Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 24th July 2008, 09:11 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Mother 3 fan translation nearing completion...

Seriously, you'd think Nintendo would just release it in english after seeing how dedicated us fans are... http://mother3.fobby.net/2008/07/22/...ne-whats-next/

Old 24th July 2008, 10:17 PM
Formerly SolarBoyMatt

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I can't wait for it either! I check almost every day for updates pretty much. Even though I couldn't read it, Mother 3 is one my favorite games of all time. I can only imagine how much more I'll enjoy it when I can read it.

Old 24th July 2008, 10:37 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
this'll be cool, i got Mother 1+2 yesterday and although i can't understand a damn word of it, i'm really enjoying it. So an english verion of a mother game is always a great bonus

Old 24th July 2008, 10:40 PM
Glowbo

Wow, I own the game (bought it while I was on exchange in tokyo) and should totally be helping with this...Ive beat it a couple times, and im fluent...Hmm...

Old 24th July 2008, 11:25 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
I'm not a fan if the series, but it is sad when fans can get something done like this before Nintendo.

Old 25th July 2008, 01:02 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanzanic Decay View Post
Wow, I own the game (bought it while I was on exchange in tokyo) and should totally be helping with this...Ive beat it a couple times, and im fluent...Hmm...
Actually the translation was the easiest part, the thing that's making it take so long is coding it into the game.

Old 25th July 2008, 01:09 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 5
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Yeah, I love this game. It is the best game I have played in my entire life, no joke.

Every day I check their progress on this game, and every day I'm pleasantly surprised how much work they've put into this.

I beat this game using a translation guide, and even though I wasn't able to talk to every NPC, because the guide was a bit linear, I still had a blast.

Without a doubt, everyone should try this game. It requires no knowledge of the previous ones (although it would add to the experience) and it is just incredible.

Old 25th July 2008, 01:10 AM
Retired

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Does it still use the crappy "First Person" perspective that Earthbound did?

Here's a better question: Is it better than Earthbound? That game was just uninteresting to me when I first tried it, all those years ago...

Old 25th July 2008, 01:13 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 5
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Well, let me put it this way. Super Mario RPG was my favorite game at first, with Earthbound being my second. Mother 3 came out of nowhere and beat them both down with a stick.

And what do you mean by "First Person"? Do you mean top-down view? In that case, yes, but it's improved more because the camera is tilted a bit, and now you can run and dash, etc.

You should give Earthbound another chance. The first time I played it, I hated it, then I tried it again on my PSP and loved it.

Old 25th July 2008, 01:49 AM
Formerly SolarBoyMatt

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
Does it still use the crappy "First Person" perspective that Earthbound did?

Here's a better question: Is it better than Earthbound? That game was just uninteresting to me when I first tried it, all those years ago...
Although it's much more serious and emotional than Earthbound, it still retains the same charm that Earthbound has. But since you don't like Earthbound I highly doubt you'll like it...

Old 25th July 2008, 02:00 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxAuthor View Post
Seriously, you'd think Nintendo would just release it in english after seeing how dedicated us fans are...
you seem to think that nintendo still cares about their hardcore audience.

Old 25th July 2008, 02:23 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoniteJinjo View Post
Well, let me put it this way. Super Mario RPG was my favorite game at first, with Earthbound being my second. Mother 3 came out of nowhere and beat them both down with a stick.

And what do you mean by "First Person"? Do you mean top-down view? In that case, yes, but it's improved more because the camera is tilted a bit, and now you can run and dash, etc.

You should give Earthbound another chance. The first time I played it, I hated it, then I tried it again on my PSP and loved it.
I'll give Earthbound another chance. When I first played it, I was about 10, so my opinion could change. I'll probably use an emulat- I MEAN TRACK DOWN THE ORIGNAL SNES CART, though I might end up buying it on VC.

This is what I meant by first person, btw.

However this won't stop me from pointlessly saying the game sucks.

EDIT: With Mother 3 coming out in America/Europe/Australia... if it does, which I have the distinct feeling that it will, Nintendo will probably pull a Phoenix Wright on us and have it made for the DS.

Last edited by Avarice; 25th July 2008 at 02:32 AM.

Old 25th July 2008, 05:43 AM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
It does use first person battles, yes. I know, it's kinda awkward at first, but you can get used to it.

Though, in Mother 3, the characters do appear above their health when they attack (or something to that extent, can't remember exactly).

Edit: Just noticed your edit, Avarice. According to the guys who did the fan translation, by the way the text was done in the original game, it's a pain to translate and Nintendo never had any intentions of an English release. Chances are, lazyness will result in it never being released here unless remade or something.

Last edited by Dylan Yoshi; 25th July 2008 at 05:47 AM.

Tags
boing!, hack, lucas, mother 3, mr. saturn

User Tag List