Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 16th August 2007, 09:41 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
very good theory

Well banjo kazooie must likely has complete sns with banjo tooie but banjo tooie does not have complete sns with banjo kazooie.
We all now about the n64 memory changes done in 1999 that would make sns impossiable to do. Nintendo most likely did not want sns to be in the games as they were most likely afraid of more n64's breaking and nintendo either having to fix them or replace them. So sns was killed.

What would have been a better idea to do besides sns would have been having banjo kazooie and banjo tooie requiring 1 block of data on the memory card.
If banjo kazooie sees banjo tooie memory card data then you unlock extra features on banjo kazooie and if banjo tooie sees banjo kazooie memory card data you unlock extra features on banjo tooie. No sns involved and much easier to do and much more reliable.

Old 16th August 2007, 11:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Its a better idea, but...its not a theory.

Old 17th August 2007, 07:47 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Well banjo kazooie must likely has complete sns with banjo tooie but banjo tooie does not have complete sns with banjo kazooie.
Looking back at banjo kazooie, it appears that SNS might not actually be complete in BK. Why, well look here:

-Mumbo always shows you the pictures even if you have the sns eggs. If it were fully complete Mumbo would say something like "Congratulations you have found all the secrets, I have nothing else to show you."

-The SNS menu is stuck, there is no way to remove it in game. If SNS was complete in Bk, then by swapping it would somehow remove an item from the menu.

Quote:
We all now about the n64 memory changes done in 1999 that would make sns impossiable to do. Nintendo most likely did not want sns to be in the games as they were most likely afraid of more n64's breaking and nintendo either having to fix them or replace them. So sns was killed.
That's not what killed SNS as Rare could've easily made the memory card involved. Also, SNS was meant to be a cold swap, not hot-swap.

Also, I will reveal to you a key clue in the puzzle of why it may have been cold-swapped.

STOP-N-SWOP , that's right folks. It does not indicate swapping while the n64 is on. In fact if you look at the word STOP, it is possibly saying something like the N64's power should first be STOPPED and then the carts should be SWAPPED. The memory card would then be used, instead of ram as the memory(NVMEM) that would hold the SNS flag in it. To be carried over to Banjo Tooie. That is my vision of how SNS truely would have worked. Although I am leaving something important out that I will reveal at another time.

Old 17th August 2007, 10:02 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123

STOP-N-SWOP , that's right folks. It does not indicate swapping while the n64 is on. In fact if you look at the word STOP, it is possibly saying something like the N64's power should first be STOPPED and then the carts should be SWAPPED. The memory card would then be used, instead of ram as the memory(NVMEM) that would hold the SNS flag in it. To be carried over to Banjo Tooie. That is my vision of how SNS truely would have worked. Although I am leaving something important out that I will reveal at another time.
Thats actually gd stuff =P But stop could have just meant sto playing ?