Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 31st July 2006, 08:00 PM
Glowbo

How SNS Would Work If...

Wow. I didn't think my account was still here. Nor do I remember posting.

Anyway, and now this is just pure speculation, but it would absolutely never happen due to many circumstances. One being that, well...Rare is with Microsoft. And I don't think Mircosoft would do this sort of thing or not. But if Rare was with Nintendo, well, maybe. But this is just speculation as to how Rare would be able to work SNS again. If they ever wanted to. Ahem. Anyway.

What if Rare were to remake Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie for the Gamecube? Like, put them both on one game disc *like how Nintendo did it with Zelda OoT and it's Master Quest, then eventually did MM*, and redo some of the game's features so that it would be capable of doing SNS?

It would work like this. You turn on the game and you have the choice of either playing BK or BT. Now when you beat BK, and have gotten a bit far into BT enough, you will be given the option to perform a Stop N Swop. Selecting this feature would open up a menu in which it will show what items you got from the two games, and depending on what it asks you to do, you will be prompt to perform SNS. What would happen, is that the items would be transferred to the other game, and whatever magical effect they would have would happen *Bottles Revenge, new game areas, etc*. And the same thing would happen if stuff goes into BK *new abilities, perhaps real ways into obtaining secret items, that stuff*.

Since the Gamecube has more capabilities than the N64, Rare would of been able to do things that they possibly couldn't of done in the previous game. Heck, this would be the perfect way to release worlds like Mount Fire Eyes, or Fungus Forest. Incomplete projects would be complete again, and the whole SNS thing would be settled once and for all.

But this is just pure speculation. It would never happen unless Rare just up and return to Nintendo. But one can dream. This maybe stupid but, yeah...

Well now that I've posted, might as well hang around. Maybe pop open the old games again *too bad I don't have Gameshark anymore..or I'd be playing Bottles Revenge*.

Old 31st July 2006, 08:44 PM
Clanker

In my opinion, no.

The ywould have made it long ago I think sns is dead to nintendo

Old 31st July 2006, 10:23 PM
Grunty's Reject

So the reason SNS will never work is because rare as switched between nintendo and M$?

That explains why I can never find that $20 I buried in the yard, I moved into my older brothers room.

Old 1st August 2006, 12:45 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Pwned.

No, I'm sure Rareware could re-make SnS if they wanted to, it would be uber easy on the 360. Any idea how powerful that thing is? I doubt Micro$oft would keep them from it, as long as the game gets sales.

Old 1st August 2006, 04:21 AM
Glowbo

that could probably happen, but with the 360. maybe they could do different discs, like release updated versions of BK nd BT on the 360 nd have SNS in them, nd a year or so later release BK3, nd have SNS available through all the games. a cool feature would be to have a menu where you could bring a certain ammount of items to the other game(s) like jiggies, music notes, ect. ect. wow i just WOWED myslelf. lol. how cool would it be if this happened? and rare could pull it off because even though the orriginal games were on a nintendo system, rare still owns the rights to the games nd all that stuff... i think. if any1 knows for sure about the ownership of all the rights between rare and nintendo, can they clear it up for me?

Old 1st August 2006, 05:58 PM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Actually, I think that SnS could function on the 360 thru the harddrive, bu storing some kind of data, a code on it that could somehow be loaded into the other game. They'd both have to be in production around the same time though to get all the programming right. Of course, we have no idea if this will ever happen...

Old 2nd August 2006, 03:49 PM
Clanker

Heh, let's just dont talk about xbox bk-bt hacking or microshaft will say noes