinding for karma hasn't been an issue for me so far, but I am a bit tight on money as everything in the game is really expensive and the enemies don't drop much.
Only gripe I have so far is that your party members can't level up, so I'm a bit worried that Kitsune is going to fall out of usefulness real soon. Probably for the better though, since if I could upgrade her invisibility spell then I'd have effective invincibility for the whole game.
yeah that's what I meant by grinding. I had to grind a lot in the arena to get money, and occasionally grind regular enemies for rare money drops. I also ended up buying a shitty pistol my first playthrough which I realized was a waste cause if you don't buy the one shotgun (the best weapon) then you're ****ed unless you love trying to scrounge up more money. I liked the point and click control scheme but it takes getting used to on the SNES. I dunno how Returns did it but if they had the point and click like on the SNES except you can move with wasd while using mouse to aim that would be pretty neato.

Old 1st February 2014, 07:14 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Living and breathing Starbound and Minecraft lately.

Old 1st February 2014, 12:29 PM
u ‾ ‾ u

RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox View Post
I've been TRYING to play Oracle of Ages but I completely forgot about the Goron Dance that I have to do to make progress in the damn game.
How is Oracle of Ages? I have Oracle of Seasons and it's one of my favorite game boy games. But I never got around to buying both of them like Nintendo wanted me to do.

Old 1st February 2014, 01:54 PM
Formerly Vampy

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I've been playing Skyrim with my boyfriend. We have two tv's set up so we are playing right next to each other. Though he just bought the legendary edition so I am considering restarting my games so I can play that version. (Im playing on ps3 he's on Xbox).

Its really ****ing fun though im a Kajeet thief and I want to be a werewolf aswell so its why I am considering switching because legendary edition gives you more skills and stuff that makes vampires and werewolves a class or skill set basically

User Tag List